The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default Horrible play calling by Musgrave

2 runs at the end on the game.

Refusing to call plays for specific players (Sutton).

Lack of play action to keep pass rush at bay.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
Johnny Football
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 162

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I disagree. You have a quarterback who again threw a dumb redzone interception, a left tackle who can't help himself but hold in passing situations, and a solid run game with a powerful back like Freeman in a 1 yard to go situation, I have no issues with it and I don't trust Case at all.

The funny thing is when players execute the plays, the play calls are great decisions, but when the players don't execute, it's all on the play caller. When Freeman took it in for a touchdown on a run from inside the 5, was that a bad play call ? It's the same thing, just the players executed.
Johnny Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 3,126
Default

He has no confidence in the offense, what else can he do? Case throws a 5 yard pass to an open receiver who is 9 yards down the field
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 7,314

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Why does it always seem that when another defense is banged up, they have no problems making adjustments; but when we are banged up, it shows badly?
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 17,253

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley
Default

The play calling wasn't great and I don't mind the unconventional but you have to get a read on the game. Keenum and the OL clearly were struggling all damn day. Coming out of halftime, down 6 points, we should have started committing to the run. Seemed like it was there we just didn't really go for it early. Kept throwing and getting Keenum drilled. He did some of that on his own, but Ravens DL beat our ass on the OL.

Change the game, keep it close, stop going 3 and out. Burn some clock. We kept getting hit, getting in 2nd/3rd and long from hold calls and completely abandoned. Before we knew it were were down 13 pts.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
I disagree. You have a quarterback who again threw a dumb redzone interception, a left tackle who can't help himself but hold in passing situations, and a solid run game with a powerful back like Freeman in a 1 yard to go situation, I have no issues with it and I don't trust Case at all.

The funny thing is when players execute the plays, the play calls are great decisions, but when the players don't execute, it's all on the play caller. When Freeman took it in for a touchdown on a run from inside the 5, was that a bad play call ? It's the same thing, just the players executed.

Itís 2nd and 3rd and 1. Time huge factor. Right at the goal line.

Running plays donít work? Time still runs.

Passing play doesnít work time stops.

That moment isnít the time to try and manage the game passively.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 53,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

So our weak armed QB cannot throw late over the middle of the field so why not throw more bubble screens or to the backs in the flats? Everything seems to be downfield.

We have DT who was the best Bubble screen WR in the NFL and 2 rookies who have shown a willingness to block. Sanders too. Get rid of the ball behind the LOS where it can't get picked and let DT, Sutton, and Sanders get YAC on easy pitch and catch plays?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #8
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
KELLY in 2018

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Why does it always seem that when another defense is banged up, they have no problems making adjustments; but when we are banged up, it shows badly?
C'mon

you can do better...

spin this one...

you got this...

yeah, it may take more work than usual, but you are up to the HOMER cause...

get to work fanboy

POLISH ALL THESE MAHOGANY TURDS!
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #9
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
I disagree. You have a quarterback who again threw a dumb redzone interception, a left tackle who can't help himself but hold in passing situations, and a solid run game with a powerful back like Freeman in a 1 yard to go situation, I have no issues with it and I don't trust Case at all.

The funny thing is when players execute the plays, the play calls are great decisions, but when the players don't execute, it's all on the play caller. When Freeman took it in for a touchdown on a run from inside the 5, was that a bad play call ? It's the same thing, just the players executed.
This. Mustgrave is simply dealing with a back up QB who he can't trust to make the throws. It's just a simple "case" of a o coordinator who doesn't trust his QB.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
This. Mustgrave is simply dealing with a back up QB who he can't trust to make the throws. It's just a simple "case" of a o coordinator who doesn't trust his QB.
thatís extremely dumb logic.

So we are running it every single down there? Even if we convert for the first, weíre running every single play even if it takes us 4 tries?

Do you even know how much time would be left on the clock?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #11
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
thatís extremely dumb logic.

So we are running it every single down there? Even if we convert for the first, weíre running every single play even if it takes us 4 tries?

Do you even know how much time would be left on the clock?
Your just butthurt and looking for a scapegoat.
His name is Case Keenum.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 53,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
thatís extremely dumb logic.

So we are running it every single down there? Even if we convert for the first, weíre running every single play even if it takes us 4 tries?

Do you even know how much time would be left on the clock?
They didn't trust the QB to complete a pass.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #13
wicked bronco
Ring of Famer
 
wicked bronco's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,088

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

There was bad play calling all game. Keenum most of the time stood around trying to find someone open. How does that happen in a west coast offense? A RB or TE should be open even if the play breaks down. Apparently the Broncos are the first team to run the west coast offense without utilizing the RB's, TE's and FB's in the passing game. Very revolutionary.

I think Musgrave is confused as to whether he has a QB with a cannon arm that can throw bombs down the field or a QB with a weak arm that needs to stick with 4-5 yard passes to his RB's. I just see a lot of confusion with the entire team.
wicked bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #14
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Your just butthurt and looking for a scapegoat.
His name is Case Keenum.
No Iím trying to understand your logic. And the obvious conclusion is that it makes no sense.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #15
Powderaddict
Saw Lady Gaga
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Treasonous Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Granada Nicaragua
Posts: 5,642

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
C'mon

you can do better...

spin this one...

you got this...

yeah, it may take more work than usual, but you are up to the HOMER cause...

get to work fanboy

POLISH ALL THESE MAHOGANY TURDS!
Hey,

**** off
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #16
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
They didn't trust the QB to complete a pass.
I doubt thatís the case


He was at 64.7% today.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #17
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
No Iím trying to understand your logic. And the obvious conclusion is that it makes no sense.
And yet that's what Musgrave did. Time to hit he spa Capt Butthurt.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #18
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
And yet that's what Musgrave did. Time to hit he spa Capt Butthurt.
Hence this thread being called horrible play calling by musgrave.

You keep waiving like an autistic kid.

Your posts make so much more sense now...
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #19
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Both times we threw it up to DT and Sutton today, it was was 2 huge receptions.

Why not take advantage of match ups on the outside?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #20
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked bronco View Post
There was bad play calling all game. Keenum most of the time stood around trying to find someone open. How does that happen in a west coast offense? A RB or TE should be open even if the play breaks down. Apparently the Broncos are the first team to run the west coast offense without utilizing the RB's, TE's and FB's in the passing game. Very revolutionary.

I think Musgrave is confused as to whether he has a QB with a cannon arm that can throw bombs down the field or a QB with a weak arm that needs to stick with 4-5 yard passes to his RB's. I just see a lot of confusion with the entire team.
There were guys open all day. Keenum wasnít throwing the ball because he sucks.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #21
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
KELLY in 2018

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!
Default

musgrave kept ruiningdrill bits by running the ball for 3 yards all 4th quarter.


even with under 3 minutes


stubborn.


almost like he was trying to protect his "PET" ball holding, weak armed, scared, overwhelmed over achiever ball forcing overpaid vet QB.


hmmmm
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #22
wicked bronco
Ring of Famer
 
wicked bronco's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,088

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There were guys open all day. Keenum wasnít throwing the ball because he sucks.
I can't see the entire field from my computer screen but the lack of passes to the RB's and TE's is very noticeable, whatever the reason.
wicked bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #23
orange skier
Who is Kyle Sloter..?
 
orange skier's Avatar
 
30 runs per game: we're unbeatable

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Above Tree Line
Posts: 667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Swag-ster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There were guys open all day. Keenum wasnít throwing the ball because he sucks.
Keenum had a horrible, terrible game. He looked like Tyrod Taylor. Could not convince himself to pull the trigger. He didnít have the afraid look of terror that Siemian had last season, he just looked lost. You donít want your $18 million QB looking lost. There were plenty of open receivers. We can now see clearly why Minnesota was willing to pay whatever it took to get someone else, and they let Keenum walk for nothing....
Coaching is not any better this year. I hope we can put something in place to get some of this corrected. That was an ugly, ugly game.
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #24
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked bronco View Post
I can't see the entire field from my computer screen but the lack of passes to the RB's and TE's is very noticeable, whatever the reason.
It is, and it was last year as well. And that in a league that seems to be using the TE and RB in the passing game a lot more.

I listened to the game on KOA today. They can see the whole field sitting up in the broadcast booth. Several times they said "Keenum couldn't find anybody open", which I assume means nobody was clearly open. There were a few times when they said somebody appeared to be open and Keenum missed them. Keenum isn't good enough to throw players open so the Broncos need to utilize more quick hitting plays the way I assume Minnesota did last year.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #25
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,808

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It is, and it was last year as well. And that in a league that seems to be using the TE and RB in the passing game a lot more.

I listened to the game on KOA today. They can see the whole field sitting up in the broadcast booth. Several times they said "Keenum couldn't find anybody open", which I assume means nobody was clearly open. There were a few times when they said somebody appeared to be open and Keenum missed them. Keenum isn't good enough to throw players open so the Broncos need to utilize more quick hitting plays the way I assume Minnesota did last year.
I could see that. DT cant beat 1 on 1 anymore and the TE and RBs sure cant. Bronco fans do t want to hear it but there is a real lack of weapons and when they do make a play 72 is there to hold.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Denver Broncos