The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2018, 06:13 AM   #26
Bronx33
We Stink

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

https://peterboyles.podbean.com/e/lo...c-4-2018-hr-4/

Listen to this podcast from the Peter boyles show he has a guest on there that went to the shooting gallery in Vancouver you will never see or hear this information on 9 news or the post which both fully support anything our moronic council people do.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #27
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2017060211826

People who use heroin are now at significant risk for overdose death, mainly because the opioid content can vary considerably from dose to dose. Previously, a little too much could have caused a decrease in respiratory rate and a high dose could lead to overdose. Now, with the variability of potency from the synthetic opioids, the strength of each dose can be markedly different. Furthermore, the uptake of fentanyl in the brain is so rapid that a fatal overdose can occur much more quickly than with heroin alone.

If we, as a society, are truly serious about saving lives, we have no choice but to allow people who use injectable opioids to do so in safe, monitored locations without fear of negative repercussions (e.g., being arrested). If you had asked me about this several years ago, I never would have believed that I could write the preceding sentence. I would have said, “Why empower junkies to abuse illegal drugs? Why make it easier on them instead of harder? Why should society condone this activity?”

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...tes-save-lives

I asked my brother who lives in Seattle about safe injection sites, he says most people in the city support them as they are saving lives. Some of those who go to safe injection sites are more likely to seek help to quit. It keeps people from doing drugs on the street. The benefits are numerous.
OleNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #28
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
We've got to figure out a way to monetize and privatize this problem so that the magic of the free market can solve it for us.
Sadly, it's called throwing them in jail.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #29
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleNumber7 View Post
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2017060211826

People who use heroin are now at significant risk for overdose death, mainly because the opioid content can vary considerably from dose to dose. Previously, a little too much could have caused a decrease in respiratory rate and a high dose could lead to overdose. Now, with the variability of potency from the synthetic opioids, the strength of each dose can be markedly different. Furthermore, the uptake of fentanyl in the brain is so rapid that a fatal overdose can occur much more quickly than with heroin alone.

If we, as a society, are truly serious about saving lives, we have no choice but to allow people who use injectable opioids to do so in safe, monitored locations without fear of negative repercussions (e.g., being arrested). If you had asked me about this several years ago, I never would have believed that I could write the preceding sentence. I would have said, “Why empower junkies to abuse illegal drugs? Why make it easier on them instead of harder? Why should society condone this activity?”

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...tes-save-lives

I asked my brother who lives in Seattle about safe injection sites, he says most people in the city support them as they are saving lives. Some of those who go to safe injection sites are more likely to seek help to quit. It keeps people from doing drugs on the street. The benefits are numerous.
I watched a show where the dealer intentionally cuts the product with stronger fentanyl ensuring an overdose. Word then gets on the street about how strong their product is...makes it sell even better and in more demand. It's very difficult to save this kind of mindset.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:09 AM   #30
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Anything is better than people turning to meth. I've heard about 2 mid thirties fathers becoming hooked on it... Who the F tries meth for the first time in their 30's

This stuff needs to carry a death sentence for dealers.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:16 AM   #31
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
Jail isn't the answer. They need a place that is set up to get them off these drugs, not encourage them stay on them. Get it out of their system through some form of detox, then slowly rehabilitate them. Then help them get back out and become a useful member of society. I know you can't help them all, but some is better than none. Problem is, this probably would cost way too much to justify it. Why spend 10 million a year(guessing) to help clean them up for good, when you can spend 2-4 million a year to encourage them to keep using by giving them a nice place to get high, in hopes that they might seek help.

I'm all for trying to help people get off the drugs for good. I just don't think these types of places will do just that.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #32
Chicago_Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleNumber7 View Post
It's a tough question. The first thoughts I had were, "Why be so concerned about saving the lives of people who don't care about their lives? Are you really saving their lives in the long run? They may not OD because they have the safety net at safe injection site, but they are killing themselves injecting that crap into their bodies anyway."

But then I thought people can't recover if they're dead.

If this leads to an increased number of people getting help and eventually off this crap, then I think I can support the idea. If not, then I'm not sure it's worth it.
Chicago_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:00 AM   #33
Bronx33
We Stink

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Soooooo a bar that serves alcoholics alcohol in a safe setting are saving alcoholics and putting them on the road to recovery.....
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #34
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Jail isn't the answer. They need a place that is set up to get them off these drugs, not encourage them stay on them. Get it out of their system through some form of detox, then slowly rehabilitate them. Then help them get back out and become a useful member of society. I know you can't help them all, but some is better than none. Problem is, this probably would cost way too much to justify it. Why spend 10 million a year(guessing) to help clean them up for good, when you can spend 2-4 million a year to encourage them to keep using by giving them a nice place to get high, in hopes that they might seek help.

I'm all for trying to help people get off the drugs for good. I just don't think these types of places will do just that.
It costs more to jail them. We'd save money if we were interested in helping them.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:23 AM   #35
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Bronco View Post
It's a tough question. The first thoughts I had were, "Why be so concerned about saving the lives of people who don't care about their lives? Are you really saving their lives in the long run? They may not OD because they have the safety net at safe injection site, but they are killing themselves injecting that crap into their bodies anyway."

But then I thought people can't recover if they're dead.

If this leads to an increased number of people getting help and eventually off this crap, then I think I can support the idea. If not, then I'm not sure it's worth it.
People want to get high and feel good when society makes them feel like crap. We could all be experiencing bliss if not for all the laws governing feeling good.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #36
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Soooooo a bar that serves alcoholics alcohol in a safe setting are saving alcoholics and putting them on the road to recovery.....
Is the alcohol free? If so I think I’m going there more than the place that charges 7 bucks a pint!
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #37
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Is the alcohol free? If so I think I’m going there more than the place that charges 7 bucks a pint!
In this scenario, they don't provide the alcohol, just a clean glass and a safe place to drink. You have to bring your own booze.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #38
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
This is Denver where theses MoFo’s think they own the road.

Attachment 41475
I ride to vary the exercise routine so I get the “share the road with cyclists” thing but some of these guys are real a-holes and make zero accommodations for a car and a driver trying to get to work or anywhere else. They ride in the middle of the road looking over their shoulder at you every 5 seconds like you are the one being a dick.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:08 AM   #39
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I ride to vary the exercise routine so I get the “share the road with cyclists” thing but some of these guys are real a-holes and make zero accommodations for a car and a driver trying to get to work or anywhere else. They ride in the middle of the road looking over their shoulder at you every 5 seconds like you are the one being a dick.
This is why I advocate a law where you get to hit one person with your car a year with no penalty. (as long as it doesn't result in death)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #40
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.10-307 View Post
I loved Colorado 20 years ago. Now, not so much. Text book California invasion.
It was the Texas invasion that ruined it for me.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #41
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
As long as that jail is privatized.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #42
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
It was the Texas invasion that ruined it for me.
Ill have to post some pictures...but it gave me a certain satisfaction to drive over Hoosier Pass in a white out.a couple weeks ago, and every car I saw in the ditch had Texas license plates on it.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #43
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Don't understand why weed isn't enough for these people. And with the rise of p*ssysticks (vape pens) you can get high anywhere and hide it in plain site.

Just give these suicidal scumbags a hot dose at the injection sites and be done with them.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #44
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Don't understand why weed isn't enough for these people. And with the rise of p*ssysticks (vape pens) you can get high anywhere and hide it in plain site.

Just give these suicidal scumbags a hot dose at the injection sites and be done with them.
You seem like a completely rational and sane human being.