The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #251
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Heís obviously trolling us. There is no way in hell that it his wife. There is no family resemblance.
Well played sir.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #252
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,730

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
SF fans are already crowning Jimmy Grapes. Some Denver fans were crowning Cutler after that insane throw in Arizona. Redskins fans were crowning RGIII before he even took a snap. Dallas fans are crowning Dak and he hasnít even won a playoff game.

And yes some fans in Denver were crowning Tebow. You know thatís true.

There are fans like this on every team in sports.
Nobody in here said Cutler was going to open the "golden age of Broncos football", or that he was a "generational talent". Nobody here in Dallas was saying that about Dak either.

And no know damn well nobody said anything that dumb about Tebow.

Act like you've been there before...even if you haven't.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #253
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter
 
Zerovoltz's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Nobody in here said Cutler was going to open the "golden age of Broncos football", or that he was a "generational talent". Nobody here in Dallas was saying that about Dak either.

And no know damn well nobody said anything that dumb about Tebow.

Act like you've been there before...even if you haven't.
Hey footsteps, just realized you are also in Dallas. I live up north of the speedway
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #254
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Due west

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Nobody in here said Cutler was going to open the "golden age of Broncos football", or that he was a "generational talent". Nobody here in Dallas was saying that about Dak either.

And no know damn well nobody said anything that dumb about Tebow.

Act like you've been there before...even if you haven't.
To be fair, a lot of people were crowning Tebow. Not necessarily as a football savior though.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #255
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,730

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
1. hey at least one of you went to check out my facebook page! No, she wasn't a mail order bride, but I get that alot considering it's a mystery to most people why she's with my ugly a$$. Most poeple just come that conclusion.

2. The 2013 Draft...has mentioned here...was one of the top 5 worst in NFL History. you "won" if you just got someone to be on your roster after 4 years in that first round. Fisher does suck..he is not a good NFL left tackle..but he has been durable, and finally was barely adequate last year. ...the posts of the Cheifs fans cheering...what were we supposed to hang our heads? The Broncos fans did the same thing, and do the same for their draft picks..and you've had several bad ones lately.

3. Your "box score" analyis game here is on point. If a defensive lineman was beating his man all game long, and getting into the backfield consistantly, but registers no sacks...his box score will show that he didn't do anything. In reality, he was disruptive causing the RB to go where he didn't want to and flushed the QB out of pocket a bunch, affecting his productivity or drving him into the arms of others for sacks etc. 0 sacks. 0 tackles. Box score. He sucks. I can understand that you'd be skeptical due to a small sample size...

4. at whoever said "I don't need Keenum to be great" ....GOOD LUCK SIR. Spoken just like Carl Peterson and Marty! you'll just win with a "great team" and a QB to manage the game! Please...more of this...your conversion to 90's KC is underway!
Try to follow a conversation before posting your response.

I don't need them to be great, because I know this franchise has a commitment to winning. I know they will do what's necessary. Yours has no such commitment, which is why they won't.

If draft a QB near the top of the draft every time you had a chance was a good strategy, the Browns would be hoisting multiple Lombardis by now.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 05-08-2018 at 04:31 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #256
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
4. at whoever said "I don't need Keenum to be great" ....GOOD LUCK SIR. Spoken just like Carl Peterson and Marty! you'll just win with a "great team" and a QB to manage the game! Please...more of this...your conversion to 90's KC is underway!
This would have a lot more traction if you guys weren't here selling your same ol' 90's snake oil just last offseason.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #257
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,730

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Hey footsteps, just realized you are also in Dallas. I live up north of the speedway
Try to resist the temptation to post your home address in here.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #258
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,587
Default

I'd take Mahomes over Keenum too

And lol at the facebook profile post. **** why not i guess
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #259
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter
 
Zerovoltz's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Try to follow a conversation before posting your response.

I don't need them to be great, because I know this franchise has a commitment to winning. I know they will do what's necessary. Yours has no such commitment, which is why they won't.

If draft a QB near the top of the draft every time you had a chance was a good strategy, the Browns would be hoisting multiple Lombardis by now.
The Browns fail because they donít hit on a QB, not because they donít try.

Again, you are going to win plenty of games with Keenum. He is a good game manager QB.
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:49 PM   #260
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Thereís one KC fan in this thatís smarter than the rest.

Body language is everything.
The fist pumping moron with an entire helmet on a t-shirt. I don't get it, a logo I get, even a fake jersey/player # shirt, okay. But a helmet on a t-shirt. Why?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #261
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer
 
In hoc signo vinces

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
The Browns fail because they donít hit on a QB, not because they donít try.

Again, you are going to win plenty of games with Keenum. He is a good game manager QB.
Probably, we can game manage ourselves to another SB, while your generational talent gets you back to another home field playoff loss.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #262
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 7,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Gotta get the whole thing in there because the context is so important.



That's Round 1, Pick 1. (A privilege we've never been afforded)

All-MAC selection.
This GIF comes up when you Google "obesity epidemic"
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #263
WoodMan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: FL Panhandle
Posts: 2,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
The fist pumping moron with an entire helmet on a t-shirt. I don't get it, a logo I get, even a fake jersey/player # shirt, okay. But a helmet on a t-shirt. Why?
My guess is he was a backup OG in the 7th grade and got really excited the Chefs drafted a lineman. Didn't finish the 8th grade as his sister got knocked up and Momma made him go to work.
WoodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #264
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,730

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
The Browns fail because they donít hit on a QB, not because they donít try.

Again, you are going to win plenty of games with Keenum. He is a good game manager QB.
Again you missed the point, that being that you're insisting we will fail merely because we didn't draft a "franchise QB", but obviously Cleveland, as you say, has been trying to do so forever, with horrendous results. Obviously, if you repeatedly draft a bust high in the draft just to satisfy some imagined need to constantly be trying to find the next big QB success story, you're going to stink.

It's unclear exactly what Keenum is at this point, primarily because he's never had anything around him to work with until this last year. One thing is certain, and that's the fact that nobody knows what this new boy wonder you have is either, certainly not based on his NFL sheet. Three-quarters of a game means nothing...even if he was amazing, which he wasn't.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 05-08-2018 at 07:39 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #265
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter
 
Zerovoltz's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Again you missed the point, that being that you're insisting we will fail merely because we didn't draft a "franchise QB", but obviously Cleveland, as you say, has been trying to do so forever, with horrendous results. Obviously, if you repeatedly draft a bust high in the draft just to satisfy some imagined need to constantly be trying to find the next big QB success story, you're going to stink.

It's unclear exactly what Keenum is at this point, primarily because he's never had anything around him to work with until this last year. One thing is certain, and that's the fact that nobody knows what this new boy wonder you have is either, certainly not based on his NFL sheet. Three-quarters of a game means nothing...even if he was amazing, which he wasn't.

Allow me to clarify...teams don't have to DRAFT a franchise QB if they happen to find one like Kurt Warner etc, who turns out to be great...the whole point though is, when you look at the great QB, generally multiple pro bowls and super bowl appearances over a long period of time is great...those are almost all round 1 draft pics..and among that group, most are top 10. Even if you draft one up there high in round 1, the chance of busting is still substantial..but your odds of find that franchise guy outside round 1 high are very slim. Brady is such an incredible anomoly. ....anyhow...At this point in his career, Keenum is not at all likely to suddenly become more than what he has shown in Minnesota..and they didn't think he was worthwhile keep, as they considered Cousins a better option (just as the Chiefs traded Smith becaue Mahomes is the better option)

for the 6th or 7th time..I am not basing what I think of Mahomes on his stat sheet. I knew bono, Grbac, Croyle, Thigpen, Krieg, Green, Cassel, etc..were NOT great QB, and never were going to be...instead of talking sh*t to Broncos fans..I spent the past decade arguing with Chiefs fans who are making the same arguments you are for Case Keenum. Keenum, to me is probalby better than all of those guys but not by that much..and he will be a second tier guy, on a team that still has some really good pieces around him. My thoughts on all this are based on what I've seen...and since I have ZERO track record around here, and plus I am a fan of another team that hasn't done well in the recent past...I understand why you wouldn't just take my word for it. That's fine. I'm here to tell you anyway what is coming...getting it all out here in the open so later on when I show up in season, it will be so much better when I can point to all this and say "I told you so." ...not only about Mahmoes...but about your QB situation and the beginning of the game manager parade that is starting. You'd have been better off giving Lynch his shot this year, then Trying to reach for the stars again in the draft if he didn't work out....because like I said 9-7, 10-6 game manager QB's are a curse. You'll always think you're close...you won't draft that high ceiling QB prospect because you need to "build the team around him" ....it's a trap...and a tough one to get out of.
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #266
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Treasonous Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Granada Nicaragua
Posts: 6,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker
Default

Thanks for the heads up bro!
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #267
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer
 
In hoc signo vinces

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Allow me to clarify...teams don't have to DRAFT a franchise QB if they happen to find one like Kurt Warner etc, who turns out to be great...the whole point though is, when you look at the great QB, generally multiple pro bowls and super bowl appearances over a long period of time is great...those are almost all round 1 draft pics..and among that group, most are top 10. Even if you draft one up there high in round 1, the chance of busting is still substantial..but your odds of find that franchise guy outside round 1 high are very slim. Brady is such an incredible anomoly. ....anyhow...At this point in his career, Keenum is not at all likely to suddenly become more than what he has shown in Minnesota..and they didn't think he was worthwhile keep, as they considered Cousins a better option (just as the Chiefs traded Smith becaue Mahomes is the better option)

for the 6th or 7th time..I am not basing what I think of Mahomes on his stat sheet. I knew bono, Grbac, Croyle, Thigpen, Krieg, Green, Cassel, etc..were NOT great QB, and never were going to be...instead of talking sh*t to Broncos fans..I spent the past decade arguing with Chiefs fans who are making the same arguments you are for Case Keenum. Keenum, to me is probalby better than all of those guys but not by that much..and he will be a second tier guy, on a team that still has some really good pieces around him. My thoughts on all this are based on what I've seen...and since I have ZERO track record around here, and plus I am a fan of another team that hasn't done well in the recent past...I understand why you wouldn't just take my word for it. That's fine. I'm here to tell you anyway what is coming...getting it all out here in the open so later on when I show up in season, it will be so much better when I can point to all this and say "I told you so." ...not only about Mahmoes...but about your QB situation and the beginning of the game manager parade that is starting. You'd have been better off giving Lynch his shot this year, then Trying to reach for the stars again in the draft if he didn't work out....because like I said 9-7, 10-6 game manager QB's are a curse. You'll always think you're close...you won't draft that high ceiling QB prospect because you need to "build the team around him" ....it's a trap...and a tough one to get out of.
Which you haven't. You drafted a guy that has done nothing. If he busts you will be on here in 2 years saying "we got generational talent suck my ballz donko".

Not to mention we can't have traded places because Denver has never drafted a QB that's be worth a ****. If anything you should be worried we found another QB in FA that will run your noses in the dirt.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #268
MamaMia
Ring of Famer
 
MamaMia's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Allow me to clarify...teams don't have to DRAFT a franchise QB if they happen to find one like Kurt Warner etc, who turns out to be great...the whole point though is, when you look at the great QB, generally multiple pro bowls and super bowl appearances over a long period of time is great...those are almost all round 1 draft pics..and among that group, most are top 10. Even if you draft one up there high in round 1, the chance of busting is still substantial..but your odds of find that franchise guy outside round 1 high are very slim. Brady is such an incredible anomoly. ....anyhow...At this point in his career, Keenum is not at all likely to suddenly become more than what he has shown in Minnesota..and they didn't think he was worthwhile keep, as they considered Cousins a better option (just as the Chiefs traded Smith becaue Mahomes is the better option)

for the 6th or 7th time..I am not basing what I think of Mahomes on his stat sheet. I knew bono, Grbac, Croyle, Thigpen, Krieg, Green, Cassel, etc..were NOT great QB, and never were going to be...instead of talking sh*t to Broncos fans..I spent the past decade arguing with Chiefs fans who are making the same arguments you are for Case Keenum. Keenum, to me is probalby better than all of those guys but not by that much..and he will be a second tier guy, on a team that still has some really good pieces around him. My thoughts on all this are based on what I've seen...and since I have ZERO track record around here, and plus I am a fan of another team that hasn't done well in the recent past...I understand why you wouldn't just take my word for it. That's fine. I'm here to tell you anyway what is coming...getting it all out here in the open so later on when I show up in season, it will be so much better when I can point to all this and say "I told you so." ...not only about Mahmoes...but about your QB situation and the beginning of the game manager parade that is starting. You'd have been better off giving Lynch his shot this year, then Trying to reach for the stars again in the draft if he didn't work out....because like I said 9-7, 10-6 game manager QB's are a curse. You'll always think you're close...you won't draft that high ceiling QB prospect because you need to "build the team around him" ....it's a trap...and a tough one to get out of.
dude..

of course it's better to have a franchise qb.

sometimes, a lot of times, it's just not going to happen.

Can't really do anything about that.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #269
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Denver has never drafted their own franchise quarterback. And yet, they have owned the Chiefs for 40 years.

Don’t you have a sister/lover who needs her mullet/moustache braided?
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #270
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 10,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Allow me to clarify...teams don't have to DRAFT a franchise QB if they happen to find one like Kurt Warner etc, who turns out to be great...the whole point though is, when you look at the great QB, generally multiple pro bowls and super bowl appearances over a long period of time is great...those are almost all round 1 draft pics..and among that group, most are top 10.
Simply untrue. The Manning brothers are the only top 10 picks with Superbowl wins since Elway in 1998. Most people don't even consider Eli all that great. Top 10 picks don't even make up the majority of QBs that just play in a Superbowl.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #271
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,730

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Allow me to clarify...teams don't have to DRAFT a franchise QB if they happen to find one like Kurt Warner etc, who turns out to be great...the whole point though is, when you look at the great QB, generally multiple pro bowls and super bowl appearances over a long period of time is great...those are almost all round 1 draft pics..and among that group, most are top 10. Even if you draft one up there high in round 1, the chance of busting is still substantial..but your odds of find that franchise guy outside round 1 high are very slim. Brady is such an incredible anomoly. ....anyhow...At this point in his career, Keenum is not at all likely to suddenly become more than what he has shown in Minnesota..and they didn't think he was worthwhile keep, as they considered Cousins a better option (just as the Chiefs traded Smith becaue Mahomes is the better option)

for the 6th or 7th time..I am not basing what I think of Mahomes on his stat sheet. I knew bono, Grbac, Croyle, Thigpen, Krieg, Green, Cassel, etc..were NOT great QB, and never were going to be...instead of talking sh*t to Broncos fans..I spent the past decade arguing with Chiefs fans who are making the same arguments you are for Case Keenum. Keenum, to me is probalby better than all of those guys but not by that much..and he will be a second tier guy, on a team that still has some really good pieces around him. My thoughts on all this are based on what I've seen...and since I have ZERO track record around here, and plus I am a fan of another team that hasn't done well in the recent past...I understand why you wouldn't just take my word for it. That's fine. I'm here to tell you anyway what is coming...getting it all out here in the open so later on when I show up in season, it will be so much better when I can point to all this and say "I told you so." ...not only about Mahmoes...but about your QB situation and the beginning of the game manager parade that is starting. You'd have been better off giving Lynch his shot this year, then Trying to reach for the stars again in the draft if he didn't work out....because like I said 9-7, 10-6 game manager QB's are a curse. You'll always think you're close...you won't draft that high ceiling QB prospect because you need to "build the team around him" ....it's a trap...and a tough one to get out of.
More likely you'll just slink away with your tail between your legs and we'll never hear from you again.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #272
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,730

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Simply untrue. The Manning brothers are the only top 10 picks with Superbowl wins since Elway in 1998. Most people don't even consider Eli all that great. Top 10 picks don't even make up the majority of QBs that just play in a Superbowl.
The complete list:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/06/nf...rady-most-ever
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #273
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter
 
Zerovoltz's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post

http://www.nfl.com/superbowlchamps/quarterbacks
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:36 PM   #274
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter
 
Zerovoltz's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
dude..

of course it's better to have a franchise qb.

sometimes, a lot of times, it's just not going to happen.

Can't really do anything about that.

Yes...this is pretty much my point. Denver came into this offseason, didn't land Cousins (debatable if he is a franchise QB I suppose, but he was the best on the market) ...and with the 5th pick..did not take a swing at one in the draft. Getting the Case Keenums of the world is what teams have to do when that is all they can do....This is what I am telling you is the curse of it all. Keenum is going to be too good to replace, but not good enough to elevate players around him. He'll win you some regular season games. You will have a hard time finding that franchise guy when you keep winning 9 or 10 games a year.

It was pointed out Denver has never Drafted a franchise QB....yep...that isn't the point..you aquired Elway right after that draft...and he was a franchise QB. you aquired Manning and for a while, he was a franchise QB. It's been pointed out you had some middling years with Griese Plummer, etc....So you know what it's in store for you already...not like I'm telling you something you dont' know (you all know it..that Case Keenum thread here is full of nothing but you all knowing it and trying to talk fool yourselves into something else.) I'm already half right about all this on the Broncos side of things...you all are just hoping I am wrong about Mahomes at this point.
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:26 AM   #275
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,690

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Yes...this is pretty much my point. Denver came into this offseason, didn't land Cousins (debatable if he is a franchise QB I suppose, but he was the best on the market) ...and with the 5th pick..did not take a swing at one in the draft. Getting the Case Keenums of the world is what teams have to do when that is all they can do....This is what I am telling you is the curse of it all. Keenum is going to be too good to replace, but not good enough to elevate players around him. He'll win you some regular season games. You will have a hard time finding that franchise guy when you keep winning 9 or 10 games a year.

It was pointed out Denver has never Drafted a franchise QB....yep...that isn't the point..you aquired Elway right after that draft...and he was a franchise QB. you aquired Manning and for a while, he was a franchise QB. It's been pointed out you had some middling years with Griese Plummer, etc....So you know what it's in store for you already...not like I'm telling you something you dont' know (you all know it..that Case Keenum thread here is full of nothing but you all knowing it and trying to talk fool yourselves into something else.) I'm already half right about all this on the Broncos side of things...you all are just hoping I am wrong about Mahomes at this point.
You act like this is new for Denver. Weíve been trying to replace Elway for 20 years. And again, Mahomes has done jack **** so far.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Denver Broncos