The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #251
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
While Welker is still going to give us something, I don't expect a whole lot from him

honestly by season's end I expect Latimer to be a bigger part of the offense than Welker
I think Welker is going to be playing that Stokley type role, he is not going to light it up stat wise, but I am going to be betting on Welker every time an important 3rd down needs to get converted in the air and in the red zone. His ability to get open against zone coverage is something I think Manning is going to know how to appreciate.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #252
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Elaborate.
As a receiver I take Thomas over Smith for obvious reasons. Size, speed, skill. Smith had heart as an UDFA, and Elway capitalized on what he needed to. All around DT is a better player.

Leading to my personal bias, which in itself may seem superficial.

I work at a Costco in Denver, 80 comes in to shop every few months. The first couple of times I saw him, I approached with appropriate awe. Each time I was brushed off with a glance, as he was on a phone call via headset (he doesn't have a Bluetooth.) My initial reaction was one of indignation that simmered into a logical thought process of "how would I react to perfect strangers walking up and saluting me while I'm picking up a carton of maxi-pads, a gallon of nacho cheese and a few pints of Nyquil?"

After putting myself in his shoes, I just wrote it off as a man wanting to be anonymous in public. Which he normally is, I'm sure.

Yet I've seen him come through the store on many more occasions without acknowledging him in any way. Still making eye contact , but saying and doing nothing. He smirks at most people, leers at our curvaceous employees, and generally seems like a star approaching the event horizon of the black hole of ambiguity.

Last edited by myMind; 06-03-2014 at 12:48 AM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #253
Sly_Eli
Perennial Pro-bowler

Anyone notice that Justice is getting first team reps at Right Tackle, while Clark is still backing up Clady on the left? I know it's preseason and they're moving guys around, but you'd think they'd be getting Clark reps on the right side since he's never worked there before. It's something to keep an eye on.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #254
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Anyone notice that Justice is getting first team reps at Right Tackle, while Clark is still backing up Clady on the left? I know it's preseason and they're moving guys around, but you'd think they'd be getting Clark reps on the right side since he's never worked there before. It's something to keep an eye on.
They are just shuffling guys around trying to find the right combo. May the best man win. Actually, I found it even more interesting that Schoefield was getting the #2 reps. That would be even better news if he keeps it going into TC.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #255
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?

Super Bowl 50 Champs

Bruton was the starting SS in last year's OTAs

I think Del Rio even said a similar thing about him that Fox said about Justice: "he earned it"

This is just the coaches rewarding I guess the guys they think had the best offseason; I wouldn't look too much into it
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #256
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
As a receiver I take Thomas over Smith for obvious reasons. Size, speed, skill. Smith had heart as an UDFA, and Elway capitalized on what he needed to. All around DT is a better player.

Leading to my personal bias, which in itself may seem superficial.

I work at a Costco in Denver, 80 comes in to shop every few months. The first couple of times I saw him, I approached with appropriate awe. Each time I was brushed off with a glance, as he was on a phone call via headset (he doesn't have a Bluetooth.) My initial reaction was one of indignation that simmered into a logical thought process of "how would I react to perfect strangers walking up and saluting me while I'm picking up a carton of maxi-pads, a gallon of nacho cheese and a few pints of Nyquil?"

After putting myself in his shoes, I just wrote it off as a man wanting to be anonymous in public. Which he normally is, I'm sure.

Yet I've seen him come through the store on many more occasions without acknowledging him in any way. Still making eye contact , but saying and doing nothing. He smirks at most people, leers at our curvaceous employees, and generally seems like a star approaching the event horizon of the black hole of ambiguity.
Oh, good. For a second there I was worried you were going to tell me something bad about Rod Smith.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #257
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Oh, good. For a second there I was worried you were going to tell me something bad about Rod Smith.
He drowns kittens
Old 06-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #258
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He drowns kittens

mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #259
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
He drowns kittens
still waiting for something bad
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #260
randerson1184
Camp Arm

2015 Super Bowl Champions!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

Not surprising about Rod Smith. I've heard Richie Incognito isn't very personable off the field either.

Seriously though, Rod Smith did reply to one of my tweets once.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #261
delany
Uber Bronco

Can't believe #80 didn't want to be BFFs with the guy selling him a jumbo hot dog at Costco.

Are there no decent people left in the World?!?
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #262
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

bwhaha
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #263
pricejj
jungle

Vinston Painter working at OG. Not sure which side.

That's where I think his natural position is, so I'm happy. I'd chalk him up to being a darkhorse candidate to start at LG next year if he's good.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #264
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
I do not think it means much right now. But if it lingers into TC it will.
I am on record as saying I do not think Clark has the RT job wrapped up and I think it will come down to the wire.

You don't re-sign Justice, draft Scholfield and hedge your bets on Franklin not being a absolute permanent move if you were fully on board with Clark.
That's not how the Broncos work under Elway.

On the subject of Rod Smith.
So you're telling me that a person shopping wants to do their thing and be left alone? Hmm... Shocking.
If he wanted to talk and be friendly with you, he would be.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #265
NorCalBronco7
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Barrow just signed.
NorCalBronco7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #266
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Who was the LT? Swayne or jones? I gotta take Clady there.
HoF Zimmerman for the first SB win...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #267
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Barrow just signed.
Wheel?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #268
NorCalBronco7
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Wheel?
Duh
Old 06-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #269
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Barrow just signed.
I definitely want to see the competition at LB.
I get the feeling that Irving wins the job at MLB but that Barrow and Nelson find a lot of PT in sub packages and ST's.

Though it would not stun me to see Irving stay on the field. He played pretty well in coverage a few times in the SB. Which I never thought I would say.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #270
NorCalBronco7
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I definitely want to see the competition at LB.
I get the feeling that Irving wins the job at MLB but that Barrow and Nelson find a lot of PT in sub packages and ST's.

Though it would not stun me to see Irving stay on the field. He played pretty well in coverage a few times in the SB. Which I never thought I would say.
Yeah me too. I dont really see Irving in coverage much because hes not the greatest athlete, but its possible because he looks like a smart player with solid awareness. Really hope Barrow can come in soon and be that nickle lb. I loved his man coverage in college and he looks very comfortable there.

I will say, though, that I wouldnt be surprised to see the Broncos sign a vet lb to solidify things.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #271
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yeah me too. I dont really see Irving in coverage much because hes not the greatest athlete, but its possible because he looks like a smart player with solid awareness. Really hope Barrow can come in soon and be that nickle lb. I loved his man coverage in college and he looks very comfortable there.

I will say, though, that I wouldnt be surprised to see the Broncos sign a vet lb to solidify things.
Irving had better combine numbers and college pass defended stats the Barrow.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #272
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
Can't believe #80 didn't want to be BFFs with the guy selling him a jumbo hot dog at Costco.

Are there no decent people left in the World?!?
I made him a bracelet and everything.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #273
NorCalBronco7
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Irving had better combine numbers and college pass defended stats the Barrow.
Thats interesting. Wouldnt have guessed that. I still think Irving is limited in the nickle role in the NFL, though. Especially man converage because I dont think he has the best agility to shadow routes. But hes pretty good pressing guys at the line.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #274
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Thats interesting. Wouldnt have guessed that. I still think Irving is limited in the nickle role in the NFL, though. Especial. man converage because I dont think he has the best agility to shadow routes. But hes pretty good pressing guys at the line.
Yeah in 2008 before the injury Irving had 9 PDs and 4 INTs. His three cone and shuttle are better then Barrow which I feel shows that Irving can do well in coverage. He needs to regain pre injury form. That will help a lot.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #275
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Irving's problems have always been mental, not physical. He has good instincts too, he just doesn't know how to call the defense and how to line guys up, or call audibles. All that stuff is extremely important and usually falls on the MLBs shoulders.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote