The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #76
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I changed my tune. KC can outscore anyone anytime so yes defense may be overrated now.
KC is in the enviable position of having a 2-3 window the be dominant and make some runs... when they will be in trouble in when Mahommes comes up for his new contract...

I don't know, I still build a defensive Demon if I'm Denver. nothing sticks in my head more than that Seahawks Super Bowl/ and that Panthers Super Bowl.... seemed unstoppable in the first, vast underdogs in latter.... Defense still wins rings, or at least is has until the NFL makes Defense and afterthought with rule changes...
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #77
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960

cooking up a victory

great freaking game !
It was like watching elway VS montana.
excellent football
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #78
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
KC is in the enviable position of having a 2-3 window the be dominant and make some runs... when they will be in trouble in when Mahommes comes up for his new contract...

I don't know, I still build a defensive Demon if I'm Denver. nothing sticks in my head more than that Seahawks Super Bowl/ and that Panthers Super Bowl.... seemed unstoppable in the first, vast underdogs in latter.... Defense still wins rings, or at least is has until the NFL makes Defense and afterthought with rule changes...
It's way too hard to build a defense like those teams had. It takes a great team and a good QB. Look at Jacksonville this year. Defense is full of studs yet they cant stop anyone.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #79
CEH
Ring of Famer

NFL needs to attract the millenials. They are on their phones . Phones = fantasy football. Fantasy football is about points. Points are scored by the offense.

"NFL football is a modified college system now" - Tom Brady

Denver needs to recognize the direction.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #80
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

I know it won't be popular around here but that KC offense is fun as hell to watch.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #81
Greatspirits
Oh-doh-hee-yu

Ready for some Swag!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
NFL needs to attract the millenials. They are on their phones . Phones = fantasy football. Fantasy football is about points. Points are scored by the offense.

"NFL football is a modified college system now" - Tom Brady

Denver needs to recognize the direction.
Exactly, with all the changes to protect the quarterback I'm not sure you can build a defense to stop all this scoring. Elway needs to get his head out of his a** and start hiring coaches that are offensive minded.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #82
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I know it won't be popular around here but that KC offense is fun as hell to watch.
I enjoy watching KC this year since our team is out of it. I also like to watch SD when they get Bosa back.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #83
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It's way too hard to build a defense like those teams had. It takes a great team and a good QB. Look at Jacksonville this year. Defense is full of studs yet they cant stop anyone.
the rules changes may have twisted that paradigm. I'm not sure I love the NFL product as much now, it essentially takes Defense out of the equation in a way.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:31 AM   #84
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
Exactly, with all the changes to protect the quarterback I'm not sure you can build a defense to stop all this scoring. Elway needs to get his head out of his a** and start hiring coaches that are offensive minded.
the guy you describe as " inspecting his colon" just won the #50 SB by building a great defense just 2 years after he put the most prolific OFFENSE of all time on the field.
So to all my mane friends who continue to say such repulsive things about JFE, you can all grab" your own appendages and impregnate yourselves" !
Old 10-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #85
Greatspirits
Oh-doh-hee-yu

Ready for some Swag!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
the guy you describe as " inspecting his colon" just won the #50 SB by building a great defense just 2 years after he put the most prolific OFFENSE of all time on the field.
So to all my mane friends who continue to say such repulsive things about JFE, you can all grab" your own appendages and impregnate yourselves" !
I love Elway and what's he's done for this franchise but praise also comes with criticism and the product he's putting on the field each week is joke. He needs to recognize where this league is heading and make the proper adjustments accordingly!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:20 PM   #86
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

criticism, YES !
tar and feather people however, need to put down their pitchforks and check themselves prior to any crucifixion talk .
there would be no wagon to hitch to without ELWAY, so enjoy the ride and excuse the occasional wrong turn along the journey.
I have been a bronco fan since 1960, day one, and other than FLOYD FREAKING LITTLE
and our very first superbowl season, OUR BRONCOS have little to show outside of the ELWAY YEARS !
Old 10-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #87
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
I love Elway and what's he's done for this franchise but praise also comes with criticism and the product he's putting on the field each week is joke. He needs to recognize where this league is heading and make the proper adjustments accordingly!
Exactly right
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote