The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #51
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
What are you even talking about? As far as I know, you invented this out of whole cloth.
Yeah I totally made up that Tucker Carlson is greatly bothered by the increase of brown skinned people in this country...

Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #52
TonyR
Franchise Poster

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:28 AM   #53
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yeah I totally made up that Tucker Carlson is greatly bothered by the increase of brown skinned people in this country...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooww. Wow.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:36 AM   #54
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

He’s one of the biggest defenders out there of anti-abortion protesters. I wonder if he supported the protesting at doctor’s homes by these groups? He’s had many of the leaders in his show. I bet if we do some digging we will find out he’s either offered approval of this tactic or other similar ones including these activists publishing the home addresses of doctors. At the very least I’d bet on the idea that he’s offered support and advocacy for those who support this.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #55
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

Guys. Tucker isn’t a white nationalist.

He just believes the nation should be white.

Very different.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:52 AM   #56
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Regardless, a propaganda coup for Cheetolini and his neofascist fans.

And cover for formerly-sane conservatives like Beav. And justification for the never-sane TJ.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #57
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Old 11-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #58
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Very well stated.

Quote:
I recently posted an article about protesters showing up on Tucker Carlson's doorstep to confront him. I offered my opinion that people like Carlson who are enabling Trump and coddling white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and every other flavor of right-wing extremist should not be afforded the luxury of living in peace and quiet while their actions subject countless others to intimidation, assault, and frequently murder.

A reader responded that they felt that confronting Carlson and his ilk in public was fine but that showing up on his doorstep was going too far.

Please understand...I respect every rational opinion that is presented in a civil manner, whether I agree with that opinion or not. I value every one of my readers and I WANT them to comment, even if that comment does not agree with me. I especially value those opinions because they force me to think and to re-evaluate my position to determine if it is legitimate. And I occasionally am compelled to change my position. I relish those encounters as I always want to grow.

Having said all that, I still hold to my original argument concerning Carlson and the protesters that showed up at his home. Here is my response to that reader:

"I sincerely respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. It's Carlson and the people like him who are directly responsible for motivating deranged individuals like the MAGA bomber and the temple massacre gunman.

Their unwavering willingness to blatantly lie, manufacture unfounded and fact-free conspiracy theories are what led to these atrocities. Why should Carlson's family be safe and secure when the victims of his crimes suffer?

The families of those murdered in the Pittsburgh temple? Shouldn't they have been safe as they worshiped? The victims who received bombs at their homes and places of employment...shouldn't they enjoy the right to be safe in their surroundings? I feel for Carlson's family, I genuinely do. But his wife CHOOSES to live with a man who has CHOSEN to make a career out of enabling this kind of criminal, domestic terrorist bull****.

In my opinion, they are where they are as the result of choices they have made. No one is forcing her to stay with him and endanger herself and her children. The one thing that you must keep in mind...until these extremist maggots experience what they are subjecting others to, they will never stop. Until the consequences of their choices and actions outweigh the benefits they derive, they will never stop. And more people will die, more people's lives will be shattered, more people will forever grieve.

Carlson endorses the NRA as more children and innocent people are slaughtered. Carlson pushes conspiracies that enrage individuals who are already mentally unbalanced. Carlson supports a man who actively promotes hatred and encourages his base to attack others. No risk to Carlson, so the actions continue to escalate and more people die. They have to be made to feel the pain that they inflict on others. The price has to be higher than the benefits. I am NOT advocating violence. Far from it. And the reality is that neither Carlson nor his family was ever at serious risk. Someone showing up on his doorstep and screaming epithets while someone else spray paints graffiti on his driveway is a bit different from someone putting bullets into praying Jews. But if it forces Carlson to confront the reality that he is helping to create, I say go for it."

You can click on the link below if you missed the original post.
https://www.msn.com//protesters-descend-on-hom/ar-BBPtkqt
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #59
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I hate the guy but to say he committed a crime is inaccurate. To say he helped create an environment for them to be committed is accurate. And just as those who were unwitting recipients of his rhetoric he has become one as well. He just has a bigger megaphone to make noise about it.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #60
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

The dude got let go from CNN and found his $$$$$ in pushing lies on Fox. That's for sure.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #61
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The dude got let go from CNN and found his $$$$$ in pushing lies on Fox. That's for sure.
The problem he faces doing what he does, like Limbaugh, Alex Jones and the rest of them, is that to stay relevant you have to keep getting more outrageous and continually take it up a notch.

Eventually you end up in kook territory and your audience comes with you.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #62
Paladin
Ring of Famer

There's gold in them thar lies.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote