The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #126
Greatspirits
Oh-doh-hee-yu

Ready for some Swag!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Outlaw

Just finished watching the series last night, both my wife and I thought it was terrific, can't wait for season 2!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #127
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, KK is one of my fav movies ever, but I always found it a bit funny that people cared so much about a youth karate tournament in the valley.

Also, in KK2, its kinda hilarious that Daniel-San goes to Okinawa with this dude he still doesn't know THAT well, and somehow he gets involved in a fight for his survival. I want that scene where Miyagi thinks "how the hell am I gonna explain this to his mother". (though its possible I'm remembering this movie wrong)
Some tournament in the valley?!!?
You shut your whore mouth!!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:46 PM   #128
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #129
tsmarine1
Solid Starter

Formerly,tsmarine5

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I can't say again how excited I am that people really caught on to liking this.I think it would have even been big had Netflix picked up on this.How they passed on this is beyond me...it's a gold mine.

The Karate Kid series has a huge fan base.By Karate Kid ....I mean Daniel LaRusso not those other two phonies!
tsmarine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:19 AM   #130
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmarine1 View Post
I can't say again how excited I am that people really caught on to liking this.I think it would have even been big had Netflix picked up on this.How they passed on this is beyond me...it's a gold mine.

The Karate Kid series has a huge fan base.By Karate Kid ....I mean Daniel LaRusso not those other two phonies!
Zabka is the Karate Kid...not the bully from Jersey.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:30 AM   #131
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Zabka is the Karate Kid...not the bully from Jersey.
Larusso is just a Jerk Bully from highs school.

Sells people the True Coat as an adult.
jmz313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #132
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmarine1 View Post

Yet Netflix missed the boat on it.
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #133
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

http://deadline.com/2018/05/cobra-ka...ow-1202397797/

Quote:
Following Martin Kove’s appearance in the Season 1 finale of Cobra Kai, the Karate Kid alum is joining the cast of YouTube Red’s Karate Kid followup as a series regular for its recently ordered second season. He will continue to reprise his villainous Karate Kid character of John Kreese.

In the critically praised dramedy Cobra Kai, from Sony Pictures Television and Overbrook Entertainment, Ralph Macchio and William Zabka reprise their roles from the Karate Kid film franchise. The epic adversaries return to the dojo, thirty years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament. A down-and-out Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai karate dojo, reigniting his rivalry with a now successful Daniel LaRusso (Macchio), who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:54 PM   #134
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Finished this show the other night, and thought it was great even though I was never a huge Karare Kid fan. I thought the reversed symmetry in Daniel and Johnny's life was quite interesting, though it will be interesting to see how they run with that going forward.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:21 PM   #135
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Old 05-26-2018, 11:25 PM   #136
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Old 05-30-2018, 08:17 PM   #137
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

'Cobra Kai': Ralph Macchio never pictured his 'Karate Kid' hero as a car salesman

'Cobra Kai': Ralph Macchio never pictured his 'Karate Kid' hero as a car salesman

There have been plenty of surprises to come from Cobra Kai, the new YouTube Premium series that reboots the Karate Kid film series launched in 1984. First and foremost, it’s surprising just how good the web series is: Cobra Kai has drawn an overwhelmingly positive reaction from fans, strong reviews, and impressive metrics (so far more than 36 million viewers have streamed the first episode, which you can watch for free).

The show also re-enters the lives of the original film’s main characters, not through the point of view of hero Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) but of his high school nemesis, Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka). And much like a viral video from two years ago called “Daniel Is the REAL Bully,” Cobra Kai makes you sympathize with Johnny (now a struggling handyman) in the present day and rethink his character’s entire past. Take, for instance, the fact that it was Daniel who moved in on Johnny’s girlfriend (Elisabeth Shue) or that Johnny was being emotionally tormented by the wicked sensei Kreese (Martin Kove).

“I think everyone polishes their past and sees it through their own lens, and we’re seeing it through Johnny’s lens, which I think is skewed a little bit,” Zabka, 52, told Yahoo Entertainment (watch above), when he dropped by our studios with Macchio and Kove. “But I think coming in through Johnny’s eyes this way has been a fun approach into the universe of Karate Kid. It’s a smart way in.”

Through Johnny’s eyes, Daniel is the villain. LaRusso, the former teen champ whose questionably legal crane kick defeated Lawrence, is now a wealthy car dealership magnate, a clever twist on the “wax on, wax off” training methods of his late mentor, Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita).

Macchio, 56, admits he was surprised by the direction in which the show’s creators — Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg, and Josh Heald — took his iconic character.

“There was a decent amount that felt like not necessarily where I would have gone if I wrote it,” Macchio said. “Fortunately, I didn’t write it, and Jon, Josh, and Hayden did.

“So I had to let go and trust the fan fiction of it all. As far as being the auto king of the San Fernando Valley and doing these car commercials, I probably wouldn’t have gone in that direction. I said, ‘I see it’s funny, we just need to make it real.’ And we found that balance together.”

complete article, silly Yahoo comments and video
Old 05-31-2018, 04:31 AM   #138
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, KK is one of my fav movies ever, but I always found it a bit funny that people cared so much about a youth karate tournament in the valley.

Also, in KK2, its kinda hilarious that Daniel-San goes to Okinawa with this dude he still doesn't know THAT well, and somehow he gets involved in a fight for his survival. I want that scene where Miyagi thinks "how the hell am I gonna explain this to his mother". (though its possible I'm remembering this movie wrong)
Pretty sure KK2 starts after senior prom, and Daniel only turns 16 in KK1, so there are roughly 2 years in there where Miyagi is essentially his surrogate father. If you remember, Daniel's mother was moving away for a job, and she and Miyagi had agreed that Daniel could stay with him. Miyagi's father falling ill threw a wrench into that initial plan, but Daniel blew part of his college savings to pay his own way to Okinawa with Master Miyagi.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:54 AM   #139
Broncoblood32
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Just watched this. I figured you may get a kick out of this. Pretty interesting.

Broncoblood32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:16 AM   #140
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
Just watched this. I figured you may get a kick out of this. Pretty interesting.

that was excellent, thanks
Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 PM   #141
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I would have never started watching this series this until you guys started talking about how good it was.

I've only watched a few episodes so far, but it's pretty damn good.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:57 PM   #142
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I would have never started watching this series this until you guys started talking about how good it was.

It's all on Dirty.

Most of us probably never would've never tried it without him. Although a lot of that has to do with it being on Youtube Red.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:23 PM   #143
Greatspirits
Oh-doh-hee-yu

Ready for some Swag!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

Yep, me too! Even though my wife saw the trailer about a month ago she thought it was a joke. After binge watching Ozark and Stranger Things we we're looking for something else to watch.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:32 PM   #144
Broncoblood32
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Another thing I found for Karate Kid fans. Funny stuff with Chozen from Karate Kid 2. It also has Tamlyn Tomita in it. By the way, she is a lot hotter now....

Broncoblood32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #145
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

Bring the pain

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

"What kind of man doesn't like Speedwagon?" Lol.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote