The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #101
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
That's what I'm afraid of. Zimmer and the Vikings showed how to use Keenum. Short, quick, timing routes and only let Keenum improvise when the game's on the line late. The staff just seems to have gotten carried away with an over aggressive approach right from the start and that wasn't going to work on the road against a disciplined defense.
I just have the feeling that Case is trying to grow beyond what he was in Minnesota, and subsequently takes a lot more risks.

I mean it's not hard to see why. They did cut him loose after a fairly successful season of 'safe' football. Probably helped make the lifelong Broncos fan with a dream opportunity decide to go for broke.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #102
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
That's what I'm afraid of. Zimmer and the Vikings showed how to use Keenum. Short, quick, timing routes and only let Keenum improvise when the game's on the line late. The staff just seems to have gotten carried away with an over aggressive approach right from the start and that wasn't going to work on the road against a disciplined defense.
Case is what he is. Mediocre starter and a great backup. Last year he was on a super talented team, other than him, and they masked him by running the ball a lot and playing defense. Come free agency they went for broke to upgrade the position.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:57 AM   #103
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Sometimes you're so sick of something that's been super awful for you in your life, you're willing to pay a premium to upgrade to average just to not deal with it anymore.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:37 PM   #104
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Sometimes you're so sick of something that's been super awful for you in your life, you're willing to pay a premium to upgrade to average just to not deal with it anymore.
Fine line between draft position and keeping people in the stands....
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:22 PM   #105
ShaneFalco
Infamous

keesum aint even average.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #106
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #107
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
siemian would be an upgrade.

i doubt he is even getting paid 1m
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #108
TonyR
Franchise Poster

At least Keenum isn't bottom 5 on this list!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #109
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Bullcrap
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #110
TonyR
Franchise Poster

The sad thing is how much better Fitzpatrick has looked as a stopgap, and at a considerably lower price tag. Let's hope Case can turn things around starting this week.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #111
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

The OP probably makes some good points.

The thing I am extremely bitter about is the fact that Keenuts has thrown more INT's than TD's. He hasn't gone one game without throwing at least one.

He also only has the one game where he has thrown a TD.

Sure he will probably bounce back against a terrible kFc D but I don't think he can keep up with their O right now. They have finally grown up into a legit big boy O and don't need to scheme safe plays to move the ball. The inexperience of our HC and DC just spell bad things for this week.

I also don't expect Keenuts to suddenly settle down and become something he hasn't shown himself to be in either PS or RS so far. Every game I have seen this guy start he has looked scared, his body language reeks of panic.

I agree he does bounce back late in games but all I wanted was a guy who was average and protected the ball. We haven't got that. Maybe this scheme is too much for him and maybe some of it is on Billy for pounding a square peg into a round hole but Case was supposed to be an upgrade over Trevor and he isn't. Plus our OL and run game have been so much more improved over last year when Trevor was playing.

We went what 7 or was it 8 drives without a 1st down Sunday? What's the old line? New Boss, same as the Old boss?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #112
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Bullcrap
He would have been cheaper and given us the same performance.

I think Trevor threw better outs than I have seen Keenuts throw so far.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #113
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
But we haven't got average yet. Still below average.

I sure hope the QB job is open in next TC.

It might be open by week 8...
Old 09-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #114
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:

This place loses its collective mind when we lose.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #115
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Keenums problem is he plays well for the majority of the game but has the WTF are you doing throws too. Fitzpatrick does the same thing but his A game is way better than Keenums. It's like the saying that your golf game is only as good as your worst shot and Keenums is dead left OB on his bad plays.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #116
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:

Delete your account
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #117
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
QB Rank 31
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:22 PM   #118
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Case is what he is. Mediocre starter and a great backup. Last year he was on a super talented team, other than him, and they masked him by running the ball a lot and playing defense. Come free agency they went for broke to upgrade the position.
Yeah well, the jury is still out on that one. And yes, I understand that it is only game 3 of the season, but Keenum has a better record “with a less talented team”; and while Keenum’s passer rating is less than stellar with the many mistakes, if Keenum was 1-1-1 and put up a similar game that Cousins did on Sunday, and lost as badly to a crappy team like Buffalo(Josh Allen!), as the Vikings did AT HOME, this fanbase would be screaming for his head more than they are now. And Buffalos coaches did not have 10 days to prepare, and they were on the road with a rookie QB that is starting his 2nd game.

The Vikings were never in the game. They got behind big time in the 1st half, and a lot of it was Cousins fault. He fumbled early in the game that Buffalo scored on, and had numerous 3 & outs. They were never a threat to score in the 1st half. Buffalo scored all 27 pts in the first half led by Allen just making plays.

In the second half, it was obvious the Bills dialed back Allen to be conservative and not turn the ball over, and just let their defense contain Cousins to ineffective drives; it worked.

Cousins, again was very ineffective throughout most of the 2nd half as well, and didn’t score until too late in the slop, late in the 4th when the game was essentially over, and the Bills defense is playing a lot of prevent.

Cousins actually had a better passer rating and completion % (72%) than Keenum, but a lower 3rd down conversion %, and was waaay worse and ineffective. He had a fumble and threw an Int., and again, was really ineffective throughout the entire game. He just dinked & dunked throughout the game and too many times came up short on converting 3rd downs. Keenum was not pretty, but did not really hurt the team until desperation time in the 4th with the Int. And, I would argue that too many of his teammates made more mistakes that cost them the game, than him; offense & defense.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 09-25-2018 at 11:49 PM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:49 PM   #119
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
I just looked up the stats. Last year the Vikings were 2nd in rushing attempts and 21st in passing attempts. I'd say that's what the Broncos should be doing. So far this year the Broncos are 9th in rushing attempts and 14th in passing attempts. They are 5th in yards per rushing attempt and 28th in QB rating. This isn't a tough one to figure out. Run the damn ball.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:57 AM   #120
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Hopefully a 'get right' week against a crappy chiefs defense, but division games are weird.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:56 AM   #121
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Yeah well, the jury is still out on that one. And yes, I understand that it is only game 3 of the season, but Keenum has a better record “with a less talented team”; and while Keenum’s passer rating is less than stellar with the many mistakes, if Keenum was 1-1-1 and put up a similar game that Cousins did on Sunday, and lost as badly to a crappy team like Buffalo(Josh Allen!), as the Vikings did AT HOME, this fanbase would be screaming for his head more than they are now. And Buffalos coaches did not have 10 days to prepare, and they were on the road with a rookie QB that is starting his 2nd game.

The Vikings were never in the game. They got behind big time in the 1st half, and a lot of it was Cousins fault. He fumbled early in the game that Buffalo scored on, and had numerous 3 & outs. They were never a threat to score in the 1st half. Buffalo scored all 27 pts in the first half led by Allen just making plays.

In the second half, it was obvious the Bills dialed back Allen to be conservative and not turn the ball over, and just let their defense contain Cousins to ineffective drives; it worked.

Cousins, again was very ineffective throughout most of the 2nd half as well, and didn’t score until too late in the slop, late in the 4th when the game was essentially over, and the Bills defense is playing a lot of prevent.

Cousins actually had a better passer rating and completion % (72%) than Keenum, but a lower 3rd down conversion %, and was waaay worse and ineffective. He had a fumble and threw an Int., and again, was really ineffective throughout the entire game. He just dinked & dunked throughout the game and too many times came up short on converting 3rd downs. Keenum was not pretty, but did not really hurt the team until desperation time in the 4th with the Int. And, I would argue that too many of his teammates made more mistakes that cost them the game, than him; offense & defense.
One game. Cousins played like crap and his OL looked like they started 5 guys like Schofield and Sombrero. The defense played horrendous too with Griffen going AWOL. They gave up 24 points to Buff in the first half. Sometimes teams play like crap.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #122
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
One game. Cousins played like crap and his OL looked like they started 5 guys like Schofield and Sombrero. The defense played horrendous too with Griffen going AWOL. They gave up 24 points to Buff in the first half. Sometimes teams play like crap.
Pretty much same defense and O-line that Keenum played with last year. Point is you seem to be giving Cousins a benefit of the doubt that you refuse to do for Keenum. Very few in Washington are calling Cousins a franchise guy that got away; and until he takes them further than Keenum did last year, Vikings fans won’t call him one either.

I went on some Vikings message boards just to see what thier take is on the season, and I found many now are beginning to regret tying up all that money in a player who appears to pad his stats with ineffective, but easy, completions, and would rather just pay Keenum his money to be a “game manager”; which is what he was last year. Cousins doesn’t make the other players better, he just makes his own stats look prettier than his results.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 09-26-2018 at 09:39 AM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #123
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
QB Rank 31
Thats Seimian bad. Hell, was he ever that bad?!?!?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #124
halfback
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was just wondering in all fairness how long do you give him? This roster is NOT baren for talent on the offensive side of the ball....in fact when you have Thomas, sanders, Sutton, Hamilton, butt, Freeman and Lindsay id argue it’s close to matching talent manning had when he was there.....obviously case is no Peyton but this offense should not be struggling like it has....in my opinion he
Holds on to the ball far to long and he doesn’t trust himself
halfback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #125
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Siemian would not be an upgrade. O.o

Case's picks were because mostly he is being overly aggresive, partly because of misreads of defense. Most of Trevor's picks were because he choked after throwing picks, and just threw more because of it. I'd rather have a QB that doesn't freak out when he does bad.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote