The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2018, 01:44 PM   #126
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Salary dump.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #127
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Wonder what his dad thinks about this.

Guy got paid thanks to Manning then spent time collecting a check while on and off the injury report in the last couple years. Never played well enough to earn that pay day.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #128
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Bills planning on keeping Tyrod around until they decide what to do at QB even paying a $6mill bonus to keep him around.

"At this point, it doesn't seem like they're going to cut him without knowing who his replacement will be," Rapoport said. "The Bills are OK with paying a $6 million roster bonus to keep him on the roster."

The prevailing thought has been that Buffalo would move on from the 28-year-old quarterback either by releasing him or through a trade. While the latter option appears to remain on the table, per Rapoport, the Bills won't simply jettison their starting quarterback at this time.

Taylor is due a $6 million roster bonus on the third day of the new league year to go along with a $10 million base salary in 2018. He restructured his contract last season, but will not entertain that route again.

More here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-tyrod-taylor
Old 02-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #129
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Bills planning on keeping Tyrod around until they decide what to do at QB even paying a $6mill bonus to keep him around.

"At this point, it doesn't seem like they're going to cut him without knowing who his replacement will be," Rapoport said. "The Bills are OK with paying a $6 million roster bonus to keep him on the roster."

The prevailing thought has been that Buffalo would move on from the 28-year-old quarterback either by releasing him or through a trade. While the latter option appears to remain on the table, per Rapoport, the Bills won't simply jettison their starting quarterback at this time.

Taylor is due a $6 million roster bonus on the third day of the new league year to go along with a $10 million base salary in 2018. He restructured his contract last season, but will not entertain that route again.

Knew it. Pretty sure this means that anybody can trade for him and all they have to pay is his $10M base salary. But it would be dumb for the Bills to trade him for $10M in cap space. They have no one else.

More likely they draft Lamar Jackson or Luke Falk at #22. Especially after they lost so much in their trade up for Sammy Watkins.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #130
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Wonder what his dad thinks about this.

Guy got paid thanks to Manning then spent time collecting a check while on and off the injury report in the last couple years. Never played well enough to earn that pay day.
This bum has made $31.6M in the last 3 years on only 1124 yards and 12 TD's combined. Major rip off artist. Can't believe Gase signed him after washing out of Jax.

The cut means Dolphins don't even think he's worth $4.6M anymore. Wonder if there are any more suckers out there.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #131
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Knew it. Pretty sure this means that anybody can trade for him and all they have to pay is his $10M base salary. But it would be dumb for the Bills to trade him for $10M in cap space. They have no one else.

More likely they draft Lamar Jackson or Luke Falk at #22. Especially after they lost so much in their trade up for Sammy Watkins.
They could possibly move up in the draft and get 'their' guy and then they would be more likely to trade him.

Honestly I don't think it would be a bad idea for the Broncos to roll into next year with Kelly, 2nd round QB from this draft and Taylor. That's still going to save them a ton of cash, they allow Kelly and 2nd round QB to battle in camp and if neither are looking to be the answer, they have a back up plan in Taylor. I'm not a huge fan of Taylor, but I think he's better than any QB we had on the team from last year. But all of that is depends if they can trade off Simein and the Pirate.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #132
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
His Dad will call them and tell them his son will quit first and then look for the best tax haven for his next salary.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:02 PM   #133
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:

This is one of the dumbest QB situations or handling of a QB situation I have ever seen.
It's clear you don't want Tyrod but you don't have anything else behind him, you don't want to start him but you don't want to seem desperate so a team can rape you in the draft on a trade up.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #134
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
His Dad will call them and tell them his son will quit first and then look for the best tax haven for his next salary.
I promise you Julius is probably already sick of his Dad being "concerned" about his income.

"Rough times in this economy, son. Time to pay daddy back for all the diapers..."
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:26 PM   #135
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They could possibly move up in the draft and get 'their' guy and then they would be more likely to trade him.

Honestly I don't think it would be a bad idea for the Broncos to roll into next year with Kelly, 2nd round QB from this draft and Taylor. That's still going to save them a ton of cash, they allow Kelly and 2nd round QB to battle in camp and if neither are looking to be the answer, they have a back up plan in Taylor. I'm not a huge fan of Taylor, but I think he's better than any QB we had on the team from last year. But all of that is depends if they can trade off Simein and the Pirate.
Kubiak might be interested in Taylor plus a QB at #21.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #136
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Kubiak might be interested in Taylor plus a QB at #21.
That's what assassins are for.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #137
pricejj
jungle

Problem with the Bills is that they would have to give up both #21 and #22 to move up to #5 or #6. I think they'll be content with Tyrod and pick either Falk or Jackson at #22.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #138
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
This is one of the dumbest QB situations or handling of a QB situation I have ever seen.
It's clear you don't want Tyrod but you don't have anything else behind him, you don't want to start him but you don't want to seem desperate so a team can rape you in the draft on a trade up.
Sounds eerily similar to the broncos' situation to me.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #139
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

That would get us through a season but not win us a SB.

Waiting for next year is what kFc fans do.

Spend the money and get a QB we can win it all with.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #140
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Sounds eerily similar to the broncos' situation to me.
Taylor would start for us, by a wide margin, hell if he was our QB last year we win the division.

Broncos have the worst QB situation in the NFL. The Bills are creating their own misery. They set Taylor up to fail and then realized the guy they wanted to push as the new QB is even worse.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #141
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
That would get us through a season but not win us a SB.

Waiting for next year is what kFc fans do.

Spend the money and get a QB we can win it all with.
Cousins is not that QB. You must be hoping Brees says **** New Orleans.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #142
Smiling Assassin27
I Still Like Beer

NFL QBs With Their Daddy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rolls Royce

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #143
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:42 PM   #144
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Old 02-23-2018, 07:16 AM   #145
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Old 02-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #146
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
The Bills are creating their own misery. They set Taylor up to fail and then realized the guy they wanted to push as the new QB is even worse.
Again, almost word-for-word how I would describe the Broncos situation.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #147
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Again, almost word-for-word how I would describe the Broncos situation.
Reading that post back...I see the resemblance
Old 02-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #148
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Old 02-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #149
FlaBroncosFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Show me a single Diva-like quote out of DT from any point in his career. Just one.

The guy has come in and dominated from day one regardless of the absolute pile of suck we keep throwing out there at the QB position......and not one negative peep. In fact, he's almost always the first to praise whoever the QB is and squash any potential controversy before it even gets started.

The guy just shows up, does his job, praises his teammates, and is a leader.

Zero diva IMO.
Agreed. Has been a class act on/off the field. He has put up HOF numbers and outside of Manning just look at the list of QBs that have been throwing to him.
FlaBroncosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #150
FlaBroncosFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaBroncosFan View Post
Agreed. Has been a class act on/off the field. He has put up HOF numbers and outside of Manning just look at the list of QBs that have been throwing to him.
Id love to see Jerry Rices numbers if he had Tebow, Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch, and Brock Osweiller throwing to him.
FlaBroncosFan is offline   Reply With Quote