The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #226
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Those were comments from Dmac. Press got to watch the entire practice today. Welker could just be taking a little time to get his body back in shape, though he is 33. Doubtful that he's a Pro Bowl player anymore. Welker probably just looks slow compared to Emmanuel Sanders.

Some other comments from Troy Renck, and some from DB.com interviews.
Or it could be for welker that it's not a 3rd and 6, 3rd and goal sometime in the fall.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #227
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I'm excited about this team but it is tempered by the fact that it all hinges on a quarterback with a penchant for postseason disappointment, a moral victory type head coach, a knucklehead HOF talent linebacker on his last strike, and continued successful recovery from several bizarre life/limb threatening injuries. And outside of Vasquez, there isn't an offensive starter I'd take over the '98 squad. Still, if healthy this team should have as good of a chance as any.
Only Vasquez? I'd take Julius Thomas over carswell/chamberlain.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #228
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
I'm excited about this team but it is tempered by the fact that it all hinges on a quarterback with a penchant for postseason disappointment, a moral victory type head coach, a knucklehead HOF talent linebacker on his last strike, and continued successful recovery from several bizarre life/limb threatening injuries. And outside of Vasquez, there isn't an offensive starter I'd take over the '98 squad. Still, if healthy this team should have as good of a chance as any.
When I first read the above I was like "WHAT" then as I went through offense I realize you are right.

You were not talking about the D too were you?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #229
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Only Vasquez? I'd take Julius Thomas over chamberlain.
Not counting him as a starter. But Shannon Sharpe >>>>>> Julius Thomas. No knock on Thomas. Sharpe was just the greatest TE ever.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #230
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Not counting him as a starter. But Shannon Sharpe >>>>>> Julius Thomas. No knock on Thomas. Sharpe was just the greatest TE ever.
Oh I thought you meant the offensive squad as a whole.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #231
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When I first read the above I was like "WHAT" then as I went through offense I realize you are right.

You were not talking about the D too were you?
Nope. But the offense was overwhelmingly stacked with arguably the greatest Bronco players to ever play their respective position.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #232
rugbythug
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Clady, DT, Vasquez, but thats it.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #233
pricejj
jungle

Rahim Moore interview db.com:

Im glad coach Fox and Elway brought these guys in. Me and T.J. Ward, weve been friends since back from college days. We used to call each other up and share different route concepts, stuff like that, so the rapport is great.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #234
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Nope. But the offense was overwhelmingly stacked with arguably the greatest Bronco players to ever play their respective position.

I agree but would not have thought that until I started going through the positions starter for starter.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #235
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Who was the LT? Swayne or jones? I gotta take Clady there.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #236
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Who was the LT? I gotta take Clady there.
HOF badass Gary Zimmerman. Who I would take in a hot minute over Clady. No knock on Clady.

Back up a year. I'm thinking 98 Superbowl. So 97 Broncos.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #237
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
HOF badass Gary Zimmerman. Who I would take in a hot minute over Clady. No knock on Clady.

Back up a year. I'm thinking 98 Superbowl. So 97 Broncos.
Gotcha. Ya Zimmerman first.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #238
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Rahim Moore interview db.com:

Im glad coach Fox and Elway brought these guys in. Me and T.J. Ward, weve been friends since back from college days. We used to call each other up and share different route concepts, stuff like that, so the rapport is great.
Good, I expect double digit picks between the two.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #239
Krayzie8s
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Those were comments from Dmac. Press got to watch the entire practice today. Welker could just be taking a little time to get his body back in shape, though he is 33. Doubtful that he's a Pro Bowl player anymore. Welker probably just looks slow compared to Emmanuel Sanders.

I feel like dmac has a personal vendetta against welker. He was calling for him to be cut earlier this year. He keeps talking about how welker will be the surprise cut this year, which I doubt would happen cuz that would leave dead money. I remember him lobbying for the team to keep deck over wes. Not saying he's lying but I just get the impression that he's not walkers biggest fan.
Krayzie8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #240
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

As somebody who does not listen to and has never even heard this Dmac guy, I have to wonder why the hell anybody here gives him any airtime/posts about his opinions.

I've never seen a single good thing said about him. It's all just useless information about a known dumbass.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #241
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
As somebody who does not listen to and has never even heard this Dmac guy, I have to wonder why the hell anybody here gives him any airtime/posts about his opinions.

I've never seen a single good thing said about him. It's all just useless information about a known dumbass.
I think he really is ATL-ERIC.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #242
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Ah yeah, I'm not gonna take dmacs word from a mini camp practice.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #243
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang

Abe's giving em the biznez

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Andrew Mason tweeted today that a "credentialed" media member asked him who #25 was. My money's on D-Mac. Just a random dude that knows nothing about football yet people take his word on it
schaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #244
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'd take DT over Rod Smith any day.

I see smith at Costco all the time, guys a dick.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #245
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie8s View Post
I feel like dmac has a personal vendetta against welker. He was calling for him to be cut earlier this year. He keeps talking about how welker will be the surprise cut this year, which I doubt would happen cuz that would leave dead money. I remember him lobbying for the team to keep deck over wes. Not saying he's lying but I just get the impression that he's not walkers biggest fan.
Yeah, I remember that too. Cutting Welker would save nothing against the cap. You're right, Dmac has an uninformed agenda. I'm sure Welker will be just as good as anybody expects. He sure came up with some clutch grabs in the AFCCG.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #246
Sly_Eli
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that too. Cutting Welker would save nothing against the cap. You're right, Dmac has an uninformed agenda. I'm sure Welker will be just as good as anybody expects. He sure came up with some clutch grabs in the AFCCG.
Welker was the talk of last year's OTAs and camp, with his quick cuts and crisp routes. Are we supposed to believe that a year later, in the same setting, he's no longer any good? gtfo, dmac.

Oh and thanks for the summaries, price. Good to hear the local media perspective.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #247
Maleficent
Fake ❤️

Default Second OTA Practice Takeaways

Quote:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Organized team activities are as much about experimentation as education. Shuffled personnel groups and alignments offer plenty of players glimpses at the first team -- and sometimes reveal nearly as much as the actual action once the ball is snapped.

That's where we start the first of the four takeaways from Monday's work.

1. Last year, Louis Vasquez's adjustment involved a new team and scheme after four years with the Chargers. This time around, it involves getting acquainted with a new right tackle to replace Orlando Franklin, who moved to right guard. But no matter who lines up at tackle, Vasquez expects the transition to be smooth.

"Were rotating right now with Chris Clark and Winston Justice. They have a few years under their belts, so its not taking very long, because theyve been in the game and they know what offensive line play is about," Vasquez said.

Clark started 14 games last year at left tackle after Ryan Clady's season-ending foot injury. But Justice, who didn't start for the Broncos last year, has NFL starting experience at right tackle, something Clark does not possess. Clark has worked as a right tackle in practice, but hasn't handled that role in the games.

Justice was re-signed in March, and even though the Broncos drafted Michigan's Michael Schofield, he could find a role up front.

He didnt get a whole lot of opportunity last year," said Fox of Justice, who played 18 offensive snaps last year. "I thought he did very well. So he understands our offense a lot better and knows a lot of the calls. We thought he earned that right and thats why we signed him back.

2. Even at a reported $6 million guaranteed, Emmanuel Sanders might turn into a bargain. His blend of speed and quickness on the outside offers a dynamic element the Broncos didn't have at that spot last year, and has resulted in him consistently getting downfield separation through the two days of OTAs we have witnessed. Late in the practice, he grabbed a deep pass up the sideline from Peyton Manning.

Sanders was not perfect. Earlier in practice, he came inches away from a lunging, end-zone catch on a post route but saw the football glance off his fingers. But Sanders grabbed everything else at all ranges, and is already making the offense more dynamic.

3. Last year at this time, we saw Julius Thomas emerge as a potential, frequent target of Manning. This year, he's looked toward Virgil Green on a regular basis. Green caught Manning's second pass in the first seven-on-seven period of the day, after catching three passes from Manning last Wednesday, and would have had a touchdown catch Monday if not for a leaping deflection by cornerback Aqib Talib.

Manning knows what he has in threats like Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, Jacob Tamme and Demaryius Thomas. If he can hone timing with Green, it gives him yet another option -- and perhaps the chance to add another power gear to the Broncos' diverse passing offense.

4. Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson have similar size -- now that Wolfe has re-gained the weight he lost last year -- and skill sets, with the ability to go inside and outside. But it's not simply a matter of seeing one or the other at a time; they can be used in tandem, depending on the situation.

Last year, Jackson spoke of how competition with Wolfe helped hone his skills, and by the end of the year, he had become a solid starter, and was particularly prolific as a pass rusher. That was the case for Wolfe as a rookie. Now, the job starts all over again now for both, and if they are used in tandem, they can not only keep each other fresh, but provide a burst of speed if both are used together on the inside in pass-rush situations.

"You have to reprove yourself every year," said Wolfe. "It doesn't matter who you are. You always have to reprove yourself. I appreciate the competition, I love it." Organized team activities are as much about experimentation as education. Shuffled personnel groups and alignments offer plenty of players glimpses at the first team -- and sometimes reveal nearly as much as the actual action once the ball is snapped.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-48308ab59cd6
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #248
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?

Super Bowl 50 Champs

While Welker is still going to give us something, I don't expect a whole lot from him

honestly by season's end I expect Latimer to be a bigger part of the offense than Welker
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #249
Maleficent
Fake ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Welker was the talk of last year's OTAs and camp, with his quick cuts and crisp routes. Are we supposed to believe that a year later, in the same setting, he's no longer any good? gtfo, dmac.

Oh and thanks for the summaries, price. Good to hear the local media perspective.
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #250
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
I'd take DT over Rod Smith any day.

I see smith at Costco all the time, guys a dick.
Elaborate.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote