The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #676
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Looks like Baker still may slide to 5 unless the Jets are bluffing or Arizona trades up to 4.
Arizona trading to 4 would be best case scenario because it could slide Barkley to 5..

Then we could grab a once in a generation RB.. Or trade our pick for a king's ransom to a team who will want to.
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #677
jklb234
Thread strter level xpert

Trevor Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
Arizona trading to 4 would be best case scenario because it could slide Barkley to 5..

Then we could grab a once in a generation RB.. Or trade our pick for a king's ransom to a team who will want to.
Why is he a once in a generation talent. When u compare his rushing stats to zekes ... zeke blows him away
jklb234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #678
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:

He's not a once in a generation talent, and Elway isnt taking him so it doesnt matter.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #679
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklb234 View Post
Why is he a once in a generation talent. When u compare his rushing stats to zekes ... zeke blows him away
Have you seen his film and measurables?!? The guy is awesome! I would rather Barkley over everyone else. Heís got power, speed, vision, catch ability, durability, and can block. What more could you want from a back.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #680
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

Once in a generation? Z

Everybody always says that and then the next year there are more great RB's. There is no such thing as a once in a generation RB anymore. I don't even know if there ever was. Seems to me there are always a small handful of great RB's that come into the NFL every year. I don't see the need to use the 5th overall pick on one, especially since the league is truly a passing league and we see a ton of RB by committee.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:16 PM   #681
jklb234

Trevor Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Have you seen his film and measurables?!? The guy is awesome! I would rather Barkley over everyone else. Heís got power, speed, vision, catch ability, durability, and can block. What more could you want from a back.
More 100 yard rushing games his final season at penn
Old 03-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #682
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
More 100 yard rushing games his final season at penn
He wasnít asked to carry the ball much. Like... 15 times a game? But also caught 50+ balls, returned kicks

What concerns me about him is he played in a really funny offense. The holes heíll be reading are diff.

Iím still on the Rosen/Chubb or trade down wagon

I wonít cry if itís Nelson, I just think itís a waste at 5
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:57 PM   #683
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Once in a generation? Z

Everybody always says that and then the next year there are more great RB's. There is no such thing as a once in a generation RB anymore. I don't even know if there ever was. Seems to me there are always a small handful of great RB's that come into the NFL every year. I don't see the need to use the 5th overall pick on one, especially since the league is truly a passing league and we see a ton of RB by committee.
Reggie Bush
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:12 PM   #684
jklb234

Trevor Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He wasnít asked to carry the ball much. Like... 15 times a game? But also caught 50+ balls, returned kicks

What concerns me about him is he played in a really funny offense. The holes heíll be reading are diff.

Iím still on the Rosen/Chubb or trade down wagon

I wonít cry if itís Nelson, I just think itís a waste at 5
I'd take a game changer in Chubb all day over a guard no matter how good. However they need to hit on 2 oline man in this draft
Old 03-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #685
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I'd take a game changer in Chubb all day over a guard no matter how good. However they need to hit on 2 oline man in this draft
I think most teams would.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:19 PM   #686
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think most teams would.
Then they'll b**** about not being able to handle the inside pressure.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:09 AM   #687
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Yeah...good luck with that. This team hasn't hit on two O-linemen TOTAL in the time Elway has been the GM, never mind in one draft. I'm excluding Bolles since he was a first rounder of course since that's not a real test

I'll tell you why this idea you have about "playmakers" is a false notion though:

Fans think defensive playmakers stopping drives with sacks or interceptions are "game changers", while the anonymous grunt toiling in the trenches that the TV cameras only focus on if he's called for a penalty are not, for two reasons;

1) You think the guy who finished the play is the playmaker, but it's not nearly that simple. You can't see the impact of most plays made by an offensive lineman because the focus is almost always on the ball. But it's not just the block that springs the back (the rare time they're noticed otherwise) that makes a lineman equally important, it' the block that holds a pass rusher in place or stands up the defensive player who never gets near the QB or the ball carrier. It's the guy who carried out his assignment which sprang another player, freeing him up to do something which in turn created another impact. Football's a systems game, and 90% of it is unseen by the fans. So the guy who gets the sack gets the glory, but meanwhile, a big, plodding NT occupied an extra blocker, and while he didn't get to the QB, he allowed someone else to. I say they are both playmakers, and therefore, "game changers".

2) Fans don't see or hear from O-linemen. They don't dance and prance, undulate like Michael Jackson after the play is over like the "playmakers" do. These guys aren't noticed, and they don't do TV interviews for the most part either, so we as fans think their role is less than a guy who we see making a play on the ball. That doesn't mean their impact is less, it's just less visible.

Do you think Dak Prescott would have stepped into the NFL and been successful as a rookie with Denver's line instead of the Cowboys line?

Hell no. Prescott went entire games where he was barely even touched playing behind that line. He made the plays, but it was the big uglies that made it possible. Unfortunately, the fans here don't understand this. Years of watching Elway run around and fire 60-yard bombs or run 2-minute drives and Manning picking apart a secondary or calling a smart play to fool a linebacker, have colored their perception that all you need to win is a great QB and a defense.

It begins in the trenches.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:35 AM   #688
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

I have to wonder if the Jets don't think they have enough at QB right now and moved up to take Chubb.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:51 AM   #689
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I have to wonder if the Jets don't think they have enough at QB right now and moved up to take Chubb.
By trading a huge haul like that? Not a chance. It's even possible Chubb falls to #6 anyway...or even #7...observe:

1) Cleveland: Barkley
2) NYG: Darnold
3) NYJ: Mayfield
4) Cleveland: Rosen
5) Denver: Allen or Nelson
6) Indy: Chubb

It would be crazy stupid to trade all that for a non-QB.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:20 AM   #690
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If the Broncos trade down, they could with the extra picks. This draft is not strong at tackle and the Broncos need another WR, RB, maybe TE. Not to mention they have to get another pass rushing OLB because Barnett will probably be gone next season and Ray may not be extended, deoending in his plsy. It would be easier with more picks to use than taking 4th and 5th rounders and hoping for starters.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:03 AM   #691
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:27 AM   #692
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Interesting:
Peter King's MMQB
Quote:
I’ll make one prediction: There’s a good chance the Colts aren’t done trading yet. After dealing from three to six, I could see them moving down one more time before the April 26 first round. GM Chris Ballard said as much to his team’s website Saturday, and I can add a confirmation to that. Ballard’s going to try.
Quote:
Ballard got a lot of “attaboy” calls/texts over the weekend, and rightly so. I had one GM tell me his team has about 70 players on its draft board rated as starter-quality, which strikes me as about right judging how teams have told me they’re judging this draft.
Quote:
STARTING PLAYERS IN THE 2018 NFL DRAFT INTERLUDE. Interesting question. Queried about how many starting-caliber players they felt were in this draft, six scouting people or GMs over the weekend came back with these figures: 35, “40 to 50,” “about 70,” 73, “75-ish,” 83 and 111. I asked because I wanted to figure out whether it made sense for the Colts to try to trade down one more time.

ASTERISK TO STARTING PLAYER INTERLUDE. One of those teams said if you considered “situational starters” like third corners or slot corners, slot receivers or slotback/receiver types like Christian McCaffrey, he’d add 32 players to his team’s total.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:31 AM   #693
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

MMQB Cont...
Quote:
MMQB: Looks like you have the ammo to move up in the draft again and get one of the quarterbacks. Will you trade again?

Beane: ďThe truth? Most of these quarterbacks Iíve only spent 15 minutes with. [At the combine, each team can meet with prospects for a maximum of 15 minutes per player.] I havenít spent enough time to have an opinion about any of them yet, honestly. I actually sent a little note to our [scouts] yesterday. We got six weeks to get our board together. I am not there yet, knowing if we can or will move up again. I want Sean to get to know all of them. Weíre just keeping an open mind. Where weíre at, weíve got the picks, we've got the draft capital. Iím not ready to pull the trigger.Ē
Old 03-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #694
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Interesting:
Peter King's MMQB
Which is why I favor the Broncos trading down. It is a deep draft, so take advantage of it.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #695
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Have you watched him? He reminds me of Bo Jackson. Heís 5í11Ē, 230 and he ran 4.4 at the combine and has clocked 4.33. He has moves, sudden acceleration, and great vision, is built like a tank and he can catch and block. Stats donít show that Elliot blew him away either. He did average about a yard more per carry behind a superior line but Barkley has twice his receiving yardage and more TDís in fewer touches. Elliot is also a flake, which might not matter but who really knows?
Old 03-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #696
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Interesting:
Peter King's MMQB
I've been tellin ya. This is a deep draft. Don't trade up, trade down and re-tool on the run. Let someone else lose all their picks and be stuck with nothing to show for it.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #697
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
And yet the Jets just traded up. Hmm...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #698
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

The Jets are taking a QB, the Bills GM is just playing stupid because he knows their screwed.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #699
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Old 03-19-2018, 08:15 AM   #700
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott