The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #151
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I agree. But it also doesn't need to be THIS WEEK to decide. I don't think Keenum is horrible, I think he's middle of the road (not worth 18 million), but they won't bench him for a while, so everyone calm down.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #152
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I agree. But it also doesn't need to be THIS WEEK to decide. I don't think Keenum is horrible, I think he's middle of the road (not worth 18 million), but they won't bench him for a while, so everyone calm down.

Also, I don't think two seasons were "wasted" starting TS. He was a young QB they thought had potential. Turns out he wasn't up to task. But that's the ****ing point of playing him. So, using this logic, if Kelly isn't all world right away, he's a waste too?
I believe we gave too many games to TS..It's clear that he is not improving.
Could have just started with Lynch.

We already know about Keenum. I think it's time to start Kelly and see what he can do.

Don't want to go with next season with the same dilemma.

Look at other teams..they are starting the QB's that are relatively new to NFL. we should do the same. there might be growing pains. at least, we will know if kelly is the answer or not.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #153
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
There isnít a top 5 QB in next years draft.
I just realized Haskins is draft eligible, but him and Herbert are probably the best QB's.

But if Denver wanted a QB, last draft was the one to get one. Pray Kelly is good.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #154
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I believe we gave too many games to TS..It's clear that he is not improving.
Could have just started with Lynch.

We already know about Keenum. I think it's time to start Kelly and see what he can do.

Don't want to go with next season with the same dilemma.

Look at other teams..they are starting the QB's that are relatively new to NFL. we should do the same. there might be growing pains. at least, we will know if kelly is the answer or not.
Lol, who else would you have given TS's games to? Lynch? The former first round pick with a "rocket arm" who is unemployed?

I'm not even disagreeing with you. I'm just pointing out the flaw in your point about TS.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #155
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

The danger is, what happens when we put in Kelly and he sucks? Go back to Keenum? This is the reason we ended up with a top 5 pick folks.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:44 AM   #156
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
The danger is, what happens when we put in Kelly and he sucks? Go back to Keenum? This is the reason we ended up with a top 5 pick folks.
Well, I think the point is we should find out sooner than later if we need to take a qb with the top 5 pick. Which I also understand.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:45 AM   #157
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Well, I think the point is we should find out sooner than later if we need to take a qb with the top 5 pick. Which I also understand.
I don't disagree with you but when that happens, they are admitting the season is over.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #158
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't disagree with you but when that happens, they are admitting the season is over.
You go around here criticizing everyone and then you post this bs. Maybe it actually means crap play won't be tolerated and they want to explore all options before it's too late.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #159
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
yeah, I'm not even disagreeing with you. I think their point is that the season was over before it began because Keenum can only take you so far.

I get why Elway signed Keenum (though I disagreed with it). He wanted some veteran presence to right the ship. But he's a pretty limited player and, of course as fans, we want to see greatness. And there's always potential in the unknown for greatness.

I'm at the point where I just don't care. I see why sticking with Keenum has benefits. I see why benching him would too.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #160
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
You go around here criticizing everyone and then you post this bs. Maybe it actually means crap play won't be tolerated and they want to explore all options before it's too late.
k
Old 09-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #161
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
yeah, I'm not even disagreeing with you. I think their point is that the season was over before it began because Keenum can only take you so far.

I get why Elway signed Keenum (though I disagreed with it). He wanted some veteran presence to right the ship. But he's a pretty limited player and, of course as fans, we want to see greatness. And there's always potential in the unknown for greatness.

I'm at the point where I just don't care. I see why sticking with Keenum has benefits. I see why benching him would too.
Yeah, it's a crap position right now. I still don't think it's time to bench him just yet. I guess ask me again after Monday night when we play a terrible defense at home. Ugh.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #162
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah, it's a crap position right now. I still don't think it's time to bench him just yet. I guess ask me again after Monday night when we play a terrible defense at home. Ugh.
I'm giving Keenum a pass for this week because (and I'm a broken record now) I don't think he can throw a wet ball.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #163
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
I'm giving Keenum a pass for this week because (and I'm a broken record now) I don't think he can throw a wet ball.
Doc B pointed out Keenum being hurt, it makes me concerned from the standpoint of our coaching staff making poor decisions (again). That is honestly my #1 concern right now, this staff.

God I hate this.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #164
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If Kelly sucks then DEN knows it has to go get a franchise QB.
Thatís the whole point. What? You think Case is taking this team to a SB!?!?
Were thinking long term. Itís a QB driven league. You either have a franchise QB or your the current Denver Broncos.
So play Kelly and see if youíve got lightning in a bottle. If not, start looking at the draft or a mega trade. Other than that your just wasting time.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #165
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
If Kelly sucks then DEN knows it has to go get a franchise QB.
Thatís the whole point. What? You think Case is taking this team to a SB!?!?
I don't believe I have ever said that. I can say, I don't think this TEAM can take us to a Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Were thinking long term. Itís a QB driven league. You either have a franchise QB or your the current Denver Broncos.
So play Kelly and see if youíve got lightning in a bottle. If not, start looking at the draft or a mega trade. Other than that your just wasting time.
Oh right I forgot, I have to choose a side.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #166
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't believe I have ever said that. I can say, I don't think this TEAM can take us to a Super Bowl.

How do you forget that!?!? Your at the Mane, dammit.
2 men enter, 1 man leaves.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:27 AM   #167
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:

You dont have to choose a side, but unless you have a franchise QB, you're pretty much ****ed barring a once in a blue moon kinda season.

The team needs to see what it has in Kelly because Keenum isnt the answer. Hes ok, maybe we'll sneak in as a WC or something but the team isnt winning anything of note with him.

Maybe Kelly is a fluke, and if he is, we can look at QB's in this next draft to find one.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #168
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Yep sure looked that way when the Browns put in mayfield Or when the Bills put in Allen.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #169
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

it's kinda funny alot of Mane doesnt agree on much but agrees on Kelly/Keenum lol.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #170
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
What is the team gonna win with Keenum? MAYBE a WC apperance and lose in the 1st round.

Bills looked better with Allen, and Baker got the Browns their 1st win in one half of play. It's 2018, QBs dont need to sit for 3 years.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #171
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I don't think this team can win a super bowl nor do I think this staff can win a SB.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #172
OrangeFanatic
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The danger is, what happens when we put in Kelly and he sucks?
Then quarterback play continues as it has been? Worst case scenario we get another top 5.
OrangeFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #173
Raindog
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Bills looked better with Allen, and Baker got the Browns their 1st win in one half of play. It's 2018, QBs dont need to sit for 3 years.
Yeah, that has been a ridiculous "conventional/traditional" point of view for years now - that when you draft a rookie QB, he has to sit and learn for three seasons before getting thrown into the fire. That hasn't been a reality since forever ago. Young QBs with real talent pretty much get off the ground running right away - recent history has proven that over and over again. Overrated stiffs who can't play can stand on the sideline "learning" for five years... and in the end, they are still stiffs. Either you have what it takes to play at the NFL level or you don't. I have yet to see any truly talented QB get ruined by playing "too early." It is just stupid group-think by so called experts that causes that viewpoint to persist.

In the end, it really is just better to discover whether your young QB can play or not as soon as possible, so you aren't wasting years of development, resources, squandered opportunities, etc, on some player who is ultimately a big waste of time.
Raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #174
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindog View Post
Yeah, that has been a ridiculous "conventional/traditional" point of view for years now - that when you draft a rookie QB, he has to sit and learn for three seasons before getting thrown into the fire. That hasn't been a reality since forever ago.
Everybody always uses the same example when advocating this "you don't want to David Carr them!" Yea...maybe David Carr just wasn't that good?

Also in the era of $150 million QB second contracts sitting them for an extended period is dumb. You're burning your cost controlled years and limiting your play data to make that decision.

I think Mayfield is kind of a douche but I am rooting for him and Darnold, Allen, etc. to play good and dispel that antiquated nonsense.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #175
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
it's kinda funny alot of Mane doesnt agree on much but agrees on Kelly/Keenum lol.
Only because price and cougar went into hiding.

Footsteps is coping fairly well.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote