The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #26
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

one positive note - it was great to see Jewell covering on a pass play -- not sure if it was a TE or a RB out of the backfield -- but he handled it very well. Kid's going to be very good.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #27
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Your just butthurt and looking for a scapegoat.
His name is Case Keenum.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #28
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I'm not about to dump all the blame on Musgrave, but I do find it interesting that he's never really caught heat for the problems that the Broncos have had. Every other coach has.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #29
Broncos786
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i found the play calling very predictable- if freeman or lindsey then run, if booker then pass or in case he run then we all know it's not gonna be 1 yard gain lol
Broncos786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #30
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos786 View Post
i found the play calling very predictable- if freeman or lindsey then run, if booker then pass or in case he run then we all know it's not gonna be 1 yard gain lol
That's life when your QB is a back up.
Handcuffs the O coordinator.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #31
Powderaddict
Saw Lady Gaga

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos786 View Post
Freeman and Lindsay were in on plenty of pass plays. Freeman made some decent blocks.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #32
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I'm not about to dump all the blame on Musgrave, but I do find it interesting that he's never really caught heat for the problems that the Broncos have had. Every other coach has.
Yeah, why is that?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #33
itswutz4dinna
Siemster's Union Member

Catch the ball, Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Baltimore has been the best D in the league by the numbers so far this year. Both defenses played great, allowing 4.9 and 4.8 yards. These are two good teams.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #34
itswutz4dinna
Siemster's Union Member

Catch the ball, Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
one positive note - it was great to see Jewell covering on a pass play -- not sure if it was a TE or a RB out of the backfield -- but he handled it very well. Kid's going to be very good.
I actually thought that could have been PI. Probably the one call that went Denver's way.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #35
uplink
Ring of Famer

Musgrave was running it to use clock and preserve the 13 point loss.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #36
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Itís hard to blame Musgrave for Lindsay being ejected from the game. Iím certain much of the game plan relied on Lindsay being out there.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:42 PM   #37
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Itís hard to blame Musgrave for Lindsay being ejected from the game. Iím certain much of the game plan relied on Lindsay being out there.
True.

Why hasn't there been any criticism of Lindsay for getting tossed then? If there has, I missed it, but that was a pretty big factor in the game
Old 09-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #38
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Return to the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Subtly pulling the race card here, I see...GTFO.

Musgrave has caught plenty of heat on here today. And people don't hate on Woods and Radio because they are black. It's because they suck at coaching football at the professional level.

Last edited by Bronc0guy; 09-23-2018 at 06:56 PM..
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #39
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post

Musgrave has caught plenty of heat on here today. And people don't hate on Woods and Radio because they are black. It's because they suck at coaching football at the professional level.
You should delete this, itís embarrassingly stupid
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #40
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I’m not sure what to think of Musgrave. I suspect if Carr was the Broncos QB the offense would be much better...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #41
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Return to the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
You should delete this, itís embarrassingly stupid
No, because that's exactly what he was getting at.

Footsteps as well with his response. Anyone with a brain can read between the lines on that.

For the record, Jason is a pretty good poster and everyone knows footsteps is a retard.

Last edited by Bronc0guy; 09-23-2018 at 08:07 PM..
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:02 PM   #42
19Morton77
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Itís 2nd and 3rd and 1. Time huge factor. Right at the goal line.

Running plays donít work? Time still runs.

Passing play doesnít work time stops.

That moment isnít the time to try and manage the game passively.
If you don't agree with this line of logic, you shouldn't be watching football. We had 3 chances to throw it in the endzone or short pass that gets us out of bounds with the first down. Not only did we stupidly do it once, we doubled down and did it again! It wasn't like we only needed one score, we needed to score fast with our 2 timeouts left , play good D and then march down the field to get another touchdown...all in a short time frame. Musgrave blew it and Joseph allowing it was also him being at fault. That was very Mike Martz time management.
19Morton77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #43
razorwire77
Great week of practice!!!

Leader of Men

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

You know I dumped a lot of blame on Musgrave in the game thread, but I forced myself to rewatch it and the reality is that Keenum sucks and Bill doesn't trust him. Most of the issues on offense today simply came down to Case Keenum not making reads, holding the ball too long and drifting out of the pocket when he didn't have to.
razorwire77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #44
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I never realized when we hired black coaches we were going to be faced with GDT coaching insult quotas.

You live, you learn I guess.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #45
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
This. Mustgrave is simply dealing with a back up QB who he can't trust to make the throws. It's just a simple "case" of a o coordinator who doesn't trust his QB.
Come on, running down two scores inside 4 minutes and inside the 10.... Just idiotic.

If you can't trust your QB in that situation, you can't win the game.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
You know I dumped a lot of blame on Musgrave in the game thread, but I forced myself to rewatch it and the reality is that Keenum sucks and Bill doesn't trust him. Most of the issues on offense today simply came down to Case Keenum not making reads, holding the ball too long and drifting out of the pocket when he didn't have to.
I also think he canít throw a wet ball. He didnít look downfield much
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:48 PM   #47
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:

You know this...how?
Old 09-23-2018, 11:53 PM   #48
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
No, because that's exactly what he was getting at.

Footsteps as well with his response. Anyone with a brain can read between the lines on that.

For the record, Jason is a pretty good poster and everyone knows footsteps is a retard.
Yeah?

This board has hundreds of posts talking about football unrelated criticisms of these guys, everything to constant assaults on their supposed IQ's to the cardinal sin of struggling with a headset.

I suggest you're the retard if you think zero percentage of this audience doesn't care about the race of these two coaches.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:38 AM   #49
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I feel like Woods and VJ have caught way more **** than Musgrave. And it's not because they are black it's because the team and the defense sucks. McCoy caught a ton and was fired.

There are probably some people who want VJ to do well because he's black just like there's some who think he sucks because he's black. But those are in the minority. The reality is most people don't give a **** about race. They're too focused on their own lives and struggles to waste time hating on someone because of their skin. The majority of Bronco fans want VJ to do well because they want the team to not suck. And most don't care for him because the team looks blah and has looked blah since last year.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:05 AM   #50
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I feel like Woods and VJ have caught way more **** than Musgrave. And it's not because they are black it's because the team and the defense sucks. McCoy caught a ton and was fired.

There are probably some people who want VJ to do well because he's black just like there's some who think he sucks because he's black. But those are in the minority. The reality is most people don't give a **** about race. They're too focused on their own lives and struggles to waste time hating on someone because of their skin. The majority of Bronco fans want VJ to do well because they want the team to not suck. And most don't care for him because the team looks blah and has looked blah since last year.
VJ and Woods getting lumped together in the critique of the team is something done in here routinely, while Musgrave is rarely mentioned in that analysis despite less than stellar results so far. Lost in this, is also the fact that Woods coached the No Fly Zone to back-to-back performances as the top pass defense in the league, followed up by a pretty good overall defense last year in his first season as a DC despite getting almost no help from the offensive side of the ball. He also had a fairly strong track record before he came here. Mike Tomlin and Wade Phillips...two guys who know a thing or two...brought him on board. All this makes the idea that he's an imbecile pretty far-fetched. Talib commented on how he coached in place of Wade...and this made for some good water cooler discussion but this is a good commentary on the reasons for their different styles:

https://milehighsports.com/aqib-tali...s-illustrated/

Expecting Woods, who has been coaching in the NFL about 30 years less than Wade Phillips, to be as good as him, is a bit unrealistic, to say the least. The writer makes a good point here.

This developing consensus opinion that ignores Woods' work the last three seasons here in favor of weighting the discussion on the last 3 games and draws the conclusion that he sucks is pretty stupid, no matter what the motivation for arriving at that idea, ergo...the suspicion that something else might be in play at times. Woods is working with a different set of players than he had before, an obvious yet rarely mentioned factor in the style of play he's adopted. Fans, of course, would like to see what they think works, and most probably think they know more than the coaches do about whether the talent fits the scheme or not.

Denver is another year from having the right talent mix on defense IMO, and Woods should be here to see what he does by then.