The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #26
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher
 
Strip Sacked's Avatar
 
You're dead to me Peanut.

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders
Default

First it was Cousins, Rosen, or BUST.

Now i'm Rosen, Mayfield, or GTFO
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #27
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I trust in Elway to get this right but would prefer to not end up with flava clown.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #28
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 36,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Heckert and the boys while the Boss is away.
__________________
2018 Denver Broncos GM (OM Mock Draft)

Draft Picks:

Round 1: 5th overall - Quenton Nelson, G - Notre Dame
Round 2: 24th overall - Ronald Jones, RB - USC
Round 3: 74th overall - Jamarco Jones, OT - Ohio State
Round 4: 109th overall - Jeff Holland, OLB/PRS - Auburn
Round 4: 128th overall - JC Jackson, CB - Maryland
Round 5: 161st overall - Tegray Scales, LB - Indiana
Round 5: 163rd overall - Jaleel Scott, WR - New Mexico State
Round 6: 182nd overall - Durham Smythe, TE - Notre Dame
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #29
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,821

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Damn, how many weird pictures/videos are out to there with Mayfield.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #30
Big Cheeze
Pro Bowler
 
Big Cheeze's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Draft someone who is going to play right away at #5.

If a few QBs go before #5, that just means a top non-QB falls to us.

Go and get one of those guys.

If Keenum stinks, Denver is back in the same place they were picking next year or beyond anyways.

We already did the "Draft a QB and sit him for a few years" scenario with Lynch. Let's not do that again.
I agree. Our first round picks need to make an impact now. Not 2-3 years down the road
Big Cheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #31
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
3-13 please

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 11,210
Default

How bout D. James at 5?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #32
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,821

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheeze View Post
I agree. Our first round picks need to make an impact now. Not 2-3 years down the road
But that doesnít solve our problem at QB. Are you only worried about now or the next 10-15 years
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #33
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Racist
If it walks like duck talks like a duck and smells like a duck well god damn it heís a duck.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #34
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Yeah, except I'm far from sure that Mayfield = Wilson. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:06 AM   #35
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yeah, except I'm far from sure that Mayfield = Wilson. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.
Yeah, I don't think that's what he meant. He's talking about being a rookie and coming in and leading a team.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #36
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #37
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Yeah, I don't think that's what he meant. He's talking about being a rookie and coming in and leading a team.
Yeah, I know. I'm just letting my fear of us drafting Mayfield at 5 get the better of me.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:13 AM   #38
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,998
Default

Booger could be the pick.
Case had similar stats in college as Booger.
I’m leaning towards Josh1 or Josh2
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:44 AM   #39
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 3,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Draft someone who is going to play right away at #5.

If a few QBs go before #5, that just means a top non-QB falls to us.

Go and get one of those guys.

If Keenum stinks, is back in the same place they were picking next year or beyond anyways.

We already did the "Draft a QB and sit him for a few years" scenario with Lynch. Let's not do that again.
The problem I have with this way of thinking is that this is supposed to be one of the best draft classes regarding QBs in the last couple of years. Are there any QBs in next year class or the other year that are as good as this ones?

Also, with Keenum we could be perfectly mediocre and be 8-8 team or more the next years, but is he really someone that will push us over the top? If John had all the confidence in him, then why only 2 years? If we suck the next couple of years then John job could be on the line (we know thats very unlikely). Anyway, we could be perfectly mediocre and not right bad and be stuck in the #15-24 range like with Mike his last couple of years. And we know that to grab an elite talent at QB you have almost alway to be in the 1-5 range.

So we risk at pouncing at a QBOTF just because we can suck if Keenum doesnt pan out?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #40
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
How bout D. James at 5?
How about no?
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #41
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,536
Default

Just for ****s and giggles I searched the best draft classes. Kinda sad to be honest, other then the 83 draft and 2004 it has been maybe 2 good qb's and a bunch of scrubs.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-5-nfl-history
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #42
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Heckert and the boys while the Boss is away.
this shtick and gone fishin's spanish soap opera shtick are winning the mane
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 42,995

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
The problem I have with this way of thinking is that this is supposed to be one of the best draft classes regarding QBs in the last couple of years. Are there any QBs in next year class or the other year that are as good as this ones?

Also, with Keenum we could be perfectly mediocre and be 8-8 team or more the next years, but is he really someone that will push us over the top? If John had all the confidence in him, then why only 2 years? If we suck the next couple of years then John job could be on the line (we know thats very unlikely). Anyway, we could be perfectly mediocre and not right bad and be stuck in the #15-24 range like with Mike his last couple of years. And we know that to grab an elite talent at QB you have almost alway to be in the 1-5 range.

So we risk at pouncing at a QBOTF just because we can suck if Keenum doesnt pan out?
If they love a QB, I'd take the QB. And I'd put him in a position to start right away. I know they won't do that to save face (another reason I don't love the keenum signing), but thats what they should do.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #44
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31,480

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yeah, except I'm far from sure that Mayfield = Wilson. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.
Well he's not ever going to be LIKE Wilson.

But the NFL was arguably less sure about Wilson back then than it is about Mayfield now. There are no sure bets.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:07 PM   #45
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Well he's not ever going to be LIKE Wilson.

But the NFL was arguably less sure about Wilson back then than it is about Mayfield now. There are no sure bets.
Definitely the case. Although I think the reason the NFL is more sure about Mayfield is at least partly due to guys like Wilson. And I'm not sure that's a good reason to be sure about Mayfield.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #46
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31,480

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Definitely the case. Although I think the reason the NFL is more sure about Mayfield is at least partly due to guys like Wilson. And I'm not sure that's a good reason to be sure about Mayfield.
In other words, it was, is, and probably always will be a crap shoot.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:09 PM   #47
BroncoSojia
Your 3x Champion
 
BroncoSojia's Avatar
 
Denver Broncos

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 1,686

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default


BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #48
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,049

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post

Trying to make it seem like they arenít really interested in Allen. I see what youíre doing Elway.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #49
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher
 
Strip Sacked's Avatar
 
You're dead to me Peanut.

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Trying to make it seem like they arenít really interested in Allen. I see what youíre doing Elway.
We're getting Rosen! Deal with it!



Good afternoon Aga, have you taken your pills today?
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #50
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,844

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
We're getting Rosen! Deal with it!



Good afternoon Aga, have you taken your pills today?
I think it could be Darnold. They are showing no interest and playing their bluff.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Denver Broncos