The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 
Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,637
Default Half of Republicans think Trump should have the power to kill media outlets

Lol these people are straight out of the Goebbels playbook

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...-outlets-vgtrn
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

I wondered when someone would get around to posting this.

And these people protest when we call them fascists.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 17,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!
Default

Only ones that piss us off.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer
 
OleNumber7's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Only ones that piss us off.
So anyone with a differing opinion then?
OleNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,770

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

A large percentage of Republicans are authoritarians and actively opposed to the Constitution. This is not news.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
B-Large
Pork Hanger
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Oily Variety Bohunk

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,497
Default

Why would anyone tune into anything other than Fox News?? It says it’s fair and balanced, right on the screen each day...

They should really be the preferred media outlet, with USG stamp of approval...
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #7
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,150

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Well, I love reading all the discourse and push back to this corrupt administration and their sycophant supporters but it is all talk until the election, then we will see if we put our votes where our mouths are.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 17,946

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Lol these people are straight out of the Goebbels playbook

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...-outlets-vgtrn
They're nothing but hypocrites. If Trump wanted to shut down Faux News, they would go out of their minds.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:15 AM   #9
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,150

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They're nothing but hypocrites. If Trump wanted to shut down Faux News, they would go out of their minds.
I disagree, If Trump got on Twitter and railed for days that Sheppard Smith was spreading fake news and Fox wouldn't fire him. I think his supporters would show up at Fox Headquarters with torches and pitchforks.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:38 AM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

I think it's becoming increasingly likely that he will attempt to remain in office no matter what happens, and that includes a defeat in the next election in 2020. I can't foresee any circumstances in which he would voluntarily leave. I think he would attempt to create some kind of crisis that would allow him to remain in power permanently. That's not hyperbole, but a reflection of his entire approach based on the known facts we have. He admires dictators, and I think it's very likely he will attempt to become one even more than he has so far.

Think about it...in what universe would this guy willingly leave, and become and accept becoming an ex-president?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 16,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Only ones that piss us off.
Fascist piece of garbage gonna be fascist.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I disagree, If Trump got on Twitter and railed for days that Sheppard Smith was spreading fake news and Fox wouldn't fire him. I think his supporters would show up at Fox Headquarters with torches and pitchforks.



Although Jonah's a very part time contributor there.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 AM   #13
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I think it's becoming increasingly likely that he will attempt to remain in office no matter what happens, and that includes a defeat in the next election in 2020. I can't foresee any circumstances in which he would voluntarily leave.
I remember a few similar nutjobs saying the same about GW. I guess I heard a kook or two say it about Obama as well.

Check your grip on reality, Steps.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #14
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 15,333

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post



Although Jonah's a very part time contributor there.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:59 AM   #15
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mesa AZ til May
Posts: 7,926

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I think it's becoming increasingly likely that he will attempt to remain in office no matter what happens, and that includes a defeat in the next election in 2020. I can't foresee any circumstances in which he would voluntarily leave. I think he would attempt to create some kind of crisis that would allow him to remain in power permanently. That's not hyperbole, but a reflection of his entire approach based on the known facts we have. He admires dictators, and I think it's very likely he will attempt to become one even more than he has so far.

Think about it...in what universe would this guy willingly leave, and become and accept becoming an ex-president?
I said, on the day he was elected, that we would have to drag him from the white house with a rope around his neck and hang him from a cherry tree on the mall. I don't see any reason to change my opinion. He will try to cancel the 2020 election with some ginned up crisis, and the dumb people that support him will think its a good idea.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #16
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I remember a few similar nutjobs saying the same about GW. I guess I heard a kook or two say it about Obama as well.

Check your grip on reality, Steps.
Did you ever hear either of those two praising dictators and hinting that they should stay in power for life like one of them? No? Then it’s you who needs to check your grip.

You don’t seem to understand a basic fact. Rump is a drug addict, and his drug of choice is power. He can’t survive without it. I used to work with addicts, and hard core addicts don’t usually quit their drug voluntarily. On top of that, his only possible defense against prosecution is to stay in the office. If he perceives that he will face criminal prosecution once he leaves, he will fight like a cornered rat to avoid leaving. He has already hinted that he should remain in power, and I don’t believe for one second that he wasn’t testing the response he would get from his insane base. He suports terrorist organizations that he could reliably expect to commit acts of violence in his defense or for his continued presence in the office. He could easily provoke them to go full bore Oklahoma City and use the resulting destabilizing impact to declare martial law, suspend all civil rights and try to assume total power. He could do something else as well, like launch a nuclear strike or invade another country to create a pretense for a crisis that demanded “a strong leader”.

There is literally NOTHING I would put last him doing.

Other options he could deploy...trying to start a race war by working with some rogue element in the intel community devoted to Neo-Nazi/white supremacy and attempting to murder a high profile black leader like Obama or bombing a large black church, working with some other dictator to set up a biological or chemical attack on US soil, or causing a nuclear power plant to melt down...the list of his options is unrestrained by anything or anyone. His co-conspirators in Congress would assist him as well.

The threat is real.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 08-10-2018 at 08:22 AM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #17
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 
Deadbeat Coach

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,516

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Did you ever hear either of those two praising dictators and hinting that they should stay in power for life like one of them? No? Then it’s you who needs to check your grip.

You don’t seem to understand a basic fact. Rump is a drug addict, and his drug of choice is power. He can’t survive without it. I used to work with addicts, and hard core addicts don’t usually quit their drug voluntarily. On top of that, his only possible defense against prosecution is to stay in the office. If he perceives that he will face criminal prosecution once he leaves, he will fight like a cornered rat to avoid leaving. He has already hinted that he should remain in power, and I don’t believe for one second that he wasn’t testing the response he would get from his insane base. He suports terrorist organizations that he could reliably expect to commit acts of violence in his defense or for his continued presence in the office. He could easily provoke them to go full bore Oklahoma City and use the resulting destabilizing impact to declare martial law, suspend all civil rights and try to assume total power. He could do something else as well, like launch a nuclear strike or invade another country to create a pretense for a crisis that demanded “a strong leader”.

There is literally NOTHING I would put last him doing.

Other options he could deploy...trying to start a race war by working with some rogue element in the intel community devoted to Neo-Nazi/white supremacy and attempting to murder a high profile black leader like Obama or bombing a large black church, working with some other dictator to set up a biological or chemical attack on US soil, or causing a nuclear power plant to melt down...the list of his options is unrestrained by anything or anyone. His co-conspirators in Congress would assist him as well.

The threat is real.

GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #18
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,150

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post



Although Jonah's a very part time contributor there.
OMG... I believe that tweet by Trump. If anyone knows about tweeting like a 14 year-old girl it is him.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #19
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
You think we are immune from losing control of this country to a dictator? You’ve probably never read much history then. All the elements are available to him to attempt this. He has congressional support from the GOP who refuses to look at his crimes. He has an active propaganda machine to do his bidding through the media. He has people in congress hiding their own crimes who know his presence protects them. He has the ability to stack the Supreme Court in his favor. He has his own paramilitary force set up through Homeland Security and he has control of the military. Worst of all he has support from about a third of the public who literally would support him if he declared martial law and seized total power. Which of these undeniable facts can you even contest?

What does he lack?

That’s the unknow question. Maybe nothing.

Wake up. You’re living in the midst of a country controlled by a sociopath with almost unlimited power and a tenuous grasp on reality. If you think this can’t happen here, crack a ****ing history book.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #20
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 
Deadbeat Coach

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,516

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
You think we are immune from losing control of this country to a dictator? You’ve probably never read much history then. All the elements are available to him to attempt this. He has congressional support from the GOP who refuses to look at his crimes. He has an active propaganda machine to do his bidding through the media. He has people in congress hiding their own crimes who know his presence protects them. He has the ability to stack the Supreme Court in his favor. He has his own paramilitary force set up through Homeland Security and he has control of the military. Worst of all he has support from about a third of the public who literally would support him if he declared martial law and seized total power. Which of these undeniable facts can you even contest?

What does he lack?

That’s the unknow question. Maybe nothing.

Wake up. You’re living in the midst of a country controlled by a sociopath with almost unlimited power and a tenuous grasp on reality. If you think this can’t happen here, crack a ****ing history book.

GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #21
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Did you ever hear either of those two praising dictators and hinting that they should stay in power for life like one of them? No? Then it’s you who needs to check your grip.

You don’t seem to understand a basic fact. Rump is a drug addict, and his drug of choice is power. He can’t survive without it. I used to work with addicts, and hard core addicts don’t usually quit their drug voluntarily. On top of that, his only possible defense against prosecution is to stay in the office. If he perceives that he will face criminal prosecution once he leaves, he will fight like a cornered rat to avoid leaving. He has already hinted that he should remain in power, and I don’t believe for one second that he wasn’t testing the response he would get from his insane base. He suports terrorist organizations that he could reliably expect to commit acts of violence in his defense or for his continued presence in the office. He could easily provoke them to go full bore Oklahoma City and use the resulting destabilizing impact to declare martial law, suspend all civil rights and try to assume total power. He could do something else as well, like launch a nuclear strike or invade another country to create a pretense for a crisis that demanded “a strong leader”.

There is literally NOTHING I would put last him doing.

Other options he could deploy...trying to start a race war by working with some rogue element in the intel community devoted to Neo-Nazi/white supremacy and attempting to murder a high profile black leader like Obama or bombing a large black church, working with some other dictator to set up a biological or chemical attack on US soil, or causing a nuclear power plant to melt down...the list of his options is unrestrained by anything or anyone. His co-conspirators in Congress would assist him as well.

The threat is real.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #22
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 83,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I remember a few similar nutjobs saying the same about GW.
Actually, the nutjob in question was a Bush appointee...

Quote:
Newsweek said the discussions about whether the November 2 election could be postponed started with a recent letter to Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge from DeForest Soaries Jr., chairman of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.

The commission was set up after the disputed 2000 presidential vote to help states deal with logistical problems in their elections.

Soaries, who was appointed by President Bush, is a former New Jersey secretary of state and senior pastor of the 7,000-member First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset.

Newsweek reported that Soaries expressed concern that no federal agency had the authority to postpone an election and asked Ridge to ask Congress to give his commission such power.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLIT...ion.day.delay/
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #23
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
In other words, you've got no way to counter my arguments, and the best you can do is to throw up some meaningless filler in order to offer the appearance of a response.

You people have no idea what kind of danger you've unleashed upon this country.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #24
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
In other words, you've got no way to counter my arguments, and the best you can do is to throw up some meaningless filler in order to offer the appearance of a response.

You people have no idea what kind of danger you've unleashed upon this country.
Quote:
He has an active propaganda machine to do his bidding through the media.


Do you even listen to yourself? The vast majority of the media people listen to wake up every morning with an uncontrollable itch to end Trump's presidency.

Having essentially one outlet running parrot for your opposition may seem fresh and unusual to you, but I can assure you, to a Conservative, that would be a refreshing lightening of the normal load.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post


Do you even listen to yourself? The vast majority of the media people listen to wake up every morning with an uncontrollable itch to end Trump's presidency.

Having essentially one outlet running parrot for your opposition may seem fresh and unusual to you, but I can assure you, to a Conservative, that would be a refreshing lightening of the normal load.
Any reasonably intelligent human being would want to end this presidency, but aside from that, it doesn't matter how many networks he has under his control, because all of his mindless idiots listen to the only one that matters to them.

This very thread proves the danger here. More than half of people who identify as GOP Republicans would like to give the POTUS the power to eliminate the media and assume power over the message we are allowed to hear.

If that doesn't scare the living **** out of you, you're a lost cause, hopelessly brainwashed, and beyond redemption. You support an aspiring dictator who is meeting in secret with our primary enemy's leader, who is holding discussions with other dictators, and who's attempting to consolidate his power over this country through every means possible.

What do you think he's discussing with these tyrants and despots? Trade? No...he's looking for tips on how they assumed total power and trying to figure out a way he can do the same.

There's no way in hell he's not actively considering ways to do this, absolutely zero chance that it's not a primary goal of his. Can you even picture him stepping down if he's voted out? All he has to do is to claim the election was rigged, move to suspend the results, and unless a clear Democratic majority exists in the Congress to stop him, he and his treasonous alt-right supporters will attempt to do exactly that. He's not leaving office if he can figure out a way to stay. No sociopathic, narcissist like him would do so, and no power-mad lunatic who wonders why he shouldn't have the right to use nukes since he has them would hesitate to try to assume total control if he had the opportunity.

All the elements needed are already present for him to try to suspend the constitution and set himself up as an absolute ruler. Only a blind fool could possibly not recognize this.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Denver Broncos