The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
TerrElway
Busy Free Basing Viagra
 
TerrElway's Avatar
 
The interweb is for nerds

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 1,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Justin Simmons
Default NBR: Cutting the cord - YouTube TV

I'm tired of paying nearly $200 a month for DirecTV. I have a couple of folks that have recommended YouTubeTV. Anyone here have any experience with it? How has it been?

I get most of the Broncos games on the local TV station here in Utah. I don't think YTTV has NFL Network but I literally NEVER watch it unless the Broncos are playing.

Right now, the big downside I can see is that there is no way for me to watch the Utah Jazz games without a subscription service. They are in a bad deal (for consumers) until 2021 where they can't/don't have streaming options to watch the Jazz.

Just wondering if any here have any experience with YTTV.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
stoxman
Ring of Famer
 
stoxman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Forsyth, IL
Posts: 1,314

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
I'm tired of paying nearly $200 a month for DirecTV. I have a couple of folks that have recommended YouTubeTV. Anyone here have any experience with it? How has it been?

I get most of the Broncos games on the local TV station here in Utah. I don't think YTTV has NFL Network but I literally NEVER watch it unless the Broncos are playing.

Right now, the big downside I can see is that there is no way for me to watch the Utah Jazz games without a subscription service. They are in a bad deal (for consumers) until 2021 where they can't/don't have streaming options to watch the Jazz.

Just wondering if any here have any experience with YTTV.
I'm in the same boat here in Central IL. Looking at Youtube TV and HULU LIVE as well as Sling TV. I have my popcorn ready awaiting the responses....TIA!
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
505bronco
Pro Bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

I have yttv. I get my local channels that also include Broncos game due to where I live. It's ok, nothing special.
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #4
69bronco
Ring of Famer
 
69bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 6,487
Default

Been using Hulu live, looks the same as YouTube as far as channels, works good.


With more and more people cutting cable the internet providers are going to cap monthly data and soon internet will be much more than you ever paid for cable. Just a guess.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
ShaneFalco
Infamous
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17,166
Default

Playstation Vue
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
Been using Hulu live, looks the same as YouTube as far as channels, works good.


With more and more people cutting cable the internet providers are going to cap monthly data and soon internet will be much more than you ever paid for cable. Just a guess.
Soon they'll have 5G breathing down their necks, so they can't get too carried away.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #7
Lost Soul
Lerker
 
Lost Soul's Avatar
 
ICU

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Topsail Island, NC
Posts: 207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
-------
Default

i think gears tv is some thing you should look into

Last edited by Lost Soul; 09-18-2018 at 04:01 PM..
Lost Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #8
Bronx33
We Stink
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 52,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
Playstation Vue
Elaborate...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #9
SoullessGinger
Pro Bowler
 
SoullessGinger's Avatar
 
I'm here for the gang bang

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: urmumshouse
Posts: 525
Default

I use YTTV, I like it a lot for the price, I got in before the price jump, still reasonable though. If you like watching college football it's nice, I got almost every game on Saturday. Since I live in CO, I get all the Bronco games and prime time games on it, I usually just stream nfl redzone from the reddit links when the Broncos aren't playing. I think there's an app/extension you can install to trick your browser/location to watch out of market games, but since I live in CO, don't need to worry about that. My buddy has a fire stick, he jail broke it and downloaded an app where he can watch basically any sporting event, sure you could google it.

Last edited by SoullessGinger; 09-18-2018 at 04:06 PM..
SoullessGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #10
Lost Soul
Lerker
 
Lost Soul's Avatar
 
ICU

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Topsail Island, NC
Posts: 207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
-------
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessGinger View Post
I use YTTV, I like it a lot for the price, I got in before the price jump, still reasonable though. If you like watching college football it's nice, I got almost every game on Saturday. Since I live in CO, I get all the Bronco games and prime time games on it, I usually just stream nfl redzone from the reddit links when the Broncos aren't playing. I think there's an app/extension you can install to trick your browser/location to watch out of market games, but since I live in CO, don't need to worry about that.
its called ip spoofing, and you'd need one of the many free ip's through basic free servers
Lost Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #11
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 40,138
Default

I have used Hulu Live, Sling and Playstation Vue. I like Vue the best and it will be my TV Provider moving forward.
Sling is good but they are not interested in adding many local channels.

Live is solid and I liked it but I wanted to see what Vue was like and so far it has been the best streaming platform. They are adding more and more local channels and the picture is so ****ing clear.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #12
ShaneFalco
Infamous
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Elaborate...

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #13
ShaneFalco
Infamous
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17,166
Default

Vue is the best thing ive found hands down for football as well. but need a good connection.

Sports pack, every nfl game, redzone, and most good channels for 50$ a month.

and Cloud DVR

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 09-18-2018 at 04:18 PM..
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #14
ShaneFalco
Infamous
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17,166
Default

plus Sony is actually a badass company.

From their tvs, to production in films, to their cameras, to their video game platform.

Their tv service is just as good.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #15
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
plus Sony is actually a badass company.

From their tvs, to production in films, to their cameras, to their video game platform.

Their tv service is just as good.
Sony's consumer electronics aren't what they used to be. I think their high-end TVs are mostly rebranded LG.

Microsoft screwed the pooch on the Xbox launch. Other than that, Sony's pretty much meh.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #16
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

I keep hoping that as competition eats Dish’s lunch they’ll work harder to keep me and keep discounting programming when I call. The pain in the ass is I have to call every two months or so and threaten to leave.

Still I generally get hbo, showtime and STARZ plus America’s 120+ for about 70 a month.

Not cheap but with the DVR and wireless Joey plus Reddit as necessary for Sports it’s easier than teaching my family how to use 3 or 4 different services.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #17
TerrElway
Busy Free Basing Viagra
 
TerrElway's Avatar
 
The interweb is for nerds

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 1,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Justin Simmons
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
Vue is the best thing ive found hands down for football as well. but need a good connection.

Sports pack, every nfl game, redzone, and most good channels for 50$ a month.

and Cloud DVR
Thatís all well and good but I donít own a PlayStation and have no intention of buying one.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #18
cougarrick
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 368

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I use vue with Amazon fire tv. With a VPN I trick it to think I'm in Denver. Broncos every sunday.
cougarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:24 PM   #19
DBruleU
Ring of Famer
 
DBruleU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North by Northwest
Posts: 4,017
Default

I've had YTTV for about a year now, and been very pleased wth it.

Use this link to compare.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/youtube...ews-24578.html
DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #20
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 40,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
Thatís all well and good but I donít own a PlayStation and have no intention of buying one.
Playstation Vue is the streaming service of Sony.
You can access it through Roku, Amazon Fire, Smart TV's, Apple TV and etc. It doesn't require you to have a Playstation.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #21
ShaneFalco
Infamous
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
Thatís all well and good but I donít own a PlayStation and have no intention of buying one.
you dont need a playstation
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #22
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
you dont need a playstation
Terrible naming on Sony's part.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 35,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sony's consumer electronics aren't what they used to be. I think their high-end TVs are mostly rebranded LG.
Yes, Sony does get their panels from LG Display (the picture processing tech is their own). But Sony has made a pretty big comeback. Their OLED tv's are rated just behind LG's, and their LED tv's are generally better than LG's.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #24
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

I miss plasma
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 18,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

You all keep cutting those cords. Hopefully it will lower my cable bill.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Denver Broncos