The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #101
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
So far this morning I've heard Billick say it happens often, heard that it happens at Heinz Field. That is just this morning, it gets mentioned often throughout the season at many different venues. The problem is the NFL's system sucks and they need to devote some resources to fixing it.

I'm not seeing a problem with simply using cellphones bridged together. The NFL provides them, controls the bridge, bipbamboom problem solved.
That they get a RADIO broadcast or that they malfunction? I'm not buying that this is some big coincidence. But as said, i dont think it was the difference in the game or anything. I think its their way of saying FU.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #102
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

and there you go, this will not stop.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #103
Paladin
Ring of Famer

How loud and long will the boos be when the Cheatriots play in other stadiums? How many signs will there be in the crowd that will be shown on TV? Will the phones accidently go out on the Cheatriots when they visit , say, Ravens or Seahags? These and other hard hitting questions will just plague the h3ll out of the press. First, though, we have to unplug the Alphabet channel...........
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #104
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy

Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That they get a RADIO broadcast or that they malfunction? I'm not buying that this is some big coincidence. But as said, i dont think it was the difference in the game or anything. I think its their way of saying FU.
If an analog over the air radio system (like the NFL uses) is sharing the same frequency band as a local AM radio broadcast it's possible to get bleedover.

The NFL headsets need enough transmitter wattage to overpower competing frequencies. Like the AM radio station 850 KOA out of Denver. I've picked it up in a car in Illinois, Ohio, Nevada, Arizona, California, one can pick it up dang near anywhere in the USA.

Why? Because it has massive transmitter wattage and is broadcast from the high vantage point of a mountain in Colorado. It overpowers any local AM 850Khz radio signal in most of the USA.

The NFL uses crappy technology and they have to fix it.

I can understand somewhat that shoddy "power infrastructure" explanation by the NFL. I figure somebody disconnected the power to the NFL's tiny little AM transmitter, thereby allowing a competing AM frequency to bleed into the headsets.

You see what I'm saying - the NFL's technology sucks and has to be modernized. It's ridiculous these things happen in the year 2015. Good lord, there are many easy ways to make the system more reliable and secure instead of using ancient technology.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #105
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post

and there you go, this will not stop.
League is investigating anyways, there's a protocol afaik.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #106
NYBroncoManiac
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If an analog over the air radio system (like the NFL uses) ...
I suppose it's possible that the Coach-to-Coach radios use different technology than the Coach to Player radios, but this article says they've gone digital with encryption.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz3lSO7q7sb
NYBroncoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #107
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
If an analog over the air radio system (like the NFL uses) is sharing the same frequency band as a local AM radio broadcast it's possible to get bleedover.

The NFL headsets need enough transmitter wattage to overpower competing frequencies. Like the AM radio station 850 KOA out of Denver. I've picked it up in a car in Illinois, Ohio, Nevada, Arizona, California, one can pick it up dang near anywhere in the USA.

Why? Because it has massive transmitter wattage and is broadcast from the high vantage point of a mountain in Colorado. It overpowers any local AM 850Khz radio signal in most of the USA.

The NFL uses crappy technology and they have to fix it.

I can understand somewhat that shoddy "power infrastructure" explanation by the NFL. I figure somebody disconnected the power to the NFL's tiny little AM transmitter, thereby allowing a competing AM frequency to bleed into the headsets.

You see what I'm saying - the NFL's technology sucks and has to be modernized. It's ridiculous these things happen in the year 2015. Good lord, there are many easy ways to make the system more reliable and secure instead of using ancient technology.
The NFL system is not analog. It's fully digital as of a couple years ago when Bose paid in to supply the headsets. So no, it isn't possible, actually, to get an analog signal on what is supposedly a closed-digital signal.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #108
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
The NFL system is not analog. It's fully digital as of a couple years ago when Bose paid in to supply the headsets. So no, it isn't possible, actually, to get an analog signal on what is supposedly a closed-digital signal.
And only for one team...stupid air waves!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #109
Targaryen
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The only way to do something about `the cheating` by Patriot Reptilian Overlords, Belichick and Brady, which takes place entirely in your head, is for you to see a shrink.
Targaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #110
Luvva
The Orange MAINE Guy

I love everyone....except a-holes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Snowgoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
No surprised you didn't address the other situations. And Tomlin paid the penalty for his indiscretion. Unlike others.
Indiscretion....!

HaHa.....like Ben's "indiscretion" in the ladies room?

Yet some balls were found to be slightly underinflated, and tho no one can prove it was done by anyone other than Mother Nature, Brady and belichick should be drawn, quartered and suspended for life, if possible...?

Good grief....the comments keep getting more ridiculous.
Luvva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #111
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvva View Post
Indiscretion....!

Yet some balls were found to be slightly underinflated, and tho no one can prove it was done by anyone other than Mother Nature, Brady and belichick should be drawn, quartered and suspended for life, if possible...?

Good grief....my comments keep getting more ridiculous.
True.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #112
Targaryen
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Targaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #113
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...set-tampering/

At least five teams have suspected Patriots of headset tampering

I'm really starting to enjoy this. Outside of Chowdahtown, pretty much anytime things go wrong, the whole world says "Yeah...Cheaters gon' Cheat"

It's a pretty unique situation in the history of the NFL. Universal disdain.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #114
OOJack
Go Broncos!

Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Plummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targaryen View Post
Looks like you uploaded the incorrect avatar. I fixed it for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheaters.jpg (18.4 KB, 141 views)
OOJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #115
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targaryen View Post
The only way to do something about `the cheating` by Patriot Reptilian Overlords, Belichick and Brady, which takes place entirely in your head, is for you to see a shrink.
Have you ever seen one? Familiar with the term "projection" or "denial"
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #116
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Indiscretion....!

Good grief....the comments keep getting more ridiculous.
Ben should've gotten at least a year off.

But violations against game rules are a whole different animal from violations of personal conduct policy.

When on-field violations are proven to be willful and premeditated (as with Team Deflator) it needs to be addressed with real on-field consequences.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #117
Luvva
The Orange MAINE Guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Snowgoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

But violations against game rules are a whole different animal from violations of personal conduct policy.

When on-field violations are proven to be willful and premeditated (as with Team Deflator) it needs to be addressed with real on-field consequences.
So, for argument's sake, let's say Tom Brady knowingly used under-inflated balls in a game. You're saying that's a more egregious act than raping a young women...? And deserves a harsher suspension?

If so, would it be fair to surmise you'd be just fine with NE bringing Aaron Hernandez back if he wins his appeal?

Yes, you are correct in that violations of game rules "are a whole different animal" from violations of personal conduct policy. They are far, far less serious since in most cases, the violations of personal conduct policy involve felonious acts.

Now, if you can't see that and want to argue your point, please find someone who isn't repulsed by your moral and ethical standards to spar with.

Last edited by Luvva; 09-11-2015 at 01:45 PM..
Old 09-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #118
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
So, for argument's sake, let's say Tom Brady knowingly used under-inflated balls in a game. You're saying that's a more egregious act than raping a young women...? And deserves a harsher suspension?

If so, would it be fair to surmise you'd be just fine with NE bringing Aaron Hernandez back if he wins his appeal?

Yes, you are correct in that violations of game rules "are a whole different animal" from violations of personal conduct policy. They are far, far less serious since in most cases they involve felonious acts.

Now, if you can't see that and want to argue your point, please find someone who isn't repulsed by your moral standards and ethics to spar with.
Lol.

That wasn't remotely his argument.

Are you really this stupid? Or are you putting us on? I'm starting to think you're just some intricate performance art.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #119
Luvva
The Orange MAINE Guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Snowgoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Lol.

That wasn't remotely his argument.

Are you really this stupid? Or are you putting us on? I'm starting to think you're just some intricate performance art.
The hell it wasn't.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #120
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Anything short of them being Lance Armstrong'd, as in having all their titles nullified and Bill Belichick banned for life, is not enough for these ****ing scumbags.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #121
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy

Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBroncoManiac View Post
I suppose it's possible that the Coach-to-Coach radios use different technology than the Coach to Player radios, but this article says they've gone digital with encryption.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz3lSO7q7sb
OK, now I'm getting more info, thanks for the link. http://gsc.us.com/aboutgsc.html

Gubser & Schnakenberg supply the coach-to-player communication links. How the heck that happened from a company created in 2010, I don't know.

Coach-to-coach, coach-to-booth, who knows what the technology is. Obviously it sucks.

The NFL has to get this fixed, and fixed fast. Don't bray about integrity all the time when the coaches headsets can be easily scrambled.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #122
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm really starting to enjoy this. Outside of Chowdahtown, pretty much anytime things go wrong, the whole world says "Yeah...Cheaters gon' Cheat"

It's a pretty unique situation in the history of the NFL. Universal disdain.
Yeah. Like I said earlier, it's going to be a lot of [fun] if this keeps up and they continue winning.

Not the ideal solution, but I'll happily take it.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #123
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
The hell it wasn't.
He said they were different, dummy. Not that one was better or worse than the other.

Stupid:
"So, for argument's sake, let's say Tom Brady knowingly used under-inflated balls in a game. You're saying that's a more egregious act than raping a young women...? And deserves a harsher suspension?"

From the post YOU QUOTED:

You're creating an argument for him, then arguing against that argument. You're ****ing stupid.

Don't you worry, though. Your faux-outrage has been noted for the record.

Last edited by TheElusiveKyleOrton; 09-11-2015 at 02:04 PM..
Old 09-11-2015, 01:55 PM   #124
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I've been saying it for a long time NE is the NFL's team and they will get away with everything
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #125
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I've been saying it for a long time NE is the NFL's team and they will get away with everything
This is something most of us have long suspected. It kind of feels like Goodell going after Brady was just PR theatrics to make us think that's not the case. Them outright lying about the headset malfunctions and clearly show no interest in investigating the matter proves what's really going on as far as I'm concerned.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote