The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
KELLY in 2018

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!
Default Manning encouraged Ellis to bring in Howard Mudd.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-during-otas/

Sean Kugler better be taking notes.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2018, 09:30 PM   #2
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Least number of sacks in twelve years has a lot to do with the QB.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Least number of sacks in twelve years has a lot to do with the QB.
Jeff Saturday was solid too, but Manning definitely made the real difference. He very few sacks with us too.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,047
Default

As I recall, Keenum is also adept at avoiding sacks.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:56 AM   #5
Ironlung
There is no plan B
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Plan A is still the same...

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
As I recall, Keenum is also adept at avoiding sacks.
This cant be true. The geniuses on this forum said he was Kyle Orton 2.0.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 7,514

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
This cant be true. The geniuses on this forum said he was Kyle Orton 2.0.
***Insert pic of Orton's college booze binge here***
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:37 PM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
This cant be true. The geniuses on this forum said he was Kyle Orton 2.0.
That would be Siemian....and we were right despite the clowns who fought us this exact time last year. Siemian was going to beast in 2017!
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #8
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 54,496

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Mudd is a power scheme coach. Not sure what all he could add. This is something Manning lobbied for, so I am unclear if this was a favor he was doing the Broncos, as a not-so-subtle hnit about how he feels about the current situation on the offensive line, or if this is a favor he did for Mudd who may be looking for work. Regardless, I think the more people they bring in, the better.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #9
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Least number of sacks in twelve years has a lot to do with the QB.
That was also my first thought. Manning wasn't sacked much because he consistently got the ball out on time. He made his O lines look great. So it's hard to give the lines, or the O line coach, a lot of credit. But I did see this on Howard Mudd's wikipedia page (and we all know that wikipedia is the best source for information lol):

"Mudd was named the offensive line coach for the Philadelphia Eagles after being talked out of retirement on February 2, 2011. In Mudd's first season with the Eagles, they allowed 17 fewer sacks than they had the previous season, and helped LeSean McCoy lead the NFL in total touchdowns."

I don't have any information to determine if that improvement had anything to do with Mudd or roster/coaching/scheme changes.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 53,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
That would be Siemian....and we were right despite the clowns who fought us this exact time last year. Siemian was going to beast in 2017!
No one was right about anything last year. Between the 3 options at QB last year Trevor was the best. That isn't saying much though.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #11
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 54,496

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Don't forget Manning also made his own pre-snap line adjustments. The dude was a robot.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #12
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,084
Default

...And yet Manning himself credits Mudd and his work with the Colt O-line as being one of the key contributors to his success.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
No one was right about anything last year. Between the 3 options at QB last year Trevor was the best. That isn't saying much though.


Fun to see how much teamtrevor evolved since last year. There were a few who thought they all sucked = which was right.


This time last year Brock wasn’t on the team. And Sloter was the best option! Sloterfest was gonna rival Coachella.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:04 PM   #14
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
...And yet Manning himself credits Mudd and his work with the Colt O-line as being one of the key contributors to his success.

Has Manning ever credited himself in public? I’m not sure but I wouldn’t be surprise if publicly he states all his success is because of other people.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 53,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Fun to see how much teamtrevor evolved since last year. There were a few who thought they all sucked = which was right.


This time last year Brock wasn’t on the team. And Sloter was the best option! Sloterfest was gonna rival Coachella.
If #teamtrevors take on Trev didn't evolve over the course of the year it would have been insane. The 1st quarter of the season was fun while it lasted. Trev had a lot going against him, his draft status, different HC's every year, different OC's, a bad OL, bad 1st time HC, a team that fell apart in EVERY Phase of the game, having to win the job in TC every year which stole snaps. The kid outperformed his draft position and played very well at times. I hope he gets a shot to develop as a backup and learn how to not panic under pressure and keep his eyes downfield. He won us games and he will win someone else games down the road.

I remember it differently, Sloter was a 2-3 year project but would have been better than Lynch to keep around. I don't remember anyone wanting or expecting Sloter to start day 1 last year, if they did they were nuts. I liked Sloter as the #2 QB, it is a shame we signed Brock, as it cost him his roster spot once the season started.

I like the fact that the Broncos are bringing in Retired guys to help tutor our young coaching staff.

I am also glad that Manning is still involved and thinking about the Broncos and interested in them getting better.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:27 PM   #16
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If #teamtrevors take on Trev didn't evolve over the course of the year it would have been insane. The 1st quarter of the season was fun while it lasted. Trev had a lot going against him, his draft status, different HC's every year, different OC's, a bad OL, bad 1st time HC, a team that fell apart in EVERY Phase of the game, having to win the job in TC every year which stole snaps. The kid outperformed his draft position and played very well at times. I hope he gets a shot to develop as a backup and learn how to not panic under pressure and keep his eyes downfield. He won us games and he will win someone else games down the road.

I remember it differently, Sloter was a 2-3 year project but would have been better than Lynch to keep around. I don't remember anyone wanting or expecting Sloter to start day 1 last year, if they did they were nuts. I liked Sloter as the #2 QB, it is a shame we signed Brock, as it cost him his roster spot once the season started.

I like the fact that the Broncos are bringing in Retired guys to help tutor our young coaching staff.

I am also glad that Manning is still involved and thinking about the Broncos and interested in them getting better.
I kinda wish some of the ownership rumors swirling were in regards to us.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #17
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
That would be Siemian....and we were right despite the clowns who fought us this exact time last year. Siemian was going to beast in 2017!
I think as far as actually getting out of pocket trouble, Siemian was much, much better than Orton. I think he secretly liked doing it, and made sure to take a couple extra unnecessary steps backward in the wrong direction each passing snap just to boost the odds. He was also extremely good at being completely oblivious to the pressure when it did finally come, however, and rarely chose to exhibit both skills simultaneously.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #18
4HorSeimian
Ring of Famer
 
4HorSeimian's Avatar
 
It's all up from here boys!

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,845
Default

Mudd: "Okay, let's get started off right. You taking notes?"

Kugler: "Yes sir!"

Mudd: "Alrightly, here we go. Cut that Watson guy. Catch that?"

Kugler: "Yes SIR!"

Mudd: "Good. Great. My work is done. Have a good season."
4HorSeimian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #19
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HorSeimian View Post
Mudd: "Okay, let's get started off right. You taking notes?"

Kugler: "Yes sir!"

Mudd: "Alrightly, here we go. Cut that Watson guy. Catch that?"

Kugler: "Yes SIR!"

Mudd: "Good. Great. My work is done. Have a good season."
Somehow Watson always lands on his feet. That's like his life story. He's like Forrest Gump. A lot of dumb luck.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #20
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

How’s Watson looking at guard?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #21
4HorSeimian
Ring of Famer
 
4HorSeimian's Avatar
 
It's all up from here boys!

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Somehow Watson always lands on his feet. That's like his life story. He's like Forrest Gump. A lot of dumb luck.
"its elementary my dear watson!"

yup, incredible
4HorSeimian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:32 PM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 18,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Mudd is a power scheme coach. Not sure what all he could add. This is something Manning lobbied for, so I am unclear if this was a favor he was doing the Broncos, as a not-so-subtle hnit about how he feels about the current situation on the offensive line, or if this is a favor he did for Mudd who may be looking for work. Regardless, I think the more people they bring in, the better.
It's Manning doing his part to try and do anything and everything to keep Brady out of the Superbowl, lol.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #23
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer
 
In hoc signo vinces

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,942

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Fun to see how much teamtrevor evolved since last year. There were a few who thought they all sucked = which was right.


This time last year Brock wasn’t on the team. And Sloter was the best option! Sloterfest was gonna rival Coachella.
I really thought Trevor would take the next step last year, and his first couple games he made some big boy throws. Once he started getting pounded he fell apart completely.

Hopefully Keenum is better.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #24
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 
TeamSwag

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 16,237

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
I really thought Trevor would take the next step last year, and his first couple games he made some big boy throws. Once he started getting pounded he fell apart completely.

Hopefully Keenum is better.
Swag Kelly
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:52 PM   #25
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Least number of sacks in twelve years has a lot to do with the QB.

Definitely. When this topic comes up, I usually ask the question: What QB is the all-time leader in sack avoidance? It's not Vick or Tarken

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 05-27-2018 at 09:57 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Denver Broncos