The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

Default Half of Republicans think Trump should have the power to kill media outlets

Lol these people are straight out of the Goebbels playbook

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...-outlets-vgtrn
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

I wondered when someone would get around to posting this.

And these people protest when we call them fascists.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Only ones that piss us off.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
So anyone with a differing opinion then?
OleNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

A large percentage of Republicans are authoritarians and actively opposed to the Constitution. This is not news.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Why would anyone tune into anything other than Fox News?? It says it’s fair and balanced, right on the screen each day...

They should really be the preferred media outlet, with USG stamp of approval...
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #7
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Well, I love reading all the discourse and push back to this corrupt administration and their sycophant supporters but it is all talk until the election, then we will see if we put our votes where our mouths are.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Lol these people are straight out of the Goebbels playbook

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...-outlets-vgtrn
They're nothing but hypocrites. If Trump wanted to shut down Faux News, they would go out of their minds.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:15 AM   #9
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They're nothing but hypocrites. If Trump wanted to shut down Faux News, they would go out of their minds.
I disagree, If Trump got on Twitter and railed for days that Sheppard Smith was spreading fake news and Fox wouldn't fire him. I think his supporters would show up at Fox Headquarters with torches and pitchforks.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:38 AM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

I think it's becoming increasingly likely that he will attempt to remain in office no matter what happens, and that includes a defeat in the next election in 2020. I can't foresee any circumstances in which he would voluntarily leave. I think he would attempt to create some kind of crisis that would allow him to remain in power permanently. That's not hyperbole, but a reflection of his entire approach based on the known facts we have. He admires dictators, and I think it's very likely he will attempt to become one even more than he has so far.

Think about it...in what universe would this guy willingly leave, and become and accept becoming an ex-president?
Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Fascist piece of garbage gonna be fascist.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I disagree, If Trump got on Twitter and railed for days that Sheppard Smith was spreading fake news and Fox wouldn't fire him. I think his supporters would show up at Fox Headquarters with torches and pitchforks.

Although Jonah's a very part time contributor there.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 AM   #13
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I think it's becoming increasingly likely that he will attempt to remain in office no matter what happens, and that includes a defeat in the next election in 2020. I can't foresee any circumstances in which he would voluntarily leave.
I remember a few similar nutjobs saying the same about GW. I guess I heard a kook or two say it about Obama as well.

Check your grip on reality, Steps.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #14
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:59 AM   #15
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
I think it's becoming increasingly likely that he will attempt to remain in office no matter what happens, and that includes a defeat in the next election in 2020. I can't foresee any circumstances in which he would voluntarily leave. I think he would attempt to create some kind of crisis that would allow him to remain in power permanently. That's not hyperbole, but a reflection of his entire approach based on the known facts we have. He admires dictators, and I think it's very likely he will attempt to become one even more than he has so far.

Think about it...in what universe would this guy willingly leave, and become and accept becoming an ex-president?
I said, on the day he was elected, that we would have to drag him from the white house with a rope around his neck and hang him from a cherry tree on the mall. I don't see any reason to change my opinion. He will try to cancel the 2020 election with some ginned up crisis, and the dumb people that support him will think its a good idea.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #16
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
I remember a few similar nutjobs saying the same about GW. I guess I heard a kook or two say it about Obama as well.

Check your grip on reality, Steps.
Did you ever hear either of those two praising dictators and hinting that they should stay in power for life like one of them? No? Then it’s you who needs to check your grip.

You don’t seem to understand a basic fact. Rump is a drug addict, and his drug of choice is power. He can’t survive without it. I used to work with addicts, and hard core addicts don’t usually quit their drug voluntarily. On top of that, his only possible defense against prosecution is to stay in the office. If he perceives that he will face criminal prosecution once he leaves, he will fight like a cornered rat to avoid leaving. He has already hinted that he should remain in power, and I don’t believe for one second that he wasn’t testing the response he would get from his insane base. He suports terrorist organizations that he could reliably expect to commit acts of violence in his defense or for his continued presence in the office. He could easily provoke them to go full bore Oklahoma City and use the resulting destabilizing impact to declare martial law, suspend all civil rights and try to assume total power. He could do something else as well, like launch a nuclear strike or invade another country to create a pretense for a crisis that demanded “a strong leader”.

There is literally NOTHING I would put last him doing.

Other options he could deploy...trying to start a race war by working with some rogue element in the intel community devoted to Neo-Nazi/white supremacy and attempting to murder a high profile black leader like Obama or bombing a large black church, working with some other dictator to set up a biological or chemical attack on US soil, or causing a nuclear power plant to melt down...the list of his options is unrestrained by anything or anyone. His co-conspirators in Congress would assist him as well.

The threat is real.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 08-10-2018 at 08:22 AM..
Old 08-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #17
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Deadbeat Coach

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Did you ever hear either of those two praising dictators and hinting that they should stay in power for life like one of them? No? Then it’s you who needs to check your grip.

You don’t seem to understand a basic fact. Rump is a drug addict, and his drug of choice is power. He can’t survive without it. I used to work with addicts, and hard core addicts don’t usually quit their drug voluntarily. On top of that, his only possible defense against prosecution is to stay in the office. If he perceives that he will face criminal prosecution once he leaves, he will fight like a cornered rat to avoid leaving. He has already hinted that he should remain in power, and I don’t believe for one second that he wasn’t testing the response he would get from his insane base. He suports terrorist organizations that he could reliably expect to commit acts of violence in his defense or for his continued presence in the office. He could easily provoke them to go full bore Oklahoma City and use the resulting destabilizing impact to declare martial law, suspend all civil rights and try to assume total power. He could do something else as well, like launch a nuclear strike or invade another country to create a pretense for a crisis that demanded “a strong leader”.

Other options he could deploy...trying to start a race war by working with some rogue element in the intel community devoted to Neo-Nazi/white supremacy and attempting to murder a high profile black leader like Obama or bombing a large black church, working with some other dictator to set up a biological or chemical attack on US soil, or causing a nuclear power plant to melt down...the list of his options is unrestrained by anything or anyone. His co-conspirators in Congress would assist him as well.

The threat is real.

GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #18
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:

OMG... I believe that tweet by Trump. If anyone knows about tweeting like a 14 year-old girl it is him.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #19
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
You think we are immune from losing control of this country to a dictator? You’ve probably never read much history then. All the elements are available to him to attempt this. He has congressional support from the GOP who refuses to look at his crimes. He has an active propaganda machine to do his bidding through the media. He has people in congress hiding their own crimes who know his presence protects them. He has the ability to stack the Supreme Court in his favor. He has his own paramilitary force set up through Homeland Security and he has control of the military. Worst of all he has support from about a third of the public who literally would support him if he declared martial law and seized total power. Which of these undeniable facts can you even contest?

What does he lack?

That’s the unknow question. Maybe nothing.

Wake up. You’re living in the midst of a country controlled by a sociopath with almost unlimited power and a tenuous grasp on reality. If you think this can’t happen here, crack a ****ing history book.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #20
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Deadbeat Coach

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
You think we are immune from losing control of this country to a dictator? You’ve probably never read much history then. All the elements are available to him to attempt this. He has congressional support from the GOP who refuses to look at his crimes. He has an active propaganda machine to do his bidding through the media. He has people in congress hiding their own crimes who know his presence protects them. He has the ability to stack the Supreme Court in his favor. He has his own paramilitary force set up through Homeland Security and he has control of the military. Worst of all he has support from about a third of the public who literally would support him if he declared martial law and seized total power. Which of these undeniable facts can you even contest?

What does he lack?

That’s the unknow question. Maybe nothing.

Wake up. You’re living in the midst of a country controlled by a sociopath with almost unlimited power and a tenuous grasp on reality. If you think this can’t happen here, crack a ****ing history book.

GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #21
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

The threat is real.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #22
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
I remember a few similar nutjobs saying the same about GW.
Actually, the nutjob in question was a Bush appointee...

Quote:
Newsweek said the discussions about whether the November 2 election could be postponed started with a recent letter to Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge from DeForest Soaries Jr., chairman of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.

The commission was set up after the disputed 2000 presidential vote to help states deal with logistical problems in their elections.

Soaries, who was appointed by President Bush, is a former New Jersey secretary of state and senior pastor of the 7,000-member First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset.

Newsweek reported that Soaries expressed concern that no federal agency had the authority to postpone an election and asked Ridge to ask Congress to give his commission such power.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLIT...ion.day.delay/
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #23
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
In other words, you've got no way to counter my arguments, and the best you can do is to throw up some meaningless filler in order to offer the appearance of a response.

You people have no idea what kind of danger you've unleashed upon this country.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #24
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
In other words, you've got no way to counter my arguments, and the best you can do is to throw up some meaningless filler in order to offer the appearance of a response.

You people have no idea what kind of danger you've unleashed upon this country.
Quote:
He has an active propaganda machine to do his bidding through the media.

Do you even listen to yourself? The vast majority of the media people listen to wake up every morning with an uncontrollable itch to end Trump's presidency.

Having essentially one outlet running parrot for your opposition may seem fresh and unusual to you, but I can assure you, to a Conservative, that would be a refreshing lightening of the normal load.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:

Do you even listen to yourself? The vast majority of the media people listen to wake up every morning with an uncontrollable itch to end Trump's presidency.

Having essentially one outlet running parrot for your opposition may seem fresh and unusual to you, but I can assure you, to a Conservative, that would be a refreshing lightening of the normal load.
Any reasonably intelligent human being would want to end this presidency, but aside from that, it doesn't matter how many networks he has under his control, because all of his mindless idiots listen to the only one that matters to them.

This very thread proves the danger here. More than half of people who identify as GOP Republicans would like to give the POTUS the power to eliminate the media and assume power over the message we are allowed to hear.

If that doesn't scare the living **** out of you, you're a lost cause, hopelessly brainwashed, and beyond redemption. You support an aspiring dictator who is meeting in secret with our primary enemy's leader, who is holding discussions with other dictators, and who's attempting to consolidate his power over this country through every means possible.

What do you think he's discussing with these tyrants and despots? Trade? No...he's looking for tips on how they assumed total power and trying to figure out a way he can do the same.

There's no way in hell he's not actively considering ways to do this, absolutely zero chance that it's not a primary goal of his. Can you even picture him stepping down if he's voted out? All he has to do is to claim the election was rigged, move to suspend the results, and unless a clear Democratic majority exists in the Congress to stop him, he and his treasonous alt-right supporters will attempt to do exactly that. He's not leaving office if he can figure out a way to stay. No sociopathic, narcissist like him would do so, and no power-mad lunatic who wonders why he shouldn't have the right to use nukes since he has them would hesitate to try to assume total control if he had the opportunity.

All the elements needed are already present for him to try to suspend the constitution and set himself up as an absolute ruler. Only a blind fool could possibly not recognize this.