The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #51
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I am not doubting he has CTE as no one took more punishment than him. That being said he is trying to get a drug approved by the FDA for CTE he invested in.
But did he invest in it because he has been an advocate for awhile and wanted to make sure this product got to those in need? Just because he invested in it doesn't mean it was all for money. If he just encouraged youth to not play football then wouldn't that make his product less of a need in 20-30 years from now?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #52
Doggcow
Shibas

So Happ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Why doesn’t he put one of those Tommy Copper thingies on his head?
ROFL
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #53
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
So all of these specific organs adversely affected by chronic alcohol and pharmaceutical addiction and overconsumption, but somehow it miraculously spared the brain. Interesting.
Well, given that his main reported issues were with abuse of cocaine and alcohol and those things mainly affect the heart, liver or kidneys and not so much the brain unless you have some sort of stroke or etc...
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #54
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Well, given that his main reported issues were with abuse of cocaine and alcohol and those things mainly affect the heart, liver or kidneys and not so much the brain unless you have some sort of stroke or etc...
I'm not even a doctor......unlike the person you are disagreeing with.....and I can tell you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Drugs have little effect on the brain?!? Good luck with that argument. You can literally get permanent brain damage from ONE alcoholic blackout.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #55
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I don't even know what your point is here. Alcohol and opiates are central nervous system depressants. Central nervous system is a general way of referring to the brain and brain stem. He has admitted addiction to these substances, and routinely consumed them in large quantities. I assure you that consuming large quantities of alcohol on a routine basis will cause brain dysfunction and memory loss.

Also, FYI: a cerebral infarction or "stroke" may or may not cause memory loss. It depends on the area of the brain that is injured, and that depends on the specific underlying cause.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #56
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'm not even a doctor......unlike the person you are disagreeing with.....and I can tell you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Drugs have little effect on the brain?!? Good luck with that argument. You can literally get permanent brain damage from ONE alcoholic blackout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I don't even know what your point is here. Alcohol and opiates are central nervous system depressants. Central nervous system is a general way of referring to the brain and brain stem. He has admitted addiction to these substances, and routinely consumed them in large quantities. I assure you that consuming large quantities of alcohol on a routine basis will cause brain dysfunction and memory loss.

Also, FYI: a cerebral infarction or "stroke" may or may not cause memory loss. It depends on the area of the brain that is injured, and that depends on the specific underlying cause.
I am aware that heavy usage can cause damage to the brain, my initial response was a bit more snarky than I intended it to be. I didn't think it was when I initially posted it.

My thought process on that was probably clouded/skewed by my experience with family members who had long term drug and alcohol abuse issues.
The primary health consequences for them was needing dialysis, a transplant(depending upon the level of abuse) and/or incurring heart issues from the substance abuse.
Never encountered the brain damage part to my knowledge, so that is part of the reason I did not think of brain damage as a sign from the abuse.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:27 PM   #57
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
Bull.

If he had thousands he'd be dead. The numbers don't add up.

Favre is turning into a money grubbing clown if what is said is true.
It is the CTE talking.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote