The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 08:00 AM   #1576
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Oh, this one:



Makes a lot more sense in this context.
I love how 61 is about ready to run downfield and block thinking he's taking off, then jumps back right at the end when he sees it's a pass.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #1577
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Oh, this one:



Makes a lot more sense in this context.
Right? it's basically the same play. Mahomes is awesome, but when I heard the comparisons to Elway's elusivity, I was picturing something like that long TD pass Elway had to Sharpe against SEA when he ducked the sack. Not something I saw Siemian do. yes, I know Mahomes's throw was a little deeper, but still.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 09-24-2018 at 09:10 AM..
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #1578
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

I am jealous and I will be honest, he seems like a good kid too. KC definitely has their QB.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:05 AM   #1579
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Oh, this one:



Makes a lot more sense in this context.

Wow this is scary how similar it was to the mahomes play this weekend.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #1580
Gelding Horse
Solid Starter
 
Gelding Horse's Avatar
 
I SEE ANOTHER QB IN OUR FUTURE JOHN

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 118

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Wow this is scary how similar it was to the mahomes play this weekend.
It really makes me wonder why Trevor isn't still at the helm!
Gelding Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #1581
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I am jealous and I will be honest, he seems like a good kid too. KC definitely has their QB.
Yeah and the fact that Mahomes was raised in a professional environment suggest s that the stage won't get too big for him. Good for KC. But I do prefer a life when Bob is miserable, so I won't be sad if he fails.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #1582
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah and the fact that Mahomes was raised in a professional environment suggest s that the stage won't get too big for him. Good for KC. But I do prefer a life when Bob is miserable, so I won't be sad if he fails.
Exactly!

Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #1583
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter
 
Zerovoltz's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.

Your turn to suffer Denver. (and in the back of your mind, you know I'm right)
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:35 PM   #1584
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter
 
Zerovoltz's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Clearly I hope you all lose this week, but I am delighted you all are 2-1 so far and on track for about an 8-8 season. Just perfect! Too crappy to make the playoffs, to good to draft high....and this draft might only have one or 2 QB prospects in it anyhow, so most likely you won't be getting one.....also LOVE that you guys think SWAG is the next big thing! ....I remember KC had a SWAG...his name was Tyler Thigpen. .....your SWAG didn't last to the very end of the draft ONLY becasue of off field issues.....He's just a guy too. Fits right into the idea that Denver is now in QB purgatory.
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #1585
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 27,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Wow this is scary how similar it was to the mahomes play this weekend.
They're not even remotely the same.

Siemian threw the ball 15 yards to the boundary and he didn't have a guy two yards behind him. He was able to slow up somewhat to deliver a more accurate pass than if he had been running full speed.

Mahomes threw it 30 yards between defenders with a guy right on his ass and couldn't slow down. He threw the ball 62 ****ing miles an hour.

Dumbass ****ing Donks.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:17 AM   #1586
RonStoppable
Seasoned Veteran
 
RonStoppable's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

I smell a big rivaraly in long term between mahommes and swag. I think both will play long and good.
Believe me :
http://www.espn.com.br/video/689228_...o-draft-da-nfl

But my prediction is swag>mahommes
RonStoppable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:18 AM   #1587
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 27,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

You guys are delusional with this Chad Kelly nonsense.

He'll probably never be an NFL starter.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:06 AM   #1588
RonStoppable
Seasoned Veteran
 
RonStoppable's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
You guys are delusional with this Chad Kelly nonsense.

He'll probably never be an NFL starter.
RonStoppable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:52 AM   #1589
Notorious
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 330

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post
I smell a big rivaraly in long term between mahommes and swag. I think both will play long and good.
Believe me :
http://www.espn.com.br/video/689228_...o-draft-da-nfl

But my prediction is swag>mahommes
Any player that takes away Lynch's backup spot on a QB rich team needs to be feared.
Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:04 AM   #1590
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Clearly I hope you all lose this week, but I am delighted you all are 2-1 so far and on track for about an 8-8 season. Just perfect! Too crappy to make the playoffs, to good to draft high....and this draft might only have one or 2 QB prospects in it anyhow, so most likely you won't be getting one.....also LOVE that you guys think SWAG is the next big thing! ....I remember KC had a SWAG...his name was Tyler Thigpen. .....your SWAG didn't last to the very end of the draft ONLY becasue of off field issues.....He's just a guy too. Fits right into the idea that Denver is now in QB purgatory.
What an idiotic statement . I would expect nothing less from a Chef fan who does not even know his own teams history?

Where was KC originally drafting in 2017?

Elway will do the same thing KC did and go get Justin Herbert.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:11 AM   #1591
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Right? it's basically the same play. Mahomes is awesome, but when I heard the comparisons to Elway's elusivity, I was picturing something like that long TD pass Elway had to Sharpe against SEA when he ducked the sack. Not something I saw Siemian do. yes, I know Mahomes's throw was a little deeper, but still.
Looked like Aaron Rodgers here:





This was a catch too. Andy should have challenged this.

Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #1592
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Looked like Aaron Rodgers here:





This was a catch too. Andy should have challenged this.

That was a great throw. Mahomes is great.

And everything above has zero to do with my point.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #1593
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
#MeToo

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,615

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
You guys are delusional with this Chad Kelly nonsense.

He'll probably never be an NFL starter.
Mahomes will never win a Super Bowl.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #1594
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer
 
OleNumber7's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Mahomes will never win a Super Bowl.
Which makes it so much more delicious each time the Chiefs inevitably fail in the playoffs. They finally get a QB but never get over the hump. A future Marino.
OleNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #1595
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleNumber7 View Post
Which makes it so much more delicious each time the Chiefs inevitably fail in the playoffs. They finally get a QB but never get over the hump. A future Marino.
That reminds me,
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #1596
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Elway traded up ahead of the Chiefs for one of the biggest busts in NFL history, his retread is not working out and the Chiefs draft a QB that is currently breaking records.

I’d say that so far the OP is accurate.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #1597
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,514

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

I love to watch Chief fan pump himself up. Makes the fall so much more enjoyable.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #1598
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Elway traded up ahead of the Chiefs for one of the biggest busts in NFL history, his retread is not working out and the Chiefs draft a QB that is currently breaking records.

Id say that so far the OP is accurate.


https://www.businessinsider.com/top-...blackmon-wr-17

Which one of these guys did Elway draft?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #1599
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Elway traded up ahead of the Chiefs for one of the biggest busts in NFL history, his retread is not working out and the Chiefs draft a QB that is currently breaking records.

Id say that so far the OP is accurate.
im not sure anyone drafted in the late 20s can be "one of the biggest busts in NFL history" but ok.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #1600
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 10,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
What does this have to do with anything. We are a mediocre team.

Mahomes is awesome. But chiefs fans are so ****ing annoying. All of you
i am ok with melissa ethridge.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Denver Broncos