The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Default Yellowstone on Paramount Network

Anyone getting into the TV show that is directed by the guy that wrote Sicario & Hell or Highwater?
It got bad reviews from critics at first, then it got great reviews from audiences and really good ratings. So good that It was renewed for a second season only a few shows into it's first season.

Anyway its on tonight, Wednesday 8-15-2018, starting its two part season finale (part 2 of the season finale will air on 8-22)

It is kind of like the old Dallas tv show meets Hell or Highwater plus...
Kelly Reilly is excellent in it as Kevin Costner's crazy daughter. They got some pretty landscapes and pretty good action. But there are slow cowboy moments too that remind me of when TV shows and movies were made for people that had more than 3 seconds of attention span. This one has some depth that requires a few moments like that to accentuate the not peaceful moments, of which there are plenty.

I think that Taylor Sheridan knows how to tell stories.

I liked it enough that I bought it on Amazon streaming.
(That way I could watch it at my convenience.)

Last edited by Old Coyote; 08-15-2018 at 06:25 PM..
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I've watched it all and am rapidly losing interest. I don't understand the need to put in bullshiat medical drama. Not like everything else is as ridiculous, but they jumped the shark with the hemicolectomy details and incision. Sigh...
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #3
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I've watched it all and am rapidly losing interest. I don't understand the need to put in bullshiat medical drama. Not like everything else is as ridiculous, but they jumped the shark with the hemicolectomy details and incision. Sigh...
Hahaha...

Maybe There's an episode where a guy named Req eats a poop? Hahaha...

But yeah. I don't even know what the deal is with what you pointed out. Some of it is strange, but we shall see how part Two of the finale works out. Tonight's episode wasn't bad.

I like the fights mostly. That first episode with the helicopter and cowboys going to battle with the American Indians... That was pretty good for TV. Felt like a movie with a big budget... And like I said Kelly Reilly is excellent as a lost daughter that is acting out...

I'm still on board.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coyote View Post
Anyone getting into the TV show that is directed by the guy that wrote Sicario & Hell or Highwater?
It got bad reviews from critics at first, then it got great reviews from audiences and really good ratings. So good that It was renewed for a second season only a few shows into it's first season.

Anyway its on tonight, Wednesday 8-15-2018, starting its two part season finale (part 2 of the season finale will air on 8-22)

It is kind of like the old Dallas tv show meets Hell or Highwater plus...
Kelly Reilly is excellent in it as Kevin Costner's crazy daughter. They got some pretty landscapes and pretty good action. But there are slow cowboy moments too that remind me of when TV shows and movies were made for people that had more than 3 seconds of attention span. This one has some depth that requires a few moments like that to accentuate the not peaceful moments, of which there are plenty.

I think that Taylor Sheridan knows how to tell stories.

I liked it enough that I bought it on Amazon streaming.
(That way I could watch it at my convenience.)
I am going to have to DL it for my mom.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:36 AM   #5
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

It's pretty good. I mean if you liked Sicario, its the same writer. He directs it too. Last thing he directed before Yellowstone was called "Wind River" where he won best director at Cannes film festival.

So it is well made.

Its not Dallas though. I guess that was a bad way to say it.... Because it is Not that tame at all. Its like if Dallas met Deadwood mixed with the sopranos. Emphasis on the last two.