The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #126
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Two questions, Zev: How old are you? Do you have a mullet?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #127
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Two questions, Zev: How old are you? Do you have a mullet?
I am 41. No. I do not have a mullet. I laugh at the "Camarrowheads" as much as you all probably do.
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:31 AM   #128
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
I am 41. No. I do not have a mullet. I laugh at the "Camarrowheads" as much as you all probably do.
Good luck this season, Zev. Find something better to do on a Saturday night.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:35 AM   #129
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.

Your turn to suffer Denver. (and in the back of your mind, you know I'm right)
Like 40+ years lol. Damn that franchise is pathetic. Only thing that separates them from the Chargers is one game in 1970. The Chiefs had two 22 year stretches without a playoff win. It must be horrible rooting for them.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #130
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
So you have never seen them as legitimate Super Bowl contenders. You should have jumped ship a long time ago.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:46 AM   #131
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Yes...I am sticking with my "Generational Talent" label. In my judgement that is what I see. great arm...can throw anywhere on the field, from anywhere on the field....keeps his eyes scanning the field very well..doesn't lock in on targets..moves LB's and safetys with his eyes. Reid says he is great on the whiteboard. Throws into tight spaces...can throw guys open. Also can float and touch a pass when the situation calls for it. ...I mean... I can go on and on...and it will read like a positive scouting report. At some point you must have thought of Elway as a generational talent. There would have been an event or series of events that led you to that conclusion. The Baltimore Colts came to that conclusion on draft day...and the Broncos must have thought that's who he was when they traded for him....I'm sure some fans took more time than that to draw that conclusion...needing to see something out of him for a period of time first. I'm not sure what you want me to tell you? I can't point to a boxscore and say look at these stats..they say "generational talent". The kids has the "it" factor. He makes all kinds of ACCURATE throws both by design and can still throw to all sectors of the field if the play breaks down...and as a last resort...he can run. He will win in the pocket most of time, and run if he has too..not because he made one read and takes off....makes quick reads through his progressions...and will find the right target.......I have not good answer for you...I can see "it".
I'm not overly impressed by pseudo scouting reports from random fans with a clear bias for their own team's player. I look at NFL scouting reports for valid information, and I withhold praise for those too unless I see an obvious consensus of opinion.

I can tell you're basically unfamiliar with Elway when he came out of Stanford. He was the definition of a REAL generational talent, which is why he was the consensus #1 pick on every team's board, and no, Bronco fans did not need to see him do anything first, we already knew what he was before he took a single snap. Elway came out as a guy considered a sure-fire future All-Pro, perhaps the best QB prospect to ever enter the NFL. Nobody had to figure out how to make that generational talent claim like you're doing with Mahomes, whose game is unproven at this point, and a few complimentary and conciliatory comments from Bronco defenders following a meaningless loss is precious little to hang your hat on. The fact is, Air Raid QB's have a very spotty record in the NFL...and a single start against a bunch of Bronco bench scrubs tell me very little. His skill set is similar to Mayfield's as was his college system. Keenum came from the same system, and it took him 6 years to break out.

It's bizarre that after almost 50 years of ****ty teams and almost zero playoff success, you're showing up ANYWHERE to troll other team's fans, especially on the strength of projecting QB greatness for a guy who's a complete question mark at this point. The fact that you're spouting this idiocy about a "golden age" of Chief's football and projecting 15 years of failure on the team that's had far more success than you have because we happened to sign Case Keenum...another Air Raid QB ironically...is pretty silly.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #132
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'm not overly impressed by pseudo scouting reports from random fans with a clear bias for their own team's player. I look at NFL scouting reports for valid information, and I withhold praise for those too unless I see an obvious consensus of opinion.

I can tell you're basically unfamiliar with Elway when he came out of Stanford. He was the definition of a REAL generational talent, which is why he was the consensus #1 pick on every team's board, and no, Bronco fans did not need to see him do anything first, we already knew what he was before he took a single snap. Elway came out as a guy considered a sure-fire future All-Pro, perhaps the best QB prospect to ever enter the NFL. Nobody had to figure out how to make that generational talent claim like you're doing with Mahomes, whose game is unproven at this point, and a few complimentary and conciliatory comments from Bronco defenders following a meaningless loss is precious little to hang your hat on. The fact is, Air Raid QB's have a very spotty record in the NFL...and a single start against a bunch of Bronco bench scrubs tell me very little. His skill set is similar to Mayfield's as was his college system. Keenum came from the same system, and it took him 6 years to break out.

It's bizarre that after almost 50 years of ****ty teams and almost zero playoff success, you're showing up ANYWHERE to troll other team's fans, especially on the strength of projecting QB greatness for a guy who's a complete question mark at this point. The fact that you're spouting this idiocy about a "golden age" of Chief's football and projecting 15 years of failure on the team that's had far more success than you have because we happened to sign Case Keenum...another Air Raid QB ironically...is pretty silly.
What do you think Mahomes will do since you are enlightened having watched the great John Elway all these years....how about Keenum?
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:58 AM   #133
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Maholmes will be a rookie making rookie mistakes. But no one will know his tendencies. Second year is more the proof. You don't even have otas yet. So....

Contenders for the AFC West will most likely be LA and Denver. Chubb and Von, & bosa and K Mack are gonna destroy maholmes.

KFC might shine this year. Then everyone will learn with game tape and maybe Maholmes suffers the slump in year two? Who knows?

I think Denver got stronger and KFC got a big ?
We'll see. Now, I say take Kaylore's advice and get something better to do than troll the mane. But then again if you are here you ain't breeding with your cousin, so.... Troll away I suppose...
Old Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:57 AM   #134
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Eh....Welcome to the world of depending on one player to be the difference on your team. For all the fun times we had watching the majority of Elway's career, it wasn't until time was spent on getting him a complete team did we finally see him as a Champion. KC now has a 4 year window to get their defense up to par again, and that is assuming Mahommes is good at all. If it doesn't happen, you'll be forced to pay 150 million to keep the QB and never be able to support him well enough to have a complete team.

The league is evolving again. Teams can't afford both top level QB's and the players needed to support them. Soon you'll see that teams will just invest in knocking the opposing QB's out.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:07 AM   #135
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
Kcsheepstud get a new account?
Too much correct English and grammar usage.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #136
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpCall View Post
As a Chiefs fan I have to admit, that's hard to argue. The Chiefs always find a way to break our hearts, even if it's their standing in the league that results in being f'd-over with a forward progress ruling in a situation where the rule doesn't apply.
Almost makes me feel something for you guys, but then I remember the 3 blatant blocks in the back during Dante Halls TD return that the refs missed.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:11 AM   #137
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer

This is the face of boozy delusion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny Walker

*sniff* Wait...did someone take a **** in here?
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:14 AM   #138
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Oh look: Chief fan offseason thread declaring "everything is different now!"

These are a dime a dozen. They usually don't go well for you guys.

And once again you guys have this weird fixation on being better than Denver. Not the league or winning a SB, but being better than Denver.

Denver fans are interested in SB's. We don't have this weird inferiority complex that Chief fans do.
Oh Kaylore, the off season is all they have, so be nice. It's like their Superbowl. They don't even have power rankings this year to help them out.

https://usat.ly/2HHrQzT
Old 05-07-2018, 07:13 AM   #139
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Defense wins championships and the last time I looked, KC doesn't have one of those.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:15 AM   #140
CEH
Ring of Famer

Clark Hunt , the owner of the Chiefs , strives each year to win the trophy with his namesake on it. When that is the goal of you organization , it’s all you need to know.
Don’t believe me, find the hard knocks with the Chiefs and you will see the preseason talk to the club from the owner.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #141
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Oh look: Chief fan offseason thread declaring "everything is different now!"

These are a dime a dozen. They usually don't go well for you guys.

And once again you guys have this weird fixation on being better than Denver. Not the league or winning a SB, but being better than Denver.

Denver fans are interested in SB's. We don't have this weird inferiority complex that Chief fans do.
You can basically mark the changing of the seasons (spring to summer) by the consistency of a "Chiefs are the best team to play football this year before they even take a real down" threads made by Chiefs fans. I just consider it an annual mark of time. Like seeing cherry blossoms, or mowing the grass.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #142
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Its interesting that you think Mahomes is even the most important part of the offense right now. For the first half of he season, Im going to say your most important stars on offense are a) Kareem Hunt, and b) Travis Kelce. If those guys dont have great games, you lose. Are we supposed to be scared of Sammy Watkins just because you guys paid him as much as we paid our QB?

Mahomes is quite an interesting prospect and Ill give him props if he does turn around a middling Chiefs team, but lets just see what happens when teams start putting together some film on him. He cant carry that team without Kareems help.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #143
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

#MeToo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset

Quote:
For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.

Your turn to suffer Denver. (and in the back of your mind, you know I'm right)
This is pretty funny. First of all, Mahomes has proven even less than Keenum. Many people (myself included) were surprised to see the Chefs jettison Alex Smith - he was far from their biggest problem the last few years. Secondly, why even bother to talk trash here? Neither of our teams are winning anything anytime soon. We're stuck with VJ, who can't even figure out how to work his headset. You guys have Andy Reid, who does things like running out the clock on himself and forgetting that Kareem Hunt is on his team.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #144
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

oh look...another Chefs suck thread
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #145
Crushisback
Camp fodder

The Broncos have won twice as many AFC Championship games (8) as the Chefs have playoff games (4). Silly Chef fans acting like they matter.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #146
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Remember that time Tim Tebow led the Broncos to a win in Arrowhead after only completing two passes?

There should be a sub-forum where all these yearly "Chiefs are the best ever!" threads can be stored and reflected upon for posterity.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #147
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Quote:
....clearly I am a biased Chiefs fan...so right away, anything I might have to say is met with ridicule and disdain..that's fine...I'll quote some guys whose opinions you probably respect quite a bit more than mine.

Von Miller - He came out and made some great throws, Hes a rookie, still, and got out there and played lights out. We had some ones out there and he still came through and played. Hats off to Mahomes."

Hes going to be the quarterback of the future. Hes going to be a great quarterback. He has great scramble ability. He can scramble and throw the ball. Hes going to be a great quarterback.

Aqib Talib - I saw enough of Patrick Mahomes to think Alex Smith is going to be a free agent next year, That guy can play some ball. That guy can play some ball. Hes smart. I saw him checking protections, I saw him reading the defense. We know how strong his arm is. The guy is a competitor. I think Alex Smith, he definitely might be on the market this year.

The guy (Mahomes) got an AK-47 for an arm. He can throw it wherever he wants. It doesnt matter if hes running left or right. Hes got a gun for an arm and it shows on the field.

Or...mabye take a look at this breakdown. Baldy does these all year long for a lot of players and teams...pretty good stuff.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-bre...fs-Film-Review
You don't have to convince us that your team is good. Your team has to go out and be good. The latter is where the Chiefs always have and always will fall short. There are plenty of kool aid drinking Chef fans out there that can say what you're saying but the problem is that your team will fail you once again.

Soon the local tv station will be buying up tickets again to avoid a blackout then you will hire some coach or draft another decent player and the seats at that s#!*hole you call a stadium will fill up once again with the Chiefs Kingdom "faithful". The ability of Chiefs fans to bounce back and crawl out of their hole time and time again is truly impressive.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:18 PM   #148
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Someone save this thread to bump during the season, this will be hilarious, more hilarious than the chiefs fans guaranteeing manning would never win a SB with Denver.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #149
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Anyone remember BossChief?

Here was his bragging after a perfect KC preseason in 2015 (the year of SB50): http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119521
Old 05-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #150
Black96WS6
Ring of Famer

There's really not a lot to do in Kansas City until football season starts, so I understand why the OP is here. It's either watch KC football, bother members of real teams on their message boards, or this:

Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote