The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #351
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23522322
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #352
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Back with a new off season championship.
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:14 AM   #353
BroncoBuff

This thread's lesson for me is:

Just like the chefs fan in here who slugged his avatar "Next Year is Finally Here!" in preseason of a year they went 9-7, maybe 2011 or 2012, everybody's gotta go with what they're given. Some fans - Denver, Pitt, NE - are lucky, while other fans - Oak, SD, KC - not so much. But fans gotta spout off their wild optimism, regardless what team they follow.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:26 AM   #354
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
This thread's lesson for me is:

Just like the chefs fan in here who slugged his avatar "Next Year is Finally Here!" in preseason of a year they went 9-7, maybe 2011 or 2012, everybody's gotta go with what they're given. Some fans - Denver, Pitt, NE - are lucky, while other fans - Oak, SD, KC - not so much. But fans gotta spout off their wild optimism, regardless what team they follow.
BroncoBuff....I understand where you are coming from. I am, and always will be a Chiefs fan...I am not a "homer". I wouldn't come in here like a douchebag (because trolling IS a douchebag thing to do) unless I was sure I was going to be right about this. I would never have come in here in 1997, or 2003, or even last year at any point. That is easy for me to say...but what sucks for me to say is that I agree the Broncos have LONG been the superior football team, with the better organization, the better tradition, including owning my team for the entirety of my life. Anyone can show up and say "Broncos Suck!, Cheifs are going to kick your ass this year!" ....fans of all teams always say this without any explanation of substance to go with it.

I posted my name for other boards I post on, and I have posted my facebook profile name...so that if anyone here is so inclined, they can find me to contact me about what I am saying here. Furthermore, I will be attending teh Chiefs/Broncos game in KC..and if any of you happen to be attending that, feel free to contact me, I will provide you the location of my tailgate and we can discuss this in person over some beers and the worlds best BBQ.

I am not here to win the offseason....just here to let you know whats coming. It would seem a good many of you have already come to the conclusion that you have a team whose respectability around the leauge hangs by a thread as it is. Just reading your Case Keenum thread makes that pretty apparent. ....I'm acutally trying to help you adjust to the idea that no only are you done, but that the team and QB that will dominate the next 10-15 years of NFL football is the Chiefs.

Slowly, you will begin to forget what "great" QB play looks like. Your fanbase will be bitterly divided as half will rally behind whatever POS QB you have that leads you to 9-7 every year, and the other half will identify the problem, but going 10-6 or so every year with an early playoff exit has you drafting at 23....and instead of that QB you need, you'll be fed a steady diet of awesome players at other positions who may or may not be great, but who can't really get you any closer to Super Bowl than any other decent player can....and you will learn to like it.

Eventually, you'll start seeing your position as "bad luck" or just needing to make 1 or 2 more plays a game as the only thing keeping you from being champions again instead of pretenders. And without that franchise QB, you will WIN an offseason every few years when that next journeyman QB is signed to be that missing piece...but really he doesn't fit that void in the puzzle any more or less than the guy before...but you'll tell yourself he is the one.

You'll brag about all the NON QB Pro bowlers you have...you may even send the MOST players to the pro bowl wich you mistakenly believe to a validation of your teams roster contruction...that the ball just hadn't bounced your way? How could all this talent assembled on a football field every year possibly fail to achieve more?

You'll take pride in meaningless things like "loudest stadium" or being given a good draft day grade by Mel Kiper. Your team will win some great games...against better teams and you'll see that as just more proof that the team is on the cusp of greatness, but those teams win in the playoffs while you watch it happen because the Broncos don't anymore.

We've lived that in KC for decades because until now, you've always had the QB on the roster to build around, and build around again...and now you are done.

It is our turn. We will be great. We have that QB now. We have Pat Mahomes.....and you are about 4 QB's into that parade of mediocrity that is just getting started. Enjoy.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #355
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

^^^^ TL; DR
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:46 AM   #356
4Horsemen
Ring of Famer

Just put it in the ole turkey hole!

tldr is right.

settle down! and nobody cares! it is getting pathetic. you have to come here and write your novels of fluff bc even chefsplanet.net can't even deal.
4Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #357
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I am not here to win the offseason....just here to let you know whats coming. It would seem a good many of you have already come to the conclusion that you have a team whose respectability around the leauge hangs by a thread as it is. Just reading your Case Keenum thread makes that pretty apparent.
This would be much less entertaining if you guys hadn't spent the last 5 years winning offseasons on the promise of the Case Keenum of his day.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #358
BroncoBuff

Quote:
BroncoBuff....I understand where you are coming from. I am, and always will be a Chiefs fan...I am not a "homer". I wouldn't come in here like a douchebag (because trolling IS a douchebag thing to do) unless I was sure I was going to be right about this. I would never have come in here in 1997, or 2003, or even last year at any point. That is easy for me to say...but what sucks for me to say is that I agree the Broncos have LONG been the superior football team, with the better organization, the better tradition, including owning my team for the entirety of my life.

I appreciate your optimism, you're a good and knowledgable fan, though given to blurting out wildly over-optimistic "certainties." But again, we each go with what we're given. I feel lucky with the Broncos - the best luck being Bob Irsay's giving up on Elway and shipping him out here for half his trade value. John Elway is at the core of ALL this franchises' greatest successes.

But I gotta wonder why you ignored the solid gold Dallas nuggets I posted ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Volts
Slowly, you will begin to forget what "great" QB play looks like. Your fanbase will be bitterly divided as half will rally behind whatever POS QB you have that leads you to 9-7 every year, and the other half will identify the problem.
Funny, but I'm serious that I'd rather have Keenum than Mahomes, this year and prolly the next. Mahomes will be very good I think, but still: I'm pushing half my stack to the middle that Henne or whomever will be an in-game, non-injury replacement for Pat at least once this year ... it happens to the best of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Voltage
You may even send the MOST players to the pro bowl wich you mistakenly believe to a validation of your teams roster contruction...that the ball just hadn't bounced your way? How could all this talent assembled on a football field every year possibly fail to achieve more?
Funny, I always think of KC as having more generationally elite talented players (undoubtedly because you draft so high all the time! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero AC-DC
You'll take pride in meaningless things like "loudest stadium"
Um, errrrr ... that's YOU guys. Guinness Book officials got tired of going back and forth - from Narrowhead to Seahawks Stadium - Narrowhead to Seahawks Stadium over and over, they suspended back-and-forth, and named both #1 I think. Surely you remember?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:52 AM   #359
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Funny, but I'm serious that I'd rather have Keenum than Mahomes, this year and prolly the next.
Case Keenum career arc was 22 TDís. Thatís his career ceiling. Mahomes will most likely (barring injury) throw that many TDís as a first year starter.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #360
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
BroncoBuff....I understand where you are coming from. I am, and always will be a Chiefs fan...I am not a "homer". I wouldn't come in here like a douchebag (because trolling IS a douchebag thing to do) unless I was sure I was going to be right about this. I would never have come in here in 1997, or 2003, or even last year at any point. That is easy for me to say...but what sucks for me to say is that I agree the Broncos have LONG been the superior football team, with the better organization, the better tradition, including owning my team for the entirety of my life. Anyone can show up and say "Broncos Suck!, Cheifs are going to kick your ass this year!" ....fans of all teams always say this without any explanation of substance to go with it.

I posted my name for other boards I post on, and I have posted my facebook profile name...so that if anyone here is so inclined, they can find me to contact me about what I am saying here. Furthermore, I will be attending teh Chiefs/Broncos game in KC..and if any of you happen to be attending that, feel free to contact me, I will provide you the location of my tailgate and we can discuss this in person over some beers and the worlds best BBQ.

I am not here to win the offseason....just here to let you know whats coming. It would seem a good many of you have already come to the conclusion that you have a team whose respectability around the leauge hangs by a thread as it is. Just reading your Case Keenum thread makes that pretty apparent. ....I'm acutally trying to help you adjust to the idea that no only are you done, but that the team and QB that will dominate the next 10-15 years of NFL football is the Chiefs.

Slowly, you will begin to forget what "great" QB play looks like. Your fanbase will be bitterly divided as half will rally behind whatever POS QB you have that leads you to 9-7 every year, and the other half will identify the problem, but going 10-6 or so every year with an early playoff exit has you drafting at 23....and instead of that QB you need, you'll be fed a steady diet of awesome players at other positions who may or may not be great, but who can't really get you any closer to Super Bowl than any other decent player can....and you will learn to like it.

Eventually, you'll start seeing your position as "bad luck" or just needing to make 1 or 2 more plays a game as the only thing keeping you from being champions again instead of pretenders. And without that franchise QB, you will WIN an offseason every few years when that next journeyman QB is signed to be that missing piece...but really he doesn't fit that void in the puzzle any more or less than the guy before...but you'll tell yourself he is the one.

You'll brag about all the NON QB Pro bowlers you have...you may even send the MOST players to the pro bowl wich you mistakenly believe to a validation of your teams roster contruction...that the ball just hadn't bounced your way? How could all this talent assembled on a football field every year possibly fail to achieve more?

You'll take pride in meaningless things like "loudest stadium" or being given a good draft day grade by Mel Kiper. Your team will win some great games...against better teams and you'll see that as just more proof that the team is on the cusp of greatness, but those teams win in the playoffs while you watch it happen because the Broncos don't anymore.

We've lived that in KC for decades because until now, you've always had the QB on the roster to build around, and build around again...and now you are done.

It is our turn. We will be great. We have that QB now. We have Pat Mahomes.....and you are about 4 QB's into that parade of mediocrity that is just getting started. Enjoy.
And following all this, all our pro sports franchises will move to orher states and Denver will be struck with seven deadly plagues. The Republicans will take over and create an economic wasteland, an earthquake will level all the ski resorts and pot users will all be rounded up and sent to labor camps.

But at least we can take solace in the fact that we will still be infinitely superior to Kansas ****ty.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #361
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Case Keenum career arc was 22 TDís. Thatís his career ceiling. Mahomes will most likely (barring injury) throw that many TDís as a first year starter.
Jesus you guys are delusional.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #362
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
^^^^ TL; DR
He's makes footsteps look brief.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #363
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Based on what? 22 TDís isnít that impressive in todayís NFL. Itís actually pretty average.

11 QBís threw more than 22 TDís last year and that would be have 14 if Watson, Luck and Rodgers werenít hurt.

Itís not delusional at all to think Mahomes can throw 22 TDís next year with the coaching/supporting cast he has. Jared Goff easily did it last season. Dak did it his first season, Wentz did it when they improved his weapons.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #364
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Based on what? 22 TDís isnít that impressive in todayís NFL. Itís actually pretty average.

11 QBís threw more than 22 TDís last year and that would be have 14 if Watson, Luck and Rodgers werenít hurt.

Itís not delusional at all to think Mahomes can throw 22 TDís next year with the coaching/supporting cast he has. Jared Goff easily did it last season. Dak did it his first season, Wentz did it when they improved his weapons.
With the D that the Chiefs will be fielding, I can see them needing to have Mahomes try to win with shootouts. So he may get to 22 TDs....to go along with all those INTs.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #365
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:

We are 5 years removed from watching a QB play the single best regular season in the history of the NFL. You guys haven't seen 18 games like that ever, Lenny is your high water mark.

You guys are so desperate it is hysterical. Enjoy the potential but wait until it pans out. A single meaningless game filled with backups on both sides of the ball against 2 backup QB's means nothing.

Plus you guys forget there are major issues with the other side of the football. If you had the D of 3 years ago I could see some optimism. Mix in 3 times as many turnovers in with a terrible D who can't pass rush or stop the run which just dumped its only CB and picked up a faider cast off and traded for another potentially average CB and you might see my point. Doesn't matter if you score 40 points a game if your D gives up 41.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #366
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:35 AM   #367
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
We are 5 years removed from watching a QB play the single best regular season in the history of the NFL. You guys haven't seen 18 games like that ever, Lenny is your high water mark.

You guys are so desperate it is hysterical. Enjoy the potential but wait until it pans out. A single meaningless game filled with backups on both sides of the ball against 2 backup QB's means nothing.

Plus you guys forget there are major issues with the other side of the football. If you had the D of 3 years ago I could see some optimism. Mix in 3 times as many turnovers in with a terrible D who can't pass rush or stop the run which just dumped its only CB and picked up a faider cast off and traded for another potentially average CB and you might see my point. Doesn't matter if you score 40 points a game if your D gives up 41.

I am here now so I can say that I saw this coming...not to come here after the fact...what fun is that? Also...if you've read this thread, it isn't based only on the one Denver game. So much more to all of it than that.

I also can't say the defense will be any better than last year, and it was bad...but it will have A LOT of new people on it who are younger and faster. That may or may not translate to better...but it can't get really be worse. I am cautiously optimistic that with Eric Berry back, Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali gone, along with draft and FA additions, that Justin Houston can actually play his positon again and rush the passer, and Berry just being there instead of SLOW Daniel Sorensen, are signifigant upgrades. That is something we will have to wait and see on.

And yes...Lenny was absolutely the high water mark (that is sad, I admit..the pinnacle of KC Chiefs football thus far was 1970) .....but just backs up my point. Lenny was a hall of fame franchise QB...when you have one of those, you compete for titles. We didn't have one again until 93 when we got declining Joe Montana, and that window was really for one year only. Otherwise it's been pretty bleek.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #368
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
And following all this, all our pro sports franchises will move to orher states and Denver will be struck with seven deadly plagues. A QB nicknamed "Memphis Belle", The Republicans will take over and create an economic wasteland, an earthquake will level all the ski resorts and pot users will all be rounded up and sent to labor camps.

But at least we can take solace in the fact that we will still be infinitely superior to Kansas ****ty.
....you have this mostly correct....it's what happens after you haven't had a franchise QB for a while...doom and despair all around.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:10 AM   #369
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

Based on the fact that Mahomes has done absolutely nothing so far, and the fact that most QB prospects fail. Itís not delisional to think he might throw for more than 22 TDís. Itís delusional to assume he will.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:32 AM   #370
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Based on the fact that Mahomes has done absolutely nothing so far, and the fact that most QB prospects fail. Itís not delisional to think he might throw for more than 22 TDís. Itís delusional to assume he will.
That and 22TD's isn't the chump change number people think it is...especially you first season starting.

None of these guys broke 22 their first season as the starter...
Brady
Big Ben
Flacco
Cam Newton
Philip rivers
Drew Brees
Derek Carr
Carson Wentz
Jared Goff
Matt Ryan
Alex smith
Marcus Martiota
Blake Bortles
Jay Cutler
Ryan Tannehil
Andy Dalton
Mathew Stafford

Dak and Luck hit a total of 23.

That's just the recent guys in the league, in an era of inflated passing. Yeah it's do able, but looks like it doesn't mean a whole lot to me.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #371
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
That and 22TD's isn't the chump change number people think it is...especially you first season starting.

None of these guys broke 22 their first season as the starter...
Brady
Big Ben
Flacco
Cam Newton
Philip rivers
Drew Brees
Derek Carr
Carson Wentz
Jared Goff
Matt Ryan
Alex smith
Marcus Martiota
Blake Bortles
Jay Cutler
Ryan Tannehil
Andy Dalton
Mathew Stafford

Dak and Luck hit a total of 23.

That's just the recent guys in the league, in an era of inflated passing. Yeah it's do able, but looks like it doesn't mean a whole lot to me.
Most of those young QBís were in below average or terrible situations be it coaching/surrounding cast.

Mahomes had an entire season to learn the offense, his coach is known for being an excellent Xís/Oís schematic coach who gets the best out of his QBís, decent pass blocking OL and Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce and Sammy Watkins as his weapons.

Put a young QB with a good coach and surrounding cast and good things tend to happen. See first year starter examples of Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson and Eli Manning.

Letís be honest: Deshaun Watson would have done it too if he didnít get hurt.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #372
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Throwing to whom, Sammy Watkins? You guys are going to pay him 21M this year for what, maybe 6-8 TD's and 800 yards?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #373
CEH
Ring of Famer

How come Alex smith threw zero TDs to a Wr one year with this great coaching staff
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:12 PM   #374
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Most of those young QBís were in below average or terrible situations be it coaching/surrounding cast.

Mahomes had an entire season to learn the offense, his coach is known for being an excellent Xís/Oís schematic coach who gets the best out of his QBís, decent pass blocking OL and Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce and Sammy Watkins as his weapons.

Put a young QB with a good coach and surrounding cast and good things tend to happen. See first year starter examples of Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson and Eli Manning.

Letís be honest: Deshaun Watson would have done it too if he didnít get hurt.
What do you not understand about the fact that Mahomes has done nothing so far?
Old 05-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #375
delany
Uber Bronco

These Chief fans have turned wishful thinking into an art form.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote