The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2015, 05:50 AM   #26
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Yeah, the airports in the Bahamas are a pain....chalked up to time working differently. As someone obsessed with punctuality, it can be infuriating.

That said, the views of the islands from those little puddle jumper planes are awesome. Though the views from the Cab when being driven from the "airport" to the resort are less exciting.
Definitely makes so you feel sad for a few minutes riding from the third world country part to the resort part. But then you are there and forget about it and its a great trip.

For our honeymoon my wife and I stayed down the coast from Sandals at a cheaper all inclusive and it was great! I would definitely up the ante the next time we go for the pricier inclusive, but the cheaper one allowed us to do MORE outside of the hotel.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:55 AM   #27
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
SPDirty. He's the mother ****ing man. He had pics to prove it as well.
Might go back. It's a great place to go after a breakup/divorce. The old man has been working himself to death lately. Might do both of us good to go back out there.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #28
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Might go back. It's a great place to go after a breakup/divorce. The old man has been working himself to death lately. Might do both of us good to go back out there.
Juicey girls are not meant for love! i almost fell for one until. thank god my tour ended.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:59 AM   #29
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Definitely makes so you feel sad for a few minutes riding from the third world country part to the resort part. But then you are there and forget about it and its a great trip.

For our honeymoon my wife and I stayed down the coast from Sandals at a cheaper all inclusive and it was great! I would definitely up the ante the next time we go for the pricier inclusive, but the cheaper one allowed us to do MORE outside of the hotel.
Yeah, Sandals doesn't want you leaving the resorts. They are definitely for experiencing the beach/sea...not so much the culture of the islands.

That Couples resort looks great.

Beaches resorts have a ton of activities, but they are family resorts (they are Sandals' family brand). Sandals are adults only...as is Couples it looks like.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:07 AM   #30
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Honey moon = couples Jamaica can't go wrong. I really like Grand Palladium in Jamaica. Caribbean cruise was over rated. We hit Honduras , Guatemala, Belize and Cozumel ( sp ). Just not enough time in each place.
i went to the grand palladium bout 3yrs ago. It was ok. the nice beach is a long walk. the beach with the rocks is a 2 minute walk. the swimming pools are nice. the food is decent. the drinks were watered down. not much of a night life. the drive to the airport was long and the drivers there are crazy. if you leave half a cars length between u and the car in front of you, expect to be cut off by the guy passing you on a 1 lane rd.

i did set up a guy to take me around jamaica to the falls and other places. he got me a sim card. ofcourse he kept hitting on my wife, but whatever. took us to this great resturant that served authentic jamaican bbq.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:07 AM   #31
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Quote:
SPDirty. He's the mother ****ing man. He had pics to prove it as well.
Link?!?
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #32
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Juicey girls are not meant for love! i almost fell for one until. thank god my tour ended.
I know. I did, she gave me the best 2 boys on the planet, so I don't regret it. Just got dumped by a white chick that was a nympho, so for like 6 months I was getting all the action I could've ever wanted. 2 days ago she broke up via text because she was having "bad dreams." I did vow never to go back, but right now, I have the boys 90-95% of the time, I'm hurt, and work has been super stressful and labor intensive, so now, I don't know. Might do me some good to recharge the batteries. Also as a motivator for us to start our own resort over there. Id love to send my dad out there to enjoy his golden years. In a year we should have the funds to do it.

Last edited by spdirty; 02-06-2015 at 06:15 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:13 AM   #33
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Yeah, Sandals doesn't want you leaving the resorts. They are definitely for experiencing the beach/sea...not so much the culture of the islands.

That Couples resort looks great.

Beaches resorts have a ton of activities, but they are family resorts (they are Sandals' family brand). Sandals are adults only...as is Couples it looks like.
Ya, we definitely looked at Sandals and beyond cruises, All inclusive resorts are my favorite vacations
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:43 AM   #34
warfie
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Excellence Playa Mujeres was an incredible vacation. A wide range of restaurants that were almost all exceptional. Tons of bars. Great activities. We got a two story room with a private pool on the roof. It was fantastic. The only thing not great was the beach - very rocky/full of seaweed. If you're not a beach person the pools were incredible. Best service we've ever experienced. I've heard that all Excellence resorts are along the same lines.
warfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:05 AM   #35
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Beaches at Turks and Caicos was amazing.
Agree. I've been there twice and that is a great resort. The downside is you have to put up with a lot of annoying kids and people from NY and NJ, and it's gotten very expensive. If you want to go to Grace Bay in T&C I suggest checking out the Club Med. I haven't been there but I've heard it's pretty good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...nd_Caicos.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:09 AM   #36
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm just not a big fan of AIs vs cruises. The resorts are nice but it's the same beach everyday. You have to pay a ton of money to do anything else and there are always some asshats creeping. At least with a cruise you get a new place to explore each day, plus its significantly less expensive.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #37
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I'm just not a big fan of AIs vs cruises. The resorts are nice but it's the same beach everyday. You have to pay a ton of money to do anything else and there are always some asshats creeping. At least with a cruise you get a new place to explore each day, plus its significantly less expensive.
Unless something happens to boat's electrical system and the shiatter backs up and you're stuck on a floating sewer. Or your captain hits an obstacle and punches a hole in the boat.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #38
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I'm the exact opposite. Cruises are alright and I like them with the kids. Without the kids I would rather a resort. I don't like the deadlines you get on cruises to be back on the boat. I don't like paying for 40 dollar buckets of beer. I like AI resorts that you have paid for everything upfront and you can leave the resort to explore for how long you want. Cruises are cheaper initially but can be more in the end.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #39
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Unless something happens to boat's electrical system and the shiatter backs up and you're stuck on a floating sewer. Or your captain hits an obstacle and punches a hole in the boat.

That arguement could be made for an airplane or a taxi and traffic. I've been on so many cruises and that's never happened. Plus, the ships it has happened on are all old shirty ships anyway. Who wants to vacay on a ****ty ship?
Old 02-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #40
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm the exact opposite. Cruises are alright and I like them with the kids. Without the kids I would rather a resort. I don't like the deadlines you get on cruises to be back on the boat. I don't like paying for 40 dollar buckets of beer. I like AI resorts that you have paid for everything upfront and you can leave the resort to explore for how long you want. Cruises are cheaper initially but can be more in the end.

I hear Ya there, but I always just by the drink package or bring on my own booze. If you pay per drink it can add up super quick. A mistake I won't make again.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #41
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I think it really depends on what your after. I explored the **** out of Jamaica and was at an A.I. It's really nice to just leave everything in the safe but still be able to do what ever you want. I like the fact you can try all different kinda drinks and if you don't like them you just give them back and get a new one. I could never do this if I paid upfront for them . The staff at these places are amazing. I always slip them dollar bills and they treat you like kings. Hell ED was bring us our drinks 30 feet out into the Ocean. AH Dirty Bananas. MMMMMMMM.

Last year we swam in a river that glows as you swim. It was an amazing experience.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1423240044

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1423240031
Attached Images

Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #42
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I think it really depends on what your after. I explored the **** out of Jamaica and was at an A.I. It's really nice to just leave everything in the safe but still be able to do what ever you want. I like the fact you can try all different kinda drinks and if you don't like them you just give them back and get a new one. I could never do this if I paid upfront for them . The staff at these places are amazing. I always slip them dollar bills and they treat you like kings. Hell ED was bring us our drinks 30 feet out into the Ocean. AH Dirty Bananas. MMMMMMMM.

Last year we swam in a river that glows as you swim. It was an amazing experience.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1423240044

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1423240031

Which resort is that in Jamaica?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #43
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Which resort is that in Jamaica?
That was the Grand Palladium. We really like this one because if offers amazing snorkeling right off the beach. about 30 feet our in the ocean we were seeing eagle rays, blow fish all kinda tropical fish . We even saw a poisonous sea snake that was about 6 foot long. If you go there do yourself a favor and stay on the lady Hamilton side and get the honeymoon suite 3B. You are like 20 feet from the ocean and the adult pool and bar.

It has the biggest pool in Jamaica . Funny thing is we have been there twice and yet to set foot in it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1423240812

Attached Images

Last edited by Quoydogs; 02-06-2015 at 08:41 AM..
Old 02-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #44
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
That was the Grand Palladium. We really like this one because if offers amazing snorkeling right off the beach. about 30 feet our in the ocean we were seeing eagle rays, blow fish all kinda tropical fish . We even saw a poisonous sea snake that was about 6 foot long. If you go there do yourself a favor and stay on the lady Hamilton side and get the honeymoon suite 3B. You are like 20 feet from the ocean and the adult pool and bar.

It has the biggest pool in Jamaica . Funny thing is we have been there twice and yet to set foot in it.

i guess you must of gotten lucky. i wasn't so much lucky. thought it was so so. i slipped them all a dollar bill. damn bartender gave the ladies the best drinks. lol
Old 02-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #45
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What about Cancun? Anyone stayed at moon or beach palace?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:51 AM   #46
BroncosSR
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Excellence punta cana. Ywia.
Nice place. Actually got married there.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #47
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What about Cancun? Anyone stayed at moon or beach palace?
We went to Cancun once and that was enough. It's like a little America but much dirtier. Would not recommend. Although I did look at Moon and it looked pretty nice.

If you want to go to a off beaten path check out Isla Holbox. No cars, banks, tvs it's kinda like stepping back in time. You can rent a golf cart and cruise the island , run over crocks ( oops ) ect..... Pretty awesome. Check out the Xaloc Resort. Not an A.I. but a experience that you just can't find elsewhere.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #48
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
i guess you must of gotten lucky. i wasn't so much lucky. thought it was so so. i slipped them all a dollar bill. damn bartender gave the ladies the best drinks. lol
The biggest thing we see in Jamaica that Americans do wrong and its not to say you did this but you have to leave America in America. You are now on Jamaican time. No rush and no time frame. I'm a nut when it come to being places on time. My wife has to constantly remind me we are on Jamaica time. If you don't remember that you wont have fun.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #49
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
The biggest thing we see in Jamaica that Americans do wrong and its not to say you did this but you have to leave America in America. You are now on Jamaican time. No rush and no time frame. I'm a nut when it come to being places on time. My wife has to constantly remind me we are on Jamaica time. If you don't remember that you wont have fun.
Same problem in the Bahamas....while not actually a problem. Takes a couple days to turn off the militant clock watching.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:10 AM   #50
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Same problem in the Bahamas....while not actually a problem. Takes a couple days to turn off the militant clock watching.
Ya we love watching all the first timers b**** because they are 10 minutes late on something. Do your research people and you will like your trip much better.

No problem mon.