The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #3676
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The odds of the Blackfish being dead are close to zero.
Yeah, I'm not buying that he is dead. He is too much of a badass to go out that way!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #3677
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I'm afraid that Stannis is the exception.
Trying to throw us off the pattern
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #3678
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I just don't see Lady Stoneheart happening. Besides, Beric had to die for her to be revived and he is still there
Yup, Beric showing up really surprised me.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #3679
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I think the rumor is that Aery's had some wild fire stockpiled around Kings Landing in the event he lost to Robert Baratheon. There could be some stockpiled under the sept.
Yup.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...-plot-wildfire
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:33 AM   #3680
broncolife
Nut Hugger Detector

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich

Quote:
Why do you think he's actually dead...?
The spoilers that said he was going to die and I don't think he would be hiding or taking another secret escape route.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #3681
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
You're underestimating the Hound.

Don't forget this has been foreshadowed since Book/Season 1:

oh i remember that. I'm not underestimating the Hound at all. I am just very very impressed with the new super improved version of the Mountain.

I think the Hound had a 50% of beating the Mountain in that scene. I think that is why the Mountain backed off.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #3682
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'll bet before Cersei CAN do that, Jaime kills her

It's a great tie in to him saving the day vs Aerys for the exact SAME reason and being disgraced for it

This time he can be disgraced again and his nickname will go from Kingslayer to Kinslayer

And it also fits the Maggie the Frog vylonqar prophesy that her little brother will kill her

It's a brilliant story arc
That would be intense. I'm in.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #3683
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Quote:
I'll bet before Cersei CAN do that, Jaime kills her

It's a great tie in to him saving the day vs Aerys for the exact SAME reason and being disgraced for it

This time he can be disgraced again and his nickname will go from Kingslayer to Kinslayer

And it also fits the Maggie the Frog vylonqar prophesy that her little brother will kill her

It's a brilliant story arc
Jeeeesus. I like that.

Grated, Jamie just suggested he would use children as catapult ammunition if it meant he would get home to his sister sooner, so killing her to save KL may not be high on his list. Then again, that attachment to her is what would make that scene and entire story arc so heavy.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #3684
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Spoiler alert on the end of Arya's storyline:

DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #3685
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

to me Jamie seems destined to be a member of the Night Watch due to exile.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #3686
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #3687
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, I'm not buying that he is dead. He is too much of a badass to go out that way!
*cough* Ser Barristan *cough*
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #3688
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

The battle of the bastard is supposedly the largest cast/event in GOT show ever

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture...-the-bastards/

Can not wait.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #3689
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Sunday is going to be epic TV. Game 7 of NBA finals, then Game of Thrones, battle of the bastards!
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:04 AM   #3690
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I have to say... that last episode was really bad. I've been thrilled with what they've done with this series so far, but that last episode was really terrible in ways that affect my enjoyment of this season. Arya taking a couple of knife stabs to the intestines, a fall in what is most assuredly a septic river, and then spending a single fevery night and then be off to pull Assassin's Creed moves over the streets of Bravos without so much as twisting an ankle or breaking a bone after taking multiple falls... or, you know... bleeding out and dying...

I just have so many problems with how the Arya story line is turning out. As Benioff and Weiss leave GRRM's road map, they are looking more and more like little kids playing in a big kid's sand box. They just don't know what to do to make all these parts work and advance the story. It's coming off very mechanical right now, and losing fidelity with the spirit of the books.

Arya is only one problem that I had with that episode... They did Black Fish stupidly. What is the point of the Black Fish if he's not going to do something bad ass like escape in the night? I get that they probably wanted to kill the character off, but send him out in a blaze of glory, not an off screen yell into a hallway. Here's a better ending: Black Fish lives up to his name and swims off into the forest, but Bronn had calculated this as a potential outcome and stationed himself with a small band. Black Fish draws his sword and charges, but before he can do any damage, the Black Fish takes a cross bow hit in the chest and succumbs to his fate.

Aside from that, I feel like they are sucking all of the intrigue and interest from the Varys character. Maybe it's intentional and there's a big reveal down the line that shows Varys true motives, but this season he's been a one dimensional good guy without any hint of hidden motive or gray area motives. He's just this boring nice guy who seems to just want nice things to happen to nice people.

The Hound's murderous rampage was more comical than brutal. They can't give Black Fish a proper exit, but they spend a whole scene on Clegane murdering idiots with no hope to stop him. And where is the impact of Priest Swearingen on Sandor Clegane's character? When handled by GRRM, these characters reverberate their experiences in what they do and say. In B&W's hands, they're all very monochromatic and ham handed.

And Tommen completely screwing over his Mom like this? It would have been nice if there was something, anything to explain why he'd suddenly turn on his flesh and blood mother after a couple of sunday school lessons with the creepy sparrow king.

Well, I'm on this train where ever it is going. This is the first time that I got a sense that the brakes might actually be out and no one is really in control. I hope this thing isn't about to run into the side of a mountain...
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:12 AM   #3691
retro
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I never got the feeling Arya was only out for one night. Maybe I missed that being fact. I got the impression is was longer then a night.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:20 AM   #3692
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I have to say... that last episode was really bad. I've been thrilled with what they've done with this series so far, but that last episode was really terrible in ways that affect my enjoyment of this season. Arya taking a couple of knife stabs to the intestines, a fall in what is most assuredly a septic river, and then spending a single fevery night and then be off to pull Assassin's Creed moves over the streets of Bravos without so much as twisting an ankle or breaking a bone after taking multiple falls... or, you know... bleeding out and dying...

I just have so many problems with how the Arya story line is turning out. As Benioff and Weiss leave GRRM's road map, they are looking more and more like little kids playing in a big kid's sand box. They just don't know what to do to make all these parts work and advance the story. It's coming off very mechanical right now, and losing fidelity with the spirit of the books.

Arya is only one problem that I had with that episode... They did Black Fish stupidly. What is the point of the Black Fish if he's not going to do something bad ass like escape in the night? I get that they probably wanted to kill the character off, but send him out in a blaze of glory, not an off screen yell into a hallway. Here's a better ending: Black Fish lives up to his name and swims off into the forest, but Bronn had calculated this as a potential outcome and stationed himself with a small band. Black Fish draws his sword and charges, but before he can do any damage, the Black Fish takes a cross bow hit in the chest and succumbs to his fate.

Aside from that, I feel like they are sucking all of the intrigue and interest from the Varys character. Maybe it's intentional and there's a big reveal down the line that shows Varys true motives, but this season he's been a one dimensional good guy without any hint of hidden motive or gray area motives. He's just this boring nice guy who seems to just want nice things to happen to nice people.

The Hound's murderous rampage was more comical than brutal. They can't give Black Fish a proper exit, but they spend a whole scene on Clegane murdering idiots with no hope to stop him. And where is the impact of Priest Swearingen on Sandor Clegane's character? When handled by GRRM, these characters reverberate their experiences in what they do and say. In B&W's hands, they're all very monochromatic and ham handed.

And Tommen completely screwing over his Mom like this? It would have been nice if there was something, anything to explain why he'd suddenly turn on his flesh and blood mother after a couple of sunday school lessons with the creepy sparrow king.

Well, I'm on this train where ever it is going. This is the first time that I got a sense that the brakes might actually be out and no one is really in control. I hope this thing isn't about to run into the side of a mountain...
Tommen believes his wife is fully invested in the high sparrow, and being a 16 year old kid and all, he dives in head first to take her side. She's ultimately playing all of them, but he doesn't know that.

Agree that Arya's Jason Bourne antics were a bit silly. The waif has kicked her ass time and time again, but then she blows out a candle and now can kill her in the dark. That storyline has gotten a bit silly, but no complaints outside of that. Love where the Hound's storyline is heading.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:06 AM   #3693
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Agreed TJ, but we're pot committed to seeing this through and my hope is the life they sucked out of the last show with wimpy endings is made up for by the battle of the bastards.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:31 AM   #3694
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
TJ, why in God's name do you think the Blackfish is actually dead?

You read the books, so you know in them he actually DID swim out of Riverrun, combine that with we didn't see him die on camera...
Yeah, but if that's the case... Don't you think that's just... bad? I mean, I get doing that with Clegane, but to pull it yet again with another character seems absurd and lazy to me. I don't want to hate on these guys - I've loved the show so far. But this episode... just not feeling it right now...

I hope Bastard Bowl is awesome and washes the bad taste out of my mouth.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #3695
BleedinBlue
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yeah, but if that's the case... Don't you think that's just... bad? I mean, I get doing that with Clegane, but to pull it yet again with another character seems absurd and lazy to me. I don't want to hate on these guys - I've loved the show so far. But this episode... just not feeling it right now...

I hope Bastard Bowl is awesome and washes the bad taste out of my mouth.
Agreed on all points. I love the show and this season has had some great moments, but I believe it is also the most flawed. The Dorne storyline was utterly pointless and killing Hotah off the way they did seemed lazy as well.

And the chance the Blackfish is still alive is .01%, despite what happened in the books. He charged up the stairs with a sword drawn immediately after declaring his uselessness to his niece. He has no army, he didn't take the waterway out like he did in the books, and he was willing to die on his hill based on principle alone. Keeping him alive serves no purpose at this point as he was never a big enough player in the show to have any fan attachment.
BleedinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #3696
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Reread that. Don't you think you're being a littttttle ridiculous?
I don't think so. I think if they do the "surprise, the guy you thought was dead is actually alive and here to move the plot" too much it ends up looking uncreative. In this season we've seen it with Jon Snow, Benjen Stark, Sandor Clegane, and now I'm being told that they might even do it with Black Fish. I'm half expecting Syrio Forel to jump out of the bushes at any second to give Arya directions to Westeros.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #3697
phisig150
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
to me Jamie seems destined to be a member of the Night Watch due to exile.
I'm getting the feeling that the show is laying the groundwork for Jamie to go rogue, take a group of soldiers with him and join the Snow/Stark forces.
phisig150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #3698
jutang
Ring of Famer

I was actually hoping for the fan theory of Fightclub Arya and that the Waif was Tyler Durden. Would have made more sense of the chase scene feeling like Terminator or Agent Smith, if Arya was losing herself to the many faced god.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #3699
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Benjen as the show's Coldhands really wasn't Martin's idea, since he has been adamant that Coldhands isn't Benjen.

But. . . I don't see why so many people are complaining. Most seems to come from the book readers (which I am), but I think the show has been awesome.

Last edited by Requiem; 06-18-2016 at 05:37 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #3700
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
All three were done by Martin, not the show people...

Syrio Forel would also be by Martin, and it's a popular theory that he was Jaqen all along.
Not sure about Benjen. Martin was pretty adamant that he was not Cold Hands and the show writers called that character Cold Hands in the show. So we don't know how far off of Martin's track they are going

Note to self: Type faster. You win Req
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote