The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #51
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If only we had more guns. Then this type of thing would happen less often.
Or more regulations that are not enforced.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #52
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
It's not misleading to point out that the HOMICIDE portion of total gun related deaths, in CA, has been on a significant decline since the argument was about how CA are "soft targets" due to significant gun control laws in-state.

Criticizing California for being "average" in gun related homicide rates (the U.S. avg is 3.6 and CA is 3.5 per 100,000) while ignoring the other gun related deaths (accidental, suicide) is ludicrous.

When we're talking about public safety, to say that accidental and suicide deaths don't count is, as you say, misleading. All combined, CA is in the top-10 of all states in total gun deaths. And the regs correlate to the overall significant decline over the past 15 years.
You responded to a 'soft target' statement by characterizing the 15th highest (per capita) state for gun murders as "one of the lowest" by dragging in suicide numbers that have absolutely nothing to do with "soft targets"

And then you went on to try to deceive further by posting some article talking about 'change' in gun death rates, which anyone worth his salt can tell you is mostly simple demographics... all to try to drown out your original mis-characterization.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #53
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Thots and prayers
That's what the judge said when he released this clown on bail.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:32 AM   #54
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 15,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
How does this happen in California?

The gun laws of California are the most restrictive in the United States.
Donít you morons usually say itís chicago with the most restrictive gun laws in the US? Or has that been debunked enough times that you actually pulled your head out of your ass?
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #55
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

maybe it's time we have the discussion about outlawing Californians as well.... I also proposed we send Tesla and BMW drivers to the pit of misery as well.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #56
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,756

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
maybe it's time we have the discussion about outlawing Californians as well.... I also proposed we send Tesla and BMW drivers to the pit of misery as well.
What about Prius? Everyone hates pompous Prius drivers.... Has Tesla replaced them?
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #57
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 76,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Is this the same poll that claimed Hillary was a lock?
Really?

Trying to equate a public opinion poll on guns with a pre-election poll?

That's pretty desperate.

BTW, every poll (except one, IIRC) had Hillary as a lock.

The exit polls didn't jibe with the polls pre-election.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #58
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 5,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You responded to a 'soft target' statement by characterizing the 15th highest (per capita) state for gun murders as "one of the lowest" by dragging in suicide numbers that have absolutely nothing to do with "soft targets"

And then you went on to try to deceive further by posting some article talking about 'change' in gun death rates, which anyone worth his salt can tell you is mostly simple demographics... all to try to drown out your original mis-characterization.
Lol

WRONG
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #59
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Lol

WRONG
Good one

BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #60
Bronx33
Douche Mod
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 50,081

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von
Default

Pirate logic!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #61
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
What about Prius? Everyone hates pompous Prius drivers.... Has Tesla replaced them?
Yes Tesla drivers have replaced all other groups as the single most annoying population in the US. Their pomp arrogance and elitism bring new levels of douchery to what should be a rather cool brand with innovative tech.

Cross fitters, Paleo dieters, Raw Vegans, BMW drivers, and Cyclists canít hold a candle to the levels that the Tesla crowd is rising to.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:05 PM   #62
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,756

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Yes Tesla drivers have replaced all other groups as the single most annoying population in the US. Their pomp arrogance and elitism bring new levels of douchery to what should be a rather cool brand with innovative tech.

Cross fitters, Paleo dieters, Raw Vegans, BMW drivers, and Cyclists canít hold a candle to the levels that the Tesla crowd is rising to.
I have never met anyone who owned a Tesla.....
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Denver Broncos