The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #176
itswutz4dinna
Siemster's Union Member

Catch the ball, Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Andy Reid is the Andy Dalton of coaches. Good enough for 8-10 wins every year without ever being great.

KC looks exactly like the Vick-LeSean-DeSean Eagles this year, with probably a little worse D.

Last edited by itswutz4dinna; 09-25-2018 at 01:42 PM..
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:36 PM   #177
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvBroncos View Post
Manning isn't walking through that door.
No, but Swag at a point in the not so far future
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #178
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Not saying he is, im just saying the broncos will be back in the future. Saying the broncos will be bad for the next 10-15 years is like saying the steelers or packers will. There are certain franchises that just are not at the bottom for that long and have multiple good years with little bad ones. The broncos are one of those franchises.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #179
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Why do you need validation here? Historically, it's not even close. That said, you guys are off to a hot start with what looks to be the answer at QB. Is it that hard to put aside your insecurity and go be happy with your fellow fans?

It's sad honestly. I picture all of you like I did KC Dud, something would happen and I just KNEW that guy couldn't wait to come to the Mane and post about it. I can picture him giving the old lady a backhand while she asks if he wanted some eggs that morning while incoherently hollerin' (seems like a thing you people would do) "NOT NOW MA, I GOTSTA SHOW THESE HERE BRONCO FANS WHAT I KNOW!"

The best thing in the world will be watching you guys collapse again, it seriously will be like a meth-fueled apocalyptic event. Camaros driving off cliffs like lemmings, no Busch Light to be found for miles, every woman in Missouri with a black eye.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:51 PM   #180
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Why do you need validation here? Historically, it's not even close. That said, you guys are off to a hot start with what looks to be the answer at QB. Is it that hard to put aside your insecurity and go be happy with your fellow fans?

It's sad honestly. I picture all of you like I did KC Dud, something would happen and I just KNEW that guy couldn't wait to come to the Mane and post about it. I can picture him giving the old lady a backhand while she asks if he wanted some eggs that morning while incoherently hollerin' (seems like a thing you people would do) "NOT NOW MA, I GOTSTA SHOW THESE HERE BRONCO FANS WHAT I KNOW!"

The best thing in the world will be watching you guys collapse again, it seriously will be like a meth-fueled apocalyptic event. Camaros driving off cliffs like lemmings, no Busch Light to be found for miles, every woman in Missouri with a black eye.
That is one of the funniest posts ive ever seen on the OMANE.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:55 PM   #181
socalorado
Ring of Famer

You guys have to remember that Manning not only OWNED the Queefs, not that it’s anything to brag about, but that KC was the 1st team to offer Manning a contract literally minutes after he was released by INDY. They offered a fully complete contract.
Manning didn’t even have the courtesy to say no thanks. He didn’t even respond.
So you’ll notice odd, offhand comments in reference to Manning which make no sense by Queef fans its obvious why. Still butthurt.
Think about it. These clowns have NEVER had a team that mattered in their life time.
Ever.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #182
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's hard to find a QB, but Elway will keep trying until he finds his guy.

That Chief fan really clarified the obsessed with Broncos thing I've always noticed. They've been so sucky for years, which we've observed, but I hadn't considered they have looked up to us like we're awesome. I don't feel like we've been that awesome, more like how a sports team should try to be, but when you consider some teams have never even played in a SB, let alone won three, I suppose it makes sense. Their envy and resentment is why Chief fans always compare themselves to us. They want to do to us what they believe we did to them.

It won't work and that's because they're missing the point. It was never about the Broncos, it was about the Chiefs. The Broncos tried to be good, they didn't try to be better than the Chiefs. It's organizational culture and health that's the difference. It's intolerance for anything but the best. It's not about beating one team, it's about beating them all.

Landing a great QB is incredibly helpful, but it doesn't cure everything. Look at the Colts, the Packers, The Chargers. But like some of those, maybe they can squeeze a ring out of Mahomes even with their deficiencies. I feel like as lame as the Chiefs organization is, they're better than the Colts.

Ultimately I agree the Broncos will be back sooner or later. Like the Yankees, we just have high standards and are willing do what it takes. Anything below .500 is inexcusable. I hope and believe Elway maintains that standard.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #183
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
You guys have to remember that Manning not only OWNED the Queefs, not that itís anything to brag about, but that KC was the 1st team to offer Manning a contract literally minutes after he was released by INDY. They offered a fully complete contract.
Manning didnít even have the courtesy to say no thanks. He didnít even respond.
So youíll notice odd, offhand comments in reference to Manning which make no sense by Queef fans its obvious why. Still butthurt.
Think about it. These clowns have NEVER had a team that mattered in their life time.
Ever.
When they SHOULD just be excited about an amazing looking QB, really they are here to get validation. It might come off as cocky but really you can tell, they want us to make them feel like the rug won't get pulled out from under them. It's honestly hilarious that they can't even be fully excited.

WE HAVE THE BEST QB!

Right guys?

Guys?

GUYS WE HAVE THE BEST QB!

Right?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #184
Gelding Horse
Solid Starter

I SEE ANOTHER QB IN OUR FUTURE JOHN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
You guys have to remember that Manning not only OWNED the Queefs, not that itís anything to brag about, but that KC was the 1st team to offer Manning a contract literally minutes after he was released by INDY. They offered a fully complete contract.
Manning didnít even have the courtesy to say no thanks. He didnít even respond.
So youíll notice odd, offhand comments in reference to Manning which make no sense by Queef fans its obvious why. Still butthurt.
Ever.
At least they tried to get Manning. The Chiefs as an organization had nothing to do with it. It was Denver's luscious crop of receivers that ultimately made the decision.
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #185
razorwire77
Great week of practice!!!

Leader of Men

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
But you're in uncharted territory. After Brock and Paxton, Elway is too scared to take a qb high and will continue to go on with retreads.

You're now the KC Chiefs from 1995-2017 and we're the Elway-led Broncos.
Elway definitely deserves some criticism for the QBs he has drafted, but there's literally no history to support him being "scared" to draft QBs. Elway signed PFM to secure the QB position in FA and then he drafted Brock in the 2nd round. Brock wasn't a franchise QB. Then he traded up and drafted Lynch in the 1st round and like the majority of QB's taken later in the first round he busted. The thing was that he proved to be a bust much quicker and more dramatically than anybody thought (including Andy Reid who wanted to trade up to draft him). That left Elway in the position to sign a stopgap FA QB. The two QB's highest on Elway's board were Mayfield and Darnold, who were both gone, so he wisely went with the best defensive player in the draft.

If Keenum continues to falter, I fully expect that Kelly will get an evaluation period after the bye to show what he's got. If he doesn't flash starter potential, we're likely a 4 win team and drafting a QB in the 1st round next year. Also, Keenum's contract is essentially a one year with an option of another year. It won't be a tremendous hit to cut him next year.
razorwire77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #186
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
At least they tried to get Manning. The Chiefs as an organization had nothing to do with it. It was Denver's luscious crop of receivers that ultimately made the decision.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #187
Gelding Horse
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If you aren't getting it, Manning wasn't coming to KC to chuck screen passes to Jamaal Charles. Furthermore, Mahomes probably wouldn't look nearly as good without KC's own luscious crop of receivers. Without a doubt, Patrick Mahomes would rather be with the Chief's right now more than any other organization. For the same reasons Manning wanted to go to Denver.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #188
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelding Horse View Post
luscious crop of receivers
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:37 PM   #189
Gelding Horse
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, watch Old Coyote twist this into something gleaned from personal experience.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #190
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Notice that inability to let it go? Excuse making and trying to justify completely irrelevant situations?
Like I said, still lusciously butthurt.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #191
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It's hard to find a QB, but Elway will keep trying until he finds his guy.
Brock Oswieler busts:

ďItís hard to find a QB, but Elway will keep trying until he finds his guy.Ē

Trevor Siemian busts:

Paxton Lynch busts:

Case Keenum struggles and Broncos fans think he needs to be replaced:

Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #192
Samiwindr
Perennial Pro-bowler

Helicopter style

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post

Yesssssss!!!

Ps. Weíre going to win this game. Von Chubb will give Mahomes the Cam treatment while Rolls Royce runs it down KCís throat. 24-10 Broncos.
Samiwindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #193
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Trevor Siemian busts:
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:08 PM   #194
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

To be fair, Osweiler didn't bust on the Broncos. He was actually paid an extraordinary amount of money for his performance here.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #195
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paxton Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Not saying he is, im just saying the broncos will be back in the future. Saying the broncos will be bad for the next 10-15 years is like saying the steelers or packers will. There are certain franchises that just are not at the bottom for that long and have multiple good years with little bad ones. The broncos are one of those franchises.
Not while Elway is there. He can't draft to save his life.
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #196
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paxton Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Elway definitely deserves some criticism for the QBs he has drafted, but there's literally no history to support him being "scared" to draft QBs. Elway signed PFM to secure the QB position in FA and then he drafted Brock in the 2nd round. Brock wasn't a franchise QB. Then he traded up and drafted Lynch in the 1st round and like the majority of QB's taken later in the first round he busted. The thing was that he proved to be a bust much quicker and more dramatically than anybody thought (including Andy Reid who wanted to trade up to draft him). That left Elway in the position to sign a stopgap FA QB. The two QB's highest on Elway's board were Mayfield and Darnold, who were both gone, so he wisely went with the best defensive player in the draft.

If Keenum continues to falter, I fully expect that Kelly will get an evaluation period after the bye to show what he's got. If he doesn't flash starter potential, we're likely a 4 win team and drafting a QB in the 1st round next year. Also, Keenum's contract is essentially a one year with an option of another year. It won't be a tremendous hit to cut him next year.
Brock and Lynch are the reasons he didn't take Rosen.
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #197
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not while Elway is there. He can't draft to save his life.
He cant draft QB's. That we can all agree on.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #198
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

CB 4 & 3 should be back.

Yaidom got picked on.

With Lindsay back too, I think we should see a better team than against Baltimore.

I ain't calling it a given loss.
FCK KFC.
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #199
denverdude
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
Andy Reid is the Andy Dalton of coaches. Good enough for 8-10 wins every year without ever being great.

KC looks exactly like the Vick-LeSean-DeSean Eagles this year, with probably a little worse D.
Cool. I wish he was the Broncos coach.
denverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #200
denverdude
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post

Andy Reid also knows how to develop AND scout talent.

****, I'd take Andy Reid as our VP of Ops right now.
denverdude is offline   Reply With Quote