The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2016, 05:43 AM   #3976
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Crazy episode.

Two huge battles coming up... Targaryan armada vs. Kingslanding/Lannisters. How will Tyrell's and Dorne play into that? Cersei really has nothing holding her back now and beneath the city, layered foundations of wild fire. I can imagine her getting hemmed in saying "burn them all..." It's going to be so ****ed up when Jamie has to kill the mad queen to prevent her from using all the wild fire in the city to stop the Targaryan army. The queen slayer. Cersei/Jamie destined for civil war.

John Snow, newly named King of the North vs. his sister, Sansa/Littlefinger. Littlefinger wants the iron throne. Sansa looking more confident in herself then ever before playing the game. Like the Lannisters, a break is headin this direction.

How does Bran fit in... The hound, brotherhood w/o banners, Arya, Brienne... Still not sure the blackfish is dead. All that being said, the white walkers are still threatening from the north. What about Benjen?
Don't forget the other half of the Iron Islands fleet. They will almost assuredly have to side with the Lannisters
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #3977
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Winter has come winter has come... Forget the lannisters Starks targaryeans and all other boring family lineages. It all boils down to dragons vs white walkers.

Fatty is going to find something in the library to turn the tide in favor of humanity.

rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #3978
Connecticut Bronco Fan
CTBF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Dennison

Tommen showed us why it's called "King's Landing"

Am I right?!
Connecticut Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #3979
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Is Littlefinger now the greatest danger to Jon?
Brohemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #3980
broncolife
Nut Hugger Detector

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich

Dany told Dario she will probably need to marry someone in westros . Who over there is worth marrying besides Jon? Littlefinger, Jaime? Totally looks like we will see some more incest. Jon and Dany will hook up. He's the perfect match for her. He doesn't care about leadership and she would gain the entire north.
broncolife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #3981
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post
Anyone else a little disappointed that we didn't see the wall come down? I figured for sure that this episode would end with the white walkers taking it down. Still one of the best episodes of all time though.
No....I think that's going to be the final battle.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #3982
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Holy cow. That b**** is going to be the Mountains plaything. That is disturbing.
That's a damn 'shame'.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #3983
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Holy cow. That b**** is going to be the Mountains plaything. That is disturbing.
Maybe not as bad the stories in the book about the giants ****ing the regular sized women after they captured them....but pretty damn close.

I think I remember that being speculated as to why Hodor was as big as he was....half giant.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #3984
tonngo0
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Dany told Dario she will probably need to marry someone in westros . Who over there is worth marrying besides Jon? Littlefinger, Jaime? Totally looks like we will see some more incest. Jon and Dany will hook up. He's the perfect match for her. He doesn't care about leadership and she would gain the entire north.
wow that is like an aunt hooking up with the nephew.
tonngo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #3985
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So are there other confirmed stocks of wildfire?

I was just thinking how Cersei kinda effed herself using it all on the High Sparrow with DT on the way.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #3986
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Fatty is going to find something in the library to turn the tide in favor of humanity.
Benjen talked about magic in the wall that keeps the Others and dead from passing it. Possible endgame it made me think of:

-Bran crosses the wall, breaking the magic since he's been touched by the Night's King

- the white walkers / dead flood into westeros, epic battles follow with the walkers nearing total victory

- Sam in his studies rediscovers the magic used to create the wall long ago. It is reinstated (but by who?), instantly destroying the armies of the dead that are now all beyond the magic line of the wall.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:22 AM   #3987
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

George RR must be quite frustrated right now. He seems like a surly old man who feels the need to best the show with crazy surprises, but due to the success of his work (and the internet), every fan theory has been stated, and since he told the show creators his planned end, he's racing to finish his story first. Where does he go from here?

At this rate, the books conclusion will feature something absurdly unpredictable like... I don't know... Tommen and Walder Frey activating the Titan of Braavos (like in Ghostbusters 2) and laying destruction on the night king.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #3988
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Winds of Winter. . .

Arriving on bookshelves in 2029.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #3989
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So are there other confirmed stocks of wildfire?

I was just thinking how Cersei kinda effed herself using it all on the High Sparrow with DT on the way.
I thought wildfire was all over the city, including the sept. Tyrion used wildfire in a battle last season or before.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #3990
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I thought wildfire was all over the city, including the sept. Tyrion used wildfire in a battle last season or before.
Yeah, but I thought the secret was kinda about "one more" cache of the stuff.

And it's not like it can be absolutely everywhere under town. Otherwise the sept fire would've been pretty tough to contain.

Anyway, I'm not saying I know. I'm saying I don't know.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:49 AM   #3991
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I think it is located under primary buildings and population centers but may be wrong. It's not continuous.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #3992
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, but I thought the secret was kinda about "one more" cache of the stuff.

And it's not like it can be absolutely everywhere under town. Otherwise the sept fire would've been pretty tough to contain.

Anyway, I'm not saying I know. I'm saying I don't know.
The reason why Jamie killed the mad King was because he was losing the war and planned to take everyone with him if he was going to lose. Jamie was ordered to light them all up and he obviously didn't by killing the pyromancer and the King.

There's stockpiles all over the city according to Jamie as he said to Brienne.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #3993
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post
Anyone else a little disappointed that we didn't see the wall come down? I figured for sure that this episode would end with the white walkers taking it down. Still one of the best episodes of all time though.
We did find out the wall has magic or some other purpose though. We'll see the true purpose of the wall next season probably.

Quote:
It's not just ice and stone,” he told Bran and Meera. “Ancient spells were carved into its foundation. Strong magic. To protect men from what lies beyond. And while it stands, the dead cannot pass. I cannot pass.”
Presumably the same magic kept the others out of the cave Bran was in until he was touched by the Knights King. There's other theories that it holds an ice dragon etc.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #3994
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
George RR must be quite frustrated right now. He seems like a surly old man who feels the need to best the show with crazy surprises, but due to the success of his work (and the internet), every fan theory has been stated, and since he told the show creators his planned end, he's racing to finish his story first. Where does he go from here?

At this rate, the books conclusion will feature something absurdly unpredictable like... I don't know... Tommen and Walder Frey activating the Titan of Braavos (like in Ghostbusters 2) and laying destruction on the night king.
...That would be the greatest ending of all time. Literature would be rendered obsolete because nothing old ever top it...uness there was a luck dragon too.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #3995
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

The funny thing is that if the city was indeed sitting on an entire stock of wildfire those damn kids would have blown it half to hell by now. The lannisters and her new hand must have it locked away in a vault until they feel like partying again.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #3996
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Raisin' Bran.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #3997
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think there's an ice dragon in it. Martin wrote a short story called "The Ice Dragon" once upon a time and it seemed to me to be the origin of where he created the White Walkers later.

For years I've really been hoping Bran turns bad, becomes the Great Other, and warg controls the Ice Dragon against Dany, Jon and Tyrion all riding the three dragons.
Theres something to that I believe. Though I am not sure he "turns bad" because it seems to me that the Starks and White Walkers/Nights King are more connected than we are led to believe. We are given tidbits of Bran the Builder is the creator of the wall, the Nights King is the 13th Lord Commander of the nights watch, though we dont know his name since its been erased. Theories are that it is a Stark or a Snow (popular bastard name and had the wildings/ ygritte spooked for some reason).

Something with the Starks history is off and I am not entirely sure they rebel against the Nights King eventual assault to the south.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:35 AM   #3998
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Shouldn't Jon and Sansa hook up? They would be perfect. He isn't blood related and she is quite hot. Do it!
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:38 AM   #3999
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Shouldn't Jon and Sansa hook up? They would be perfect. He isn't blood related and she is quite hot. Do it!
Jon's mom is Sansa's aunt.
Brohemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:46 AM   #4000
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Jon's mom is Sansa's aunt.
crap.

So what is better, aunt nephew action or cousins?
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote