The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
tsmarine1
Solid Starter

Formerly,tsmarine5

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default ESPN Radio info

Listening to ESPN Radio tonight and they are saying there are rumors going around the NFL yesterday that the Bills are open to giving up both 1st rd picks and one of their 2nd rd picks to move up into the top 5.Added that Cards are getting even more desperate to move into the top 5.

So say we did a deal with the Bills....that would give us 4 of the top 55 players vs just two.
tsmarine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2018, 01:27 AM   #2
Carffather
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

I dont want to trade out. I want quality over quantity. We already have 6 of the first 109 picks
Carffather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:28 AM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmarine1 View Post
Listening to ESPN Radio tonight and they are saying there are rumors going around the NFL yesterday that the Bills are open to giving up both 1st rd picks and one of their 2nd rd picks to move up into the top 5.Added that Cards are getting even more desperate to move into the top 5.

So say we did a deal with the Bills....that would give us 4 of the top 55 players vs just two.
How many of those would we waste?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:31 AM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carffather View Post
I dont want to trade out. I want quality over quantity. We already have 6 of the first 109 picks
Yep. If we need to trade into the 20's, send a 3 with the #40 and move up. If some team wanted to move up a few spots and made a great offer that's different but dropping all the way down there doesn't interest me.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:13 AM   #5
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY

KELLY in 2018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!

Don't Worry...

John Elway is in total control.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:09 AM   #6
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

We need to trade up at least one spot. QBs going first 4 picks. Someone will trade for Cleveland’s #4 pick
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:02 AM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I would do it. The Broncos have needs in many places, especially offense and FA will not help much it seems. We do have many around here that want the Broncos to trade what few draft picks the Broncos have to take a QB, which likely would be either Allen or Mayfield at this point and neither is worth all of that. Then they'll call Elway a stupid drunk for not making such a stupid trade.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:07 AM   #8
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carffather View Post
Nelson would likely be the best player at five and we already have a faction saying that isn't a good pick because he is a guard, so quality unless it is a position we l don't like, so take a lesser player who plays a position we like better.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:14 AM   #9
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Yep. If we need to trade into the 20's, send a 3 with the #40 and move up. If some team wanted to move up a few spots and made a great offer that's different but dropping all the way down there doesn't interest me.
It would be from 6 to 12 and 22 and they may throw in a 2nd to boot. What people do,'t seem to get is this isn't just about this year. Next year could also use some big contracts go, namely DT. This is a deep draft in some position the Broncos happen to have personnel issues at.

I already see people complaining Elway is cheap and won't spend money, so you would rather see cheap retreads brought in?

Besides, Elway has not been very successful drafting QB's, so why do people want him to that again?
Old 03-19-2018, 05:54 AM   #10
srphoenix
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
We need to trade up at least one spot. QBs going first 4 picks. Someone will trade for Clevelandís #4 pick
Maybe if the Giants pick is traded, otherwise everyone knows Cleveland isn't going to take two qbs so the only reason to jump to 4 is if the broncos aren't willing to move at 5. I think it's more likely to see us move down from 5 than someone jump us to 4.

I also don't think we're taking a QB at this point unless something super wacky happens and the guy they like most slips beyond those top 3.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:01 AM   #11
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
Maybe if the Giants pick is traded, otherwise everyone knows Cleveland isn't going to take two qbs so the only reason to jump to 4 is if the broncos aren't willing to move at 5. I think it's more likely to see us move down from 5 than someone jump us to 4.

I also don't think we're taking a QB at this point unless something super wacky happens and the guy they like most slips beyond those top 3.
Exactly. I severely doubt a QB is in our plans unless "our guy" falls to us at 5. And if, in the very unlikely event, 4 QBs go ahead of us, we then have Barkley/Cubb fall into our laps which would be very hard to trade away from...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 AM   #12
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Whatever ensures that we don't take a QB at #5 . . . I will be for.

Draft Picks:

Round 1: 5th overall - Quenton Nelson, G - Notre Dame
Round 2: 24th overall - Ronald Jones, RB - USC
Round 3: 74th overall - Jamarco Jones, OT - Ohio State
Round 4: 109th overall - Jeff Holland, OLB/PRS - Auburn
Round 4: 128th overall - JC Jackson, CB - Maryland
Round 5: 161st overall - Tegray Scales, LB - Indiana
Round 5: 163rd overall - Jaleel Scott, WR - New Mexico State
Round 6: 182nd overall - Durham Smythe, TE - Notre Dame
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #13
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I believe Elway would only take a QB at 5 if Rosen is there. Maybe Darnold, but that's about it. But the Browns are likely taking Darnold and I just don't believe the Jets traded all of that to get Allen or Mayfield. Rosen is their target though they are taking a chance of him not being there.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Whatever ensures that we don't take a QB at #5 . . . I will be for.
I'm okay with a QB at 5 as long as his name isn't Mayfield. Or Allen. Or Jackson.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #15
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm okay with a QB at 5 as long as his name isn't Mayfield. Or Allen. Or Jackson.
So. . . Lauletta at 5?

Draft Picks:

Round 1: 5th overall - Quenton Nelson, G - Notre Dame
Round 2: 24th overall - Ronald Jones, RB - USC
Round 3: 74th overall - Jamarco Jones, OT - Ohio State
Round 4: 109th overall - Jeff Holland, OLB/PRS - Auburn
Round 4: 128th overall - JC Jackson, CB - Maryland
Round 5: 161st overall - Tegray Scales, LB - Indiana
Round 5: 163rd overall - Jaleel Scott, WR - New Mexico State
Round 6: 182nd overall - Durham Smythe, TE - Notre Dame
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #16
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Mark it down, we're taking Falk at 5.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #17
Carffather
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Nelson would likely be the best player at five and we already have a faction saying that isn't a good pick because he is a guard, so quality unless it is a position we l don't like, so take a lesser player who plays a position we like better.
Idk.. Chubb and Von is pretty tuff
Carffather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Depends what the board looks like.

Personally, if the top 4 are Rosen, Darnold, Barkley, Chubb... I'm listening to that trade offer.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Chubb is pretty awesome. Not sure why you're disparaging the most complete end in the draft!
Old 03-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Chubb is pretty awesome. Not sure why you're disparaging the most complete end in the draft!
Chubb may be gone, burn some even rank Nelson over him.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Chubb may be gone, burn some even rank Nelson over him.
"some" being the keyword there. And even those dudes would probably be hard pressed to draft a guard over the consensus best defender in the draft.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #22
OrangeWon
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

If we made this deal. I'd love to trade #12 and a 2nd to TB for #7. A QB or one of Chubb/Barkley/Nelson would be there still. Then we'd have another 1st and a 2nd.
OrangeWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #23
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeWon View Post
If we made this deal. I'd love to trade #12 and a 2nd to TB for #7. A QB or one of Chubb/Barkley/Nelson would be there still. Then we'd have another 1st and a 2nd.
TB just so happens to really need any one of those players. I had all 3 of those guys ranked really high in the mock draft going on right now and I missed out on all 3.
Hypotheticals are neato, but to go into a draft just assuming that a team will trade with you isn't a good idea.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #24
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Make that trade, then trade the #12 pick and a 3rd rounder to move up to 8 or 9 and get the guy you want
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #25
OrangeWon
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
TB just so happens to really need any one of those players. I had all 3 of those guys ranked really high in the mock draft going on right now and I missed out on all 3.
Hypotheticals are neato, but to go into a draft just assuming that a team will trade with you isn't a good idea.
I'm not assuming they would. It's a call I would make though. I wouldn't be afraid of them saying no.
OrangeWon is offline   Reply With Quote