The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #176
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
iirc, i read that they did last year and the Broncos went either 0-4 or 0-5 and lost by an average of 20 ppg

so it didn't appear to work too well then.
Well, it's not like we were winning all the other games....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #177
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
OH MAN, who knew when the schedule came out that we'd have an early game? Someone should notify the Broncos! They JUST found out. Can't change plans this late! Other sarcastic comment! I hope it doesn't break the bank. Maybe they can stay at a Microtel instead and get 2 for 1 points?
We do know some of their players were comfortable at the la Quinta inn
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #178
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
iirc, i read that they did last year and the Broncos went either 0-4 or 0-5 and lost by an average of 20 ppg

so it didn't appear to work too well then.
My guess is this is more coincidence than anything. Unless its a 20 year trend of it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #179
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,920

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default




GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #180
itswutz4dinna
Siemster's Union Member
 
itswutz4dinna's Avatar
 
Catch the ball, Elway

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,193

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Only 5 picks is nice to see, but the 6 interceptions is concerning.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #181
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 7,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Fox was the 1st Broncos coach I remember leaving for road games on Friday instead of Saturday. But, now that I think of it, I think the success came more from Manning than the departure day.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #182
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Third of Four
Posts: 19,873

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
iirc, i read that they did last year and the Broncos went either 0-4 or 0-5 and lost by an average of 20 ppg

so it didn't appear to work too well then.
Yeah, that's the reasoning going to a Saturday travel day. I heard Atwater (and Stokley) say he and a lot of players prefer a Friday travel day. The brass is saying they feel the team should be more focused for the game.

I can understand the expense and logistics thing, they go hand-in-hand. Two nights at the hotel, arranging and paying for extra bus trips to-from the hotel to a practice field for a Saturday practice, arranging a practice field.

I understand the player perspective also, quick travel is hectic, it's difficult to get a good nights sleep when you're hustling and bustling from Dove Valley to DIA, to the landing field, hustle to the bus, hustle from bus to hotel room, try to get settled in, then BLAM you get a 0600 wakeup call.

As for last year, the coaching staff and team was pretty crappy at home as well, so maybe they should have kept a Friday travel day.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #183
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 11,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Yeah, that's the reasoning going to a Saturday travel day. I heard Atwater (and Stokley) say he and a lot of players prefer a Friday travel day. The brass is saying they feel the team should be more focused for the game.

I can understand the expense and logistics thing, they go hand-in-hand. Two nights at the hotel, arranging and paying for extra bus trips to-from the hotel to a practice field for a Saturday practice, arranging a practice field.

I understand the player perspective also, quick travel is hectic, it's difficult to get a good nights sleep when you're hustling and bustling from Dove Valley to DIA, to the landing field, hustle to the bus, hustle from bus to hotel room, try to get settled in, then BLAM you get a 0600 wakeup call.

As for last year, the coaching staff and team was pretty crappy at home as well, so maybe they should have kept a Friday travel day.
Not a single road game has been played this season yet and you're suggesting that they "maybe should have kept Friday"...

Seriously?
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #184
Guess Who
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,099
Default

gonna be low scoring or Denver will get blown out.

I am waiting for Denver's defense to fold.

that being said Denver 19, Baltimore 16
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #185
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 7,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
Only 5 picks is nice to see, but the 6 interceptions is concerning.
He'll might have 6 by halftime from what I've seen...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:48 PM   #186
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Getting there on Friday just means a late night and hungover players on Saturday. If Fox would have listened to Manning and suspended Von for the Texans game for staying out until daylight, he wouldn't have got hurt that Sunday.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:23 AM   #187
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 7,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Getting there on Friday just means a late night and hungover players on Saturday. If Fox would have listened to Manning and suspended Von for the Texans game for staying out until daylight, he wouldn't have got hurt that Sunday.
I donít remember that story.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:57 AM   #188
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I donít remember that story.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/v...eyton-manning/
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #189
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Was hoping this would be the beginning of the end of Marshall and the emergence of Jewell.
UberBroncoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #190
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 7,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Thanks. Von has really grown up a lot over the past 5 years. I think Demarcus Ware was invaluable to him in his growth as a player & person.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #191
stoxman
Ring of Famer
 
stoxman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Forsyth, IL
Posts: 1,314

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Was hoping this would be the beginning of the end of Marshall and the emergence of Jewell.
No doubt. You never wish injury on a player but sometimes the coaches have to be forced into sitting a ****ty veteran (or underperforming vet) in favor of a more talented younger/inexperienced player who can help the ballclub.

See Tyrod Taylor vs. Baker Mayfield.

That said, we now may have a less than 100% Brandon Marshall out there getting torched on pass plays to the RB and TE :-(.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:56 PM   #192
69bronco
Ring of Famer
 
69bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 6,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Was hoping this would be the beginning of the end of Marshall and the emergence of Jewell.
Yea Marshall is hot garbage, time for Josey
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #193
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 9,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
Yea Marshall is hot garbage, time for Josey
If your hope is that jewel is going to be better in pass coverage, I have some bad news for you. That kid is slow as hell.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #194
69bronco
Ring of Famer
 
69bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 6,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
If your hope is that jewel is going to be better in pass coverage, I have some bad news for you. That kid is slow as hell.
Itíd be hard to be worse than Marshall at this point, not much to lose.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #195
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
If your hope is that jewel is going to be better in pass coverage, I have some bad news for you. That kid is slow as hell.
And yet was very good in coverage in college.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #196
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection
 
Natedogg's Avatar
 
Mile High.

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Narcville, USA
Posts: 2,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry
Default

Reminder: Terrell Suggs poured bleach on his son. https://www.google.com/amp/www.balti...story,amp.html I'll be in Baltimore telling the trash in purple this all day long. Wish me well.

Last edited by Natedogg; 09-23-2018 at 04:47 AM..
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:17 PM   #197
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 9,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And yet was very good in coverage in college.
Where everyone is as slow as he is.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #198
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 8,036
Default

does anybody have any proof of marshall "sucking" or is that just one of the Orangemane conclusions? some stats or scouting reports wouldnt hurt this message board occasionally.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #199
505bronco
Pro Bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 643

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
does anybody have any proof of marshall "sucking" or is that just one of the Orangemane conclusions? some stats or scouting reports wouldnt hurt this message board occasionally.
You should know by now, most can't be bothered with facts.....lol
That wouldn't help their ****ty narrative.....
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:24 AM   #200
Orange_pride77
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Orange_pride77's Avatar
 
OMP since '02.

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
You should know by now, most can't be bothered with facts.....lol
That wouldn't help their ****ty narrative.....
Him sucking for the most part is that he rarely makes any impact plays.
Trevathon for example made some key plays that really impacted games-that I and most Broncos fans remember. I just canít remember in the last 2 seasons Marshall making any.

So itís like he sucks but he doesnít suck really bad. And itís not like the defense seemed much different when Jewell was in for him. Now you can take that however you want, but if the rook comes in and heís playing at the same level as a vet in Marsh, and heís only going to get better... why do you think the coaches are letting him play? Dudes going to continue to get snaps and opportunities to show why the coaches should leave him in over Marsh.
Orange_pride77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Denver Broncos