The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #26
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Any reasonably intelligent human being would want to end this presidency, but aside from that, it doesn't matter how many networks he has under his control, because all of his mindless idiots listen to the only one that matters to them.

This very thread proves the danger here. More than half of people who identify as GOP Republicans would like to give the POTUS the power to eliminate the media and assume power over the message we are allowed to hear.

If that doesn't scare the living **** out of you, you're a lost cause, hopelessly brainwashed, and beyond redemption. You support an aspiring dictator who is meeting in secret with our primary enemy's leader, who is holding discussions with other dictators, and who's attempting to consolidate his power over this country through every means possible.

What do you think he's discussing with these tyrants and despots? Trade? No...he's looking for tips on how they assumed total power and trying to figure out a way he can do the same.

There's no way in hell he's not actively considering ways to do this, absolutely zero chance that it's not a primary goal of his. Can you even picture him stepping down if he's voted out? All he has to do is to claim the election was rigged, move to suspend the results, and unless a clear Democratic majority exists in the Congress to stop him, he and his treasonous alt-right supporters will attempt to do exactly that. He's not leaving office if he can figure out a way to stay. No sociopathic, narcissist like him would do so, and no power-mad lunatic who wonders why he shouldn't have the right to use nukes since he has them would hesitate to try to assume total control if he had the opportunity.

All the elements needed are already present for him to try to suspend the constitution and set himself up as an absolute ruler. Only a blind fool could possibly not recognize this.
Avy bet, Steps. If Trump loses in 2020 and steps aside, or simply decides not to run again.... I pick your avy for the rest of your OM career.

If he declares martial law and attempts revolution, you can select my avy instead, assuming the censorship office allows either of our accounts to still exist.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #27
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Avy bet, Steps. If Trump loses in 2020 and steps aside, or simply decides not to run again.... I pick your avy for the rest of your OM career.

If he declares martial law and attempts revolution, you can select my avy instead, assuming the censorship office allows either of our accounts to still exist.
Your proposal exceeds the limits of my hypothesis. I did not say he was going to be successful in his attempt to pull this off. I said he is trying to figure out how to do so. Even in victory, one handed him without the popular vote, he has attempted to constantly contest the election results, lying about voter fraud, lying about how many votes he got, lying about his opponent and suggesting she should have been imprisoned, lying about everything he can in order to recast himself as the popular choice of the people. Imagine to what attempts he could reach if he actually loses the next election. I maintain he will attempt to find a way to circumvent the election results. However, I also think such a move would only have a chance of success if the Dems don't take back the Congress in the fall, and since I think they will, I don't see him having the opportunity to do this. That doesn't mean he's not actively planning ways to do so. It also doesn't mean the danger doesn't exist.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #28
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Your proposal exceeds the limits of my hypothesis. I did not say he was going to be successful in his attempt to pull this off.
I said if he steps aside... as in a normal inaugural transfer process.

Trump will make no extra-Constitutional move to try to stay in power after someone else is elected.

Bet or no?
Old 08-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #29
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
I said if he steps aside... as in a normal inaugural transfer process.

Trump will make no extra-Constitutional move to try to stay in power after someone else is elected.

Bet or no?
Given that his only possible route to success at circumventing the process is to have a majority of those in Congress willing to support it, making this bet out of hand prior to knowing the makeup of the next Congress is obviously impossible. Second, it's impossible to know what he might do, or in fact, has already done behind the scenes. Any effort to set himself up with the ability to remain in power would likely begin beneath the radar, would be implemented well outside the public's eye, and would probably consist of forming alliances with current congressional allies. His collusion with Russia speaks to him already benefitting from illegal actions, so it's obvious that he'd stoop to more illegal acts to remain in power.

So in other words, there is essentially no way in which it can be disproven that he's attempting something like this. He's hiding almost everything possible, right down to the fact that he insisted nobody but him be allowed in to see Putin, and even the translator was prevented from being interviewed by his henchmen in the Congress. This is a WH that is engaged in constant secrecy, and like everything else he does, everything points to him making moves to benefit himself.

You're apparently suggesting he has no intention of trying to supplant the process, but the overwhelming evidence suggests he already has with literally every move he's made. The only thing left now, is to see whether or not he's built enough support to enable him further.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #30
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Given that his only possible route to success at circumventing the process is to have a majority of those in Congress willing to support it, making this bet out of hand prior to knowing the makeup of the next Congress is obviously impossible.
We can even make it contingent on still having a Republican congress.

If Democrats take over, bet is off.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #31
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
We can even make it contingent on still having a Republican congress.

If Democrats take over, bet is off.
You're constructing a scenario in which only the final act of defiance eliminates you from winning a wager. I'm suggesting that is a poor indicator of his intentions, and more importantly, whether he's already engaged in attempts to undermine the potential for removing him. On that basis, I have already won the bet before it's even made. He's obstructing justice at every turn, intimidating or trying to influence witnesses, making preparations to buy them off or pardon their crimes to weaken the leverage of the investigations, attempting to discredit law enforcement, the press, the special counsel, etc...all designed to keep him in power. Going the next step and seeking to do an end-run around an election would require ways to do what the GOP is already doing now as well, attempting to destroy voter registration records, purging names from lists, closing drivers license offices, using threats and intimidation to cause the fear of felony charges for even some accidental mistakes...the list goes on. I don't even need to prove additional schemes are in the works, because clearly they've been planned and executed already as we speak.

I'm not wagering on something that can't be proven, and since that's a function of your side even acknowledging whether something is true or merely "fake news", why would I assume you'd admit it if behavior were uncovered that proved these schemes already exist even now? If Rump achieves enough traction through what he's already put in place, he would certainly attempt to use the mechanisms of corruption to suit his purposes. If he hasn't, then it's more likely his efforts would fail to take him that far.

The unknown factor us, how much capacity for achieving his goal has he already created?

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 08-10-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Old 08-10-2018, 11:42 AM   #32
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Actual story... when asked to assign any kind of weight to the bull**** you're throwing out, suddenly the threat to the union isn't quite as dire as your meaningless words profess.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #33
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Any reasonably intelligent human being would want to end this presidency,
Every Republican in the forum stopped reading after this.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #34
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I do not believe Dotard Don could "suspend" the Constitution. Efforts to try and do would lead to a shooting war. Progressives have guns, too. Further, I don't think the fascists have a strong a grip on the "majority". What we see is bloviators like trumpistas around here. Big talkers, bigger cowards. If they were not cowards, they would all list their names and addresses in these pages.

In fact, I have said that one cure for the bs posts we see is to require signatures that shows names and addresses.

C`mon beav. Why don't you be first? Or maybe fictional LINO pot boy.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-10-2018 at 12:11 PM..
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #35
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Every Republican in the forum stopped reading after this.
Most dont read much anyway.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:47 PM   #36
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I do not believe Dotard Don could "suspend" the Constitution. Efforts to try and do would lead to a shooting war. Progressives have guns, too. Further, I don't think the fascists have a strong a grip on the "majority". What we see is bloviators like trumpistas around here. Big talkers, bigger cowards. If they were not cowards, they would all list their names and addresses in these pages.

In fact, I have said that one cure for the bs posts we see is to require signatures that shows names and addresses.

C`mon beav. Why don't you be first? Or maybe fictional LINO pot boy.
Hes probably too incompetent to pull off something like that, but you can be certain hes considering ways to do it. This is the same fool who allowed a reporter who was spying on him for weeks to hang out in the WH taking note of all his secrets and charting his beavior for a book. Hes dumb as **** but hes also a sociopath, and evil to the core. If he thinks he could achieve a dictatorship why would he not try? The one major disadvantage he has aside from being an ignoramus is his age. Stress is going to slow his roll and age will take a toll. It seems it already is if you look at some of the moronic things he says.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #37
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

When the POTUS says, "He's now president for life, president for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday," you have be a true moron to not be worried.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #38
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

All the mongoloids on the right screeching about a private corporation kicking AJ off their platform but when it comes to their MAGA-lord they are totes cool with suppressing dissent in the media
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #39
nyuk nyuk
Denver Native

The future is 'gibsmedat'

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
I wondered when someone would get around to posting this.

And these people protest when we call them fascists.
Your problem is that you're historically illiterate. Good progs have done such for years, Russia, the Eastern Bloc, Cuba, etc.

You apparently don't mind.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #40
nyuk nyuk
Denver Native

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

This is the exact quote from the study:

Some of the limits of public support for freedom of the press are made stark with a quarter of Americans (26%) saying they agree “the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior,” including a plurality of Republicans (43%). Likewise, most Americans (72%) think “it should be easier to sue reporters who knowingly publish false information.”

We're seeing this play out right now with InfoWars and rabid prog support of its being banned from social media after pressure from Congressional Democrats seconded by CNN.

And none of you are alarmed.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #41
nyuk nyuk
Denver Native

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
All the mongoloids on the right screeching about a private corporation kicking AJ off their platform but when it comes to their MAGA-lord they are totes cool with suppressing dissent in the media
Yet more racism from you. Why do you keep referring to conservatives in racially pejorative tones?

Definition of Mongoloid
1 : of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Asia and classified according to physical features (such as the presence of an epicanthal fold)
2 often not capitalized, dated, now usually offensive : of, relating to, or affected with Down syndrome
Old 08-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #42
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
This is the exact quote from the study:

Some of the limits of public support for freedom of the press are made stark with a quarter of Americans (26%) saying they agree the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior, including a plurality of Republicans (43%). Likewise, most Americans (72%) think it should be easier to sue reporters who knowingly publish false information.

We're seeing this play out right now with InfoWars and rabid prog support of its being banned from social media after pressure from Congressional Democrats seconded by CNN.

And none of you are alarmed.
First Infowars is not the press. It made up BS. Second, Youtube and Facebook are not the government, but private companies, where you agree to their terms of agreement for using their platforms. They boot anyone at any time, and when you post there you agree to that.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #43
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Yet more racism from you. Why do you keep referring to conservatives in racially pejorative tones?

Definition of Mongoloid
1 : of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Asia and classified according to physical features (such as the presence of an epicanthal fold)
2 often not capitalized, dated, now usually offensive : of, relating to, or affected with Down syndrome
For your purposes, consider #2 most applicable to you lololololol
Old 08-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #44
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

I just want to thank nork nork for helping to clarify that republicans are by and large downs survivors. Shout it loud and proud nurk nark!
Old 08-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #45
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
When the POTUS says, "He's now president for life, president for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday," you have be a true moron to not be worried.
You see, what they do is anything controversial that comes from Trumps mouth that Republicans don't like, they say you can't take him serious. Then when Trump says controversial things they do like, they say, yeah go ahead and take him serious. The couldn't be cherry picking any harder.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote