The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Best Broncos RB of the Decade 2008-2017
Knowshon Moreno 18 28.13%
CJ Anderson 33 51.56%
Tatum Bell 0 0%
Willis McGahee 11 17.19%
Ronnie Hillman 0 0%
Selvin Young 0 0%
Devontae Booker 0 0%
Correll Buckhalter 2 3.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #51
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
NFL QBs With Their Daddy

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 16,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rolls Royce
Default

Not exactly a murderer's row but CJ takes it easily.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #52
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,827

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Given their overall careers, Knowshon was the better RB.
Just not seeing it.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #53
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 42,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
They were very similar, except the 2009 Broncos had the 32nd ranked defense and had the HC fired midseason. You are right though, they had the advantage of Moreno as a more effective RB.



This is fun and all, but I'm not doing that, though it's obvious you wouldn't listen anyway as I've broken down the numbers several ways now.



What is there to re-calibrate, he was behind Moreno in 2013 and started behind Hillman and Ball in 2014, was second string to start 2015 too. Had we kept KM he would have stayed behind him as well (until he got hurt likely)



You consider 2009 as Moreno's best year? you consider the only season that CJ was the full time starter as his worst? Want to be fair and eliminate their "worst" seasons and see how they stack up?



CJ had a couple back to back great running games in 2014, I won't deny that. Easily his best string of games probably. It was so good Hillman was the primary back starting 2015 and never got more than 15 carries in a game. You must have loved yourself some Tatum Bell back in the day.



Oh, is per play average something you will listen to?
KM: 6.5 Yards per play and a TD every 29.5 Touches
CJ: 6.35 Yards per play and a TD every 33.2



It's quite easy, they actually compare quite well. A lot of it boils down to opinion, but the numbers show that there is equally as strong an argument for KM than there is for CJ. You don't have to agree with who you think is better, but come on....there's more than enough proof for something to think differently.
Sure, but it discounts CJ's flair for the dramatic. Dude made some HUGE plays in really big moments for the broncos. My last memory of Knowshon is him being involved in the play where Manny Ramirez snapped it over Peyton's head.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #54
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31,277

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
They were very similar, except the 2009 Broncos had the 32nd ranked defense and had the HC fired midseason. You are right though, they had the advantage of Moreno as a more effective RB.
Our 2010 offense was ranked 13th.
Our 2016 offense was ranked 27th.

Our offense was measurably worse in virtually every way.

Quote:
This is fun and all, but I'm not doing that, though it's obvious you wouldn't listen anyway as I've broken down the numbers several ways now.
By highlighting one good KM year vs one poor CJ year?

CJ earned more per carry across his career in heavily inferior offenses. You've still never refuted those very simple numbers.

Quote:
What is there to re-calibrate, he was behind Moreno in 2013 and started behind Hillman and Ball in 2014, was second string to start 2015 too. Had we kept KM he would have stayed behind him as well (until he got hurt likely)
Again, because this FO had too much pride in their early round draft busts to admit what everyone in the world could see.... you can find street free agents with more running talent than their 1st and 2nd rounders.

Quote:
You consider 2009 as Moreno's best year? you consider the only season that CJ was the full time starter as his worst? Want to be fair and eliminate their "worst" seasons and see how they stack up?
No, but I consider 4.3 YPC the best he ever did in any season with significant carries.

Quote:
CJ had a couple back to back great running games in 2014, I won't deny that. Easily his best string of games probably. It was so good Hillman was the primary back starting 2015 and never got more than 15 carries in a game. You must have loved yourself some Tatum Bell back in the day.
Again, us ****ting the bed in starter selection again and again isn't really evidence of anything. And it's no coincidence CJ looked great in 2014 which was the last time we had some semblance of a productive offense. Even if a shadow of 2013's offense where Knowshon made his career.

Quote:
Oh, is per play average something you will listen to?
KM: 6.5 Yards per play and a TD every 29.5 Touches
CJ: 6.35 Yards per play and a TD every 33.2
Carries are how you measure an RB. Receiving yards per play is a crap shoot.

Unless you're saying He-man is routinely a better receiver than Demaryius.

Quote:
It's quite easy, they actually compare quite well. A lot of it boils down to opinion, but the numbers show that there is equally as strong an argument for KM than there is for CJ. You don't have to agree with who you think is better, but come on....there's more than enough proof for something to think differently.
Of course it's mostly opinion. Statistically I could say Brett Favre was a better QB than John Elway. Most people who actually formed opinions watching both play think otherwise.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:27 PM   #55
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Just not seeing it.
As I said, CJ had more moments in the eyes of the fans, but Moreno was better.
When people think of CJ they think of the NE run, helping win the SB and etc.
When they think of Moreno they think of the benching and the inability to break away for long TD runs.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #56
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Moreno wanted to play all the time. CJ had to come out a lot. I liked both for what they were but I gave the nod to Moreno. Great heart too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #57
DHallblows
Ring of Famer
 
DHallblows's Avatar
 
scio me nihil scire

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,792
Default

DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:06 PM   #58
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Ed Reeeeeeeeeeed!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #59
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,600
Default

Knowshon was severely underrated wasted talent, always ran behind a very incomplete o-line.

Was very unlucky with injuries, he was lighting it up in Miami lead the league in rushing before tearing his ACL again.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Denver Broncos