The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #76
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

You know it's time for regular season baseball....Detroit's new closer is pitching like their last several 'closers'.

Francisco Rodriguez gave up 3 runs in the 9th inning to allow Miami to tie the game up 7-7.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #77
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
He's got owned tonight
He is one of the best and I hope he does well this year vs the Giants. I just hope he doesn't beat LA.

Kazmir looked great today. I hope he can stay healthy and help ease the loss of Grienke.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #78
balero
The Big Fellow

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
You know it's time for regular season baseball....Detroit's new closer is pitching like their last several 'closers'.

Francisco Rodriguez gave up 3 runs in the 9th inning to allow Miami to tie the game up 7-7.
K-Rod has suffered velocity loss below 90 mph and he gives up his share of big flies. Despite all that, he has been able to defy aging because he has developed a devastating changeup as an out-pitch. I wouldn't count him out just yet. Like Jonathan Papelbon, he has survived with diminished stuff.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #79
balero
The Big Fellow

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Trevor Story hits home run No. 4!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #80
balero
The Big Fellow

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Rockies">@Rockies</a>' Trevor Story is 1st player in <a href="https://twitter.com/MLB">@MLB</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/hiStory?src=hash">#hiStory</a> to homer in 1st 3 <a href="https://twitter.com/MLB">@MLB</a> games. Watch: <a href="https://t.co/Hip4FXxkOZ">https://t.co/Hip4FXxkOZ</a> <a href="https://t.co/nOe5r5oiAD">pic.twitter.com/nOe5r5oiAD</a></p>&mdash; MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/717804198935597057">April 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 04-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #81
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I honestly think Don Mattingly cost the Dodgers 3 world series wins. 25 runs scored this year to zero allowed. That is a Dodgers record for the first three games.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #82
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Carlos Correa just mashing. I think he very quickly joins the Trout, Harper conversation as best hitter in the league.

Starlin Castro, nice start to his pinstripes career. Change of scenery could do him real good. Start hitting well and Yanks will move him out of the 8 spot.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:02 AM   #83
balero
The Big Fellow

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Carlos Correa just mashing. I think he very quickly joins the Trout, Harper conversation as best hitter in the league.

Starlin Castro, nice start to his pinstripes career. Change of scenery could do him real good. Start hitting well and Yanks will move him out of the 8 spot.
In March 2015, a scout said Correa would be a 500-home run hitter so that opened my eyes. I ended up watching Correa play in person that year in the minors and he made my jaw drop with his play. He was the best player I had ever seen in the minors, and that includes the likes of Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and Andrew McCutchen.

Like Joe Girardi said yesterday, Castro had almost 1,000 hits by age 26. That's impressive. I don't think people realize how good of a career he has enjoyed before coming to New York.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #84
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post

Castro is just in a zone right now. Would love to see him rake all year and become an All Star again.
Had wanted him as a Yankee for some time.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #85
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer

cubs Schwarber out for the season. Torn ACL & LCL.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #86
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
cubs Schwarber out for the season. Torn ACL & LCL.
That is killer. I mean, they have the depth and talent to overcome the injury and not have a hellacious drop off, but my word that's a huge blow.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:46 PM   #87
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Is this a new Baseball thread?!?!? And if so, have I mentioned in it yet that the Angels suck balls this year?
Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 PM   #88
TheRationalist
Psychologist

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Rockies have the hottest player in the league in Trevor Story, and they still suck.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #89
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Cano might be the hottest player in the league. Lets see if he homers again to make it four games in a row.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:20 PM   #90
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by balero View Post
K-Rod has suffered velocity loss below 90 mph and he gives up his share of big flies. Despite all that, he has been able to defy aging because he has developed a devastating changeup as an out-pitch. I wouldn't count him out just yet. Like Jonathan Papelbon, he has survived with diminished stuff.
I'm not counting K-Rod out yet....I think he'll be a fairly good closer for Detroit.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #91
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Cano might be the hottest player in the league. Lets see if he homers again to make it four games in a row.
If he didn't have to play home games in Seattle he would put up some sick numbers.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #92
balero
The Big Fellow

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ross Stripling, making his MLB debut tonight for the Dodgers, was pulled with a no-hitter through 7 1/3 innings by LA manager Dave Roberts. Stripling was at 100 pitches, he appeared he was running out of gas and he had a Tommy John surgery as recently as 2014 so Roberts made a decision to protect him rather than go for history.

The next pitcher Chris Hatcher served up a two-run home run and there went the no-hitter.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:10 PM   #93
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Rockies are going to milk this Story thing for all it's worth because they still suck and this is all they have PR wise to push...
Old 04-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #94
JPPT1974
November to Remember

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!

Yep Rockies are not the team they used to be.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #95
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by balero View Post
Ross Stripling, making his MLB debut tonight for the Dodgers, was pulled with a no-hitter through 7 1/3 innings by LA manager Dave Roberts. Stripling was at 100 pitches, he appeared he was running out of gas and he had a Tommy John surgery as recently as 2014 so Roberts made a decision to protect him rather than go for history.

The next pitcher Chris Hatcher served up a two-run home run and there went the no-hitter.
And they lost. What a kick in the dick.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #96
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Is this a new Baseball thread?!?!? And if so, have I mentioned in it yet that the Angels suck balls this year?
Don't tell that to Roger Lodge as he was spewing the company line on the Angels radio station. He gets everyone so ou.pedal up regardless of the pitching woes coming this season. Shoemaker got hammered and I don't think he got past 4 innings. Only thing good is Dodgers' manager making bad or unpopular decisions and that is a lot of talk now.
Dodgers pitcher goes 7.1 innings of no hit ball and winning 2-0 to Giants. Hatcher gives up a 2 run homer to break up the no no and onto extra innings they go. Of course, most Dodgers fans still can't see their team on tv.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:36 AM   #97
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Don't tell that to Roger Lodge as he was spewing the company line on the Angels radio station. He gets everyone so ou.pedal up regardless of the pitching woes coming this season. Shoemaker got hammered and I don't think he got past 4 innings. Only thing good is Dodgers' manager making bad or unpopular decisions and that is a lot of talk now.
Dodgers pitcher goes 7.1 innings of no hit ball and winning 2-0 to Giants. Hatcher gives up a 2 run homer to break up the no no and onto extra innings they go. Of course, most Dodgers fans still can't see their team on tv.
Gonna be a long, dark, cold season.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #98
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://deadspin.com/puke-eating-butt...ing-1770147479

Puke Eating & Butt-Hat Licking: Yesterday In Disgusting Baseball Fan Behavior
Old 04-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #99
TheRationalist
Psychologist

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Reyes charges dropped.

Trade bait?

http://www.sportal.co.nz/article/new...31qepd8fe6h9hd
Old 04-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #100
balero
The Big Fellow

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRationalist View Post
Unfortunately, the Rockies appear to be stuck with Reyes.

Even though the charges were dropped, Reyes is looking at a lengthy suspension after Aroldis Chapman got 30 games for a domestic incident that he was never arrested or charged for.

Chapman is still elite though. Reyes not only has the domestic abuse black cloud hanging over his head, but he is a subpar offensive and defensive player that is owed $22 million in 2017.

The Rockies will be fortunate if someone just takes him and eats some money. There's no way they are getting any value back in return outside of a fringe prospect.
Closed Thread