The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
wolf754life
HORSE FACE GM
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
THE GHOST of HORSEFACE GM

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,416
Default Massive i-70 Pileup

Missouri
Unbelievable footage from the pileup on I-70 today. My jaw dropped to the floor first time I saw this video. pic.twitter.com/kKeauYDlfG
— Dante' Jones (@Dantej21) February 15, 2019

Last edited by wolf754life; 02-16-2019 at 11:22 AM..
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 80,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Maybe they're going too fast for the conditions? Ya think?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 17,383

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez
Default

Where is that?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 37,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Maybe they're going too fast for the conditions? Ya think?
Yeah, probably "only" going about 35-40mph but probably with very limited visibility.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #5
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 17,383

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez
Default

That’s in Missouri. Around Kansas City. 47 car pileup.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
gob1gred
Grinder
 
gob1gred's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 465

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Thatís in Missouri. Around Kansas City. 47 car pileup.
Missouri is awful.
gob1gred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #7
balero
Orange Mane Raiders GM
 
balero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

balero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #8
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 34,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

None of those people know how to drive in snow.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I wouldn't say they dont know how to drive but it has more to do with getting caught in lost visibility where you are screwed if someone wrecks in front of you. You know you shouldn't be driving but cant stop because that guarantees you will get hit from behind. You have to keep chugging on and hope it is clear in front of you. I've encountered those conditions a few times on I80 in Wyoming and whatever the freeway between Fresno and Bakersfield is in the fog.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #10
Black96WS6
Ring of Famer
 
Black96WS6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Thatís in Missouri. Around Kansas City. 47 car pileup.
So...Chiefs country then?

Hicksville?
Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #11
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 41,029
Default

This is a major display in human stupidity. You literally see 2 big ass semis at a full stop and you dart into the lane between them and don't stop...
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:12 PM   #12
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
This is a major display in human stupidity. You literally see 2 big ass semis at a full stop and you dart into the lane between them and don't stop...
You cant stop by the time you see traffic is stopped. You could serve into the grass possibly if there is no cars there yet.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 34,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I wouldn't say they dont know how to drive but it has more to do with getting caught in lost visibility where you are screwed if someone wrecks in front of you. You know you shouldn't be driving but cant stop because that guarantees you will get hit from behind. You have to keep chugging on and hope it is clear in front of you. I've encountered those conditions a few times on I80 in Wyoming and whatever the freeway between Fresno and Bakersfield is in the fog.

None of them have chains on. Thatís problem number 1. The visibility is at least 2 truck lengths, which is more than going up and down highway 50 from Tahoe. Or the Tully fog on highway 99 you mention. Every one of them is going too fast. That semi that comes up on the side is going far too fast no matter the visibility.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 02-16-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #14
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gob1gred View Post
Missouri is awful.
I hope Drew Lock is okay.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 37,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You cant stop by the time you see traffic is stopped. You could serve into the grass possibly if there is no cars there yet.
Yeah, people clearly don't understand what it is they're seeing here.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 34,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yeah, people clearly don't understand what it is they're seeing here.
I know what Iím seeing. And Iím seeing people driving way too fast without chains.


No worse roads than highway 50 and 89 in Tahoe. These people wouldnít get through checkpoints.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:46 PM   #17
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 11,381
Default

1 40 between flagstaff and kingman is a nightmare of black ice most winters.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #18
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
"Come with me if you want to live."

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SkyNet
Posts: 8,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Stay safe brother. Cali people don't know how to drive in this white stuff. They try to snort it.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #19
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 34,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Stay safe brother. Cali people don't know how to drive in this white stuff. They try to snort it.


Except Cali people arenít dumb enough to go to Missouri.


We can surf and snowboard in the same day, all while knowing how to get there in a 4WD.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #20
69bronco
Ring of Famer
 
69bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 6,733
Default

The only thing I worry about on snowpacked highways is getting hit by idiots. Stay out of the left lane if you donít go atleast the speed limit on snow also.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #21
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
None of them have chains on. Thatís problem number 1. The visibility is at least 2 truck lengths, which is more than going up and down highway 50 from Tahoe. Or the Tully fog on highway 99 you mention. Every one of them is going too fast. That semi that comes up on the side is going far too fast no matter the visibility.
2 semi lengths is 100 to 120 feet. If you are on that ice even at 10 mph you arent stopping. It is an obvious situation of what I mentioned earlier. Everyone was in that train where you cant slow down or stop or you are getting rear ended and there is going to be a pile up if one person goes down. Chains wont save you on ice as metal slides real nice on I've packed roads. Nothing will you are screwed if you have to stop.

I remember those chain checkpoints over donners as a kid. Those roads get pretty bad but the freezing rain you get other places is the worst.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #22
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 11,381
Default

isn't Missouri the snow me state ?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #23
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 17,725
Default

1) there are no coincidences
2) people were driving too fast for the visibility
3) 4wd isn't worth a **** without the right tires. I've seen more 4wd drive trucks in the ditch from people who think because they have it and their trucks are big they are good to go. Nonsense. Put chains on and or snow tires.
4). Tough situation. Missouri is miserable.
5). I'm hoping that since Denver sorta has had a winter that the Californias and Texans go back home.
6). Winter driving sucks in general
7) there are no coincidences
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #24
MamaMia
Ring of Famer
 
MamaMia's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I know what Iím seeing. And Iím seeing people driving way too fast without chains.


No worse roads than highway 50 and 89 in Tahoe. These people wouldnít get through checkpoints.
chains??

you're talking about something completely different and specific to your region.. this is just a pretty normal snow fall on a regular interstate with low visibility involving people that just aren't used to driving in snow that often.
MamaMia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #25
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 34,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
2 semi lengths is 100 to 120 feet. If you are on that ice even at 10 mph you arent stopping. It is an obvious situation of what I mentioned earlier. Everyone was in that train where you cant slow down or stop or you are getting rear ended and there is going to be a pile up if one person goes down. Chains wont save you on ice as metal slides real nice on I've packed roads. Nothing will you are screwed if you have to stop.

I remember those chain checkpoints over donners as a kid. Those roads get pretty bad but the freezing rain you get other places is the worst.


They salt the roads after checkpoints. But thereís no question they are driving too fast. The cars going opposite way(at end of video) are driving the correct speed. Thereís one driver who stopped and itís the green Jeep.


They are just going too fast for the conditions.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 02-16-2019 at 02:16 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Denver Broncos