The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #226
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Gotta get the whole thing in there because the context is so important.

That's Round 1, Pick 1. (A privilege we've never been afforded)

All-MAC selection.
This is straight gold.

Rd 1 pick 1 that excited over an OL player. Who ended up been largely mediocre his whole career, and that's if we're being generous
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #227
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

You can't build a SB team with one guy. You build a SB around one guy. Even IF he ends up being a solid QB (which no one knows, not even the OP unless he is a time traveler or something and hasn't told us), if the rest of the team, the scheme, the coaching, and everything else is bad, it won't matter.

How many SBs has Indy won since Luck? He is every so much more the "generational" QB - teams were imploding during the season just to get him. Hasn't worked out, because their owner is a drugged out dimwit who can't get the pieces in place around Luck for him to succeed.

KC is going to need YEARS.. like.. 3 at least, of continued solid success to even make me begin to think their entire process, team and philosophy has changed enough to take advantage of a great QB. Which no one even knows if this is true!

OP is huffing something before he posts, he has to be. Not only does he think that KC has turned -everything- around, he also thinks that the Broncos have conversely reversed all the things that have made them winners over the years.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #228
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #229
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
This is straight gold.

Rd 1 pick 1 that excited over an OL player. Who ended up been largely mediocre his whole career, and that's if we're being generous
And then there is the one haunting man in the middle, that one lonely voice of reasonable skepticism.

Undoubtedly some kind of arch-masochist for still being on this ride after decade upon decade of futility.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #230
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #231
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
This is straight gold.

Who should they have taken? It was one the worst drafts in NFL history and the Broncos got nothing from that draft.

Getting Kelce from that horrible draft is good enough for me.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #232
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Who should they have taken? It was one the worst drafts in NFL history and the Broncos got nothing from that draft.

Yea...I was going to make a post mocking KC about who they could have taken in that 1st round instead. Then I looked at that 1st round -

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2013

Oof.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #233
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Mahomes played 3 quarters or so of that game..the only play he had any of the other starters on the field with him was Hunt for 1 run. Mahomes was lifted after getting out to a 14 point lead..then coming back in with 2 minutes left with the game tied again because our 3rd string QB turned it over. ....pretty interesting watching Mahomes run that two minute drill with your 1st team defense all back out on the field. (as they were most of the game) ....it's not that important...but if you go back and watch you'd think that Von Miller, Roby, Davis, Harris, Wolfe...I could go on...how many backups do you have that start and play most of the game? ....here is a video of the 2 minute drill....in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game. Funny seeing the starting lineup all in there playing. They are even kicking our second string offensive lines butts....as if they were actually trying...odd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5sE...layer_embedded

You lost all credibility with your weak mistake. Wolfe was on the IR so he could not have been out there. Interesting how you "SAW" him play.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/0...-reserve-neck/

NEXT TIME YOU POST, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Then to add to your misconceptions in the secondary I see the following players:

27 Langley (3rd stringer who probably won't make the team this year)
38 Rios (Practice Squad player will be lucky to stay on the PS)
35 Parks (2nd string Safety)
20 Carter (rookie 3rd string/PS Safety with Cravens trade his spot is in jeporardy)
29 Roby was out there but technically he was our backup, started in Nickle only. Looked like they brought him in for depth as the 3rd CB in Nickle.

On the DL you forgot to mention that Walker was out there. He wasn't a starter.
At LB I saw #53 Mount (PS 3rd year guy)

That is 7 out of 11 guys.

They played so many starters late in the front 7 because of injury to everyone else. Broncos had been bit by the injury bug last year in a big way had a ton of guys on IR which didn't help them.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #234
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post

They shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. The wiffing on landing a difference maker made it more enjoyable.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #235
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

that was a brave move to post your actual facebook account, dude..

especially when it appears that you have a mail order bride from asia for a wife..

not that there's anything wrong with that, that's just how it appears. just stating facts. i'm sure she's a lovely lady. but i think others, not me, may have something to say about that.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #236
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
that was a brave move to post your actual facebook account, dude..

especially when it appears that you have a mail order bride from asia for a wife..

not that there's anything wrong with that, that's just how it appears. just stating facts. i'm sure she's a lovely lady. but i think others, not me, may have something to say about that.
He lives in KC what else is he supposed to?
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #237
Black96WS6
Ring of Famer

These are gold right here:
Quote:
The Chiefs blew an 18-point halftime lead and lost to the Tennessee Titans 22-21 in the first round of the playoffs. This is the second time in the past two seasons that the Chiefs have blown a two-score lead against the Titans, and the second time under coach Andy Reid that theyíve blown a huge halftime lead in the playoffs.

At this point, itís tough to find words. Where do the Chiefs start? How do they fix this? Will they ever win multiple games in the playoffs?
Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Linebacker Derrick Johnson, with his 13 years in the NFL for the Kansas City Chiefs, needs more time to process his team's stunning collapse against the Tennessee Titans after watching an 18-point halftime lead vanish into thin air.

"It hurts just as much the next day.....What a sad way to go out." Johnson said.
Quote:
Unfortunately for Johnson and the Chiefs, being victims of epic comebacks is nothing new. Only four times have teams surrendered a halftime deficit of at least 18 points during a postseason game in the Super Bowl era. The Chiefs have done it twice.
Quote:
The 2013 Chiefs led the Indianapolis Colts by 21 points before falling 45-44. Even worse, they led 38-10 early in the third quarter. Head coach Andy Reid is the first coach in league history to lose two postseason games after leading by at least 17 points.

Yet Reid sees no similarities among his team's titanic collapses.
Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #238
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Yea...I was going to make a post mocking KC about who they could have taken in that 1st round instead. Then I looked at that 1st round -

Oof.
It was an all-time historically ****ty draft class.

I think the smart money is on milking some sucker franchise for future picks with #1 overall before taking a small conference OT though.

But that's just me.

3 OT's in the top 5 though. Just disastrous.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #239
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

It's like that draft started in the 3rd round talent-wise.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #240
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Oof.
It was such a terrible draft that they had to create a player. Remember Deion Sanders dressing up as Leon Sandcastle?

No elite QBís, no elite RBís no elite pass rushers, no elite receivers. Just a handful of okay tackles.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #241
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

1. hey at least one of you went to check out my facebook page! No, she wasn't a mail order bride, but I get that alot considering it's a mystery to most people why she's with my ugly a$$. Most poeple just come that conclusion.

2. The 2013 Draft...has mentioned here...was one of the top 5 worst in NFL History. you "won" if you just got someone to be on your roster after 4 years in that first round. Fisher does suck..he is not a good NFL left tackle..but he has been durable, and finally was barely adequate last year. ...the posts of the Cheifs fans cheering...what were we supposed to hang our heads? The Broncos fans did the same thing, and do the same for their draft picks..and you've had several bad ones lately.

3. Your "box score" analyis game here is on point. If a defensive lineman was beating his man all game long, and getting into the backfield consistantly, but registers no sacks...his box score will show that he didn't do anything. In reality, he was disruptive causing the RB to go where he didn't want to and flushed the QB out of pocket a bunch, affecting his productivity or drving him into the arms of others for sacks etc. 0 sacks. 0 tackles. Box score. He sucks. I can understand that you'd be skeptical due to a small sample size...

4. at whoever said "I don't need Keenum to be great" ....GOOD LUCK SIR. Spoken just like Carl Peterson and Marty! you'll just win with a "great team" and a QB to manage the game! Please...more of this...your conversion to 90's KC is underway!
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #242
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Letís see more of this mail order bride.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #243
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Gotta get the whole thing in there because the context is so important.

That's Round 1, Pick 1. (A privilege we've never been afforded)

All-MAC selection.

Thereís one KC fan in this thatís smarter than the rest.

Body language is everything.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #244
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I feel like they would have clapped for anyone.

Does anyone else find it odd how whenever they are picking in the top five, KC routinely takes the safe/obvious choice and it routinely doesn't work out?

Dorsey, Jackson, Fisher; They're guys who were universally regarded as good for any team, and with a low bust potential. And yet they never come close to living up to their top five pedigree.

You could make a case for Eric Berry being one of their few good picks, and that's considering he's torn his Achilles and had cancer in different seasons.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #245
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black96WS6 View Post
These are gold right here:

Those stats are so crazy its unreal. Chiefs are the Cubs before they won it a couple years ago.
Peoples Champ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #246
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
1. hey at least one of you went to check out my facebook page! No, she wasn't a mail order bride, but I get that alot considering it's a mystery to most people why she's with my ugly a$$. Most poeple just come that conclusion.

2. The 2013 Draft...has mentioned here...was one of the top 5 worst in NFL History. you "won" if you just got someone to be on your roster after 4 years in that first round. Fisher does suck..he is not a good NFL left tackle..but he has been durable, and finally was barely adequate last year. ...the posts of the Cheifs fans cheering...what were we supposed to hang our heads? The Broncos fans did the same thing, and do the same for their draft picks..and you've had several bad ones lately.

3. Your "box score" analyis game here is on point. If a defensive lineman was beating his man all game long, and getting into the backfield consistantly, but registers no sacks...his box score will show that he didn't do anything. In reality, he was disruptive causing the RB to go where he didn't want to and flushed the QB out of pocket a bunch, affecting his productivity or drving him into the arms of others for sacks etc. 0 sacks. 0 tackles. Box score. He sucks. I can understand that you'd be skeptical due to a small sample size...

4. at whoever said "I don't need Keenum to be great" ....GOOD LUCK SIR. Spoken just like Carl Peterson and Marty! you'll just win with a "great team" and a QB to manage the game! Please...more of this...your conversion to 90's KC is underway!
Marty had Drew Brees and should have taken Larry Fitzgerald but took another QB instead.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #247
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Letís see more of this mail order bride.
Heís obviously trolling us. There is no way in hell that it his wife. There is no family resemblance.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #248
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Tha annual **** talking from the team that is a joke of the nfl to a team with 3 titles and 8 super bowl appearances.
Yup, and 2 appearances and 1 Superbowl in the LAST 5 years. so they cant pull that stuff that it was 20 years ago.
Peoples Champ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #249
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Marty had Drew Brees and should have taken Larry Fitzgerald but took another QB instead.
Marty preferred Brees actually.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #250
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Marty preferred Brees actually.
Not on draft day. Next season maybe.