The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #151
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc62 View Post
I'm good on Chubb at #5. Haven't seen him on TV much...is he more of a hybrid linebacker type like Miller/Ware or a big DE type like Reggie White?
To me he's your traditional 4-3 DE.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #152
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 17,101

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Not sure if there could be a more disappointing pick out of the top guys if they take Minkah.
This. What bama secondary player has excelled at next level?
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #153
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Let's say it goes.

Darnold
Rosen
Allen
Chubb

Where do you go if you're Denver?

I'd probably go Baker Mayfield here.
Id puke if the Broncos draft Mayfield over Barkley. With Keenum in house Im very skeptical about the Broncos taking a QB at 5.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #154
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 9,909

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor
Default

This team has too many holes to take a D player not at a position of need. That being said....it's not like I would be upset about it. Chubb is a good player. Certainly a top 10 worthy pick.

I'd rather trade back to #12/#22 and grab Vita Vea at #12 and grab Wynn/Williams/Hernandez...one of those 3 for OL at #22.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:15 AM   #155
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Id puke if the Broncos draft Mayfield over Barkley. With Keenum in house Im very skeptical about the Broncos taking a QB at 5.
The FO won't do that. Barkley is the next LT. You get him and pass on Keenum II
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #156
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I’m hoping the Broncos will gamble on Kelly, and not take a quarterback at five. Instead, the Broncos have a variety of ways they can go at five, draft a player like Nelson or Barkley, or trade back.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:17 AM   #157
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 32,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Id puke if the Broncos draft Mayfield over Barkley.
I'll puke if they take him at all at 5.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #158
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,662
Default

I’m telling you Elway has not given up on Lynch
Prepare your a?us
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #159
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
The FO won't do that. Barkley is the next LT. You get him and pass on Keenum II
My only concern is that, under the Denver Broncos tradition of drafting running backs, theres an ingrained idea that you can get a quality running back later in the draft. Hence, Gary Kubiak and John Elway will not take Barkley at five
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #160
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
"Come with me if you want to live."

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SkyNet
Posts: 8,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

1.) Browns 100% chance that they pick QB
2.) Giants 50% chance they pick QB, 25% the pick Barkley, 25% the trade back.
3.) Jets 100% chance they pick QB
4.) Browns 40% chance they pick Barkley, 60% chance they trade back with Bills which they will pick QB.
5.) So that leaves the Broncos only an ok chance to pick Barkley. But very good chance to pick Chudd. But if I had to pick at 5 with no trade partner to trade back I'd pick Minkah Fitzpatrick. Dude can play all 6 DB spots on the field.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #161
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
My only concern is that, under the Denver Broncos tradition of drafting running backs, theres an ingrained idea that you can get a quality running back later in the draft. Hence, Gary Kubiak and John Elway will not take Barkley at five
Then a visit to Dove Valley would be in order.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #162
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 5,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc62 View Post
I'm good on Chubb at #5. Haven't seen him on TV much...is he more of a hybrid linebacker type like Miller/Ware or a big DE type like Reggie White?
Reggie White
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #163
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 41,946

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Reggie White
People looking just at need really dont understand the value of having to elite pass rushers and its insane to me.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #164
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
"Push forward."

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 74,868
Default

Chubb would be the player who would bring the highest immediate impact to the team. You're talking "#1 defense in the NFL" kind of impact.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #165
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 41,946

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
This team has too many holes to take a D player not at a position of need. That being said....it's not like I would be upset about it. Chubb is a good player. Certainly a top 10 worthy pick.

I'd rather trade back to #12/#22 and grab Vita Vea at #12 and grab Wynn/Williams/Hernandez...one of those 3 for OL at #22.
If we have to compromise Id prefer this to Nelson at 5

Id still take Chubb though and be a terror to other QBs
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #166
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 41,946

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Chubb would be the player who would bring the highest immediate impact to the team. You're talking "#1 defense in the NFL" kind of impact.
Exactly! Screw need. Go get a stud
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #167
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
"Push forward."

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 74,868
Default

The only three players I want at #5 are Darnold, Nelson, Chubb. Other than that? Trade down.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #168
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 7,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
1.) Browns 100% chance that they pick QB
2.) Giants 50% chance they pick QB, 25% the pick Barkley, 25% the trade back.
3.) Jets 100% chance they pick QB
4.) Browns 40% chance they pick Barkley, 60% chance they trade back with Bills which they will pick QB.
5.) So that leaves the Broncos only an ok chance to pick Barkley. But very good chance to pick Chudd. But if I had to pick at 5 with no trade partner to trade back I'd pick Minkah Fitzpatrick. Dude can play all 6 DB spots on the field.
Kind of think the Jets probably called the Giants and the Giants turned them down because they want a qb. That's too nice a haul to pass on for anything else.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #169
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 18,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc62 View Post
I'm good on Chubb at #5. Haven't seen him on TV much...is he more of a hybrid linebacker type like Miller/Ware or a big DE type like Reggie White?
He's a prototype 4-3 DE, but you could fit that type of player into your defense.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:31 AM   #170
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Kind of think the Jets probably called the Giants and the Giants turned them down because they want a qb. That's too nice a haul to pass on for anything else.
I thought the same thing
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:31 AM   #171
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 18,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Id puke if the Broncos draft Mayfield over Barkley. With Keenum in house Im very skeptical about the Broncos taking a QB at 5.
Barkley is good but yall act like he's Barry Sanders. He's good, hes not THAT good.

And this draft is stupid deep at RB.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #172
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Kind of think the Jets probably called the Giants and the Giants turned them down because they want a qb. That's too nice a haul to pass on for anything else.
I think the Giants really want Barkley, hes the biggest immediate impact player to insure Manning has a chance for one last shot at the SB
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #173
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Exactly! Screw need. Go get a stud
I agree. I just don't know if he's there. Of the three, I have it,
CHUBB
BARKLEY
NELSON
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #174
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 5,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Chubb does three things for me. First with a switch to a 4-3, like the JDR 4-3 Over, gives us a glut of pass rush talent, but more importantly allows us to utilize DeMarcus Walker effectively.

Miller------Chubb-Pecko-Wolfe-Walker

-----------------------Davis------Marshall

Second, it frees up Denver to allow potential expensive contracts to walk, ie. Shane Ray. Lastly, as a guy who loves defense, looking at the front 7 gives me a serious Chubb.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #175
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Barkley is good but yall act like he's Barry Sanders. He's good, hes not THAT good.

And this draft is stupid deep at RB.
230lbs with the ability to change direction like Sanders and be as hard to tackle as Bo Jackson, and as fast as Jackson? Um, yah....
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Denver Broncos