The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #51
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
So 0%? You think we should drop Von Miller into Coverage a lot more because he is better at it than Chubb? Or do you think we should rush 5 way more often? Or perhaps you are not thinking about the entire team when you make blanket statements?
I watch the condensed 45 minute replay. A couple times he stood up as a mush rusher to keep Russ from scrambling but that was by design. Never once did I see Chubb drop back off the LOS (like Von did in the AFCC game to pick Brady ) except on the first TD. He occasionally would cover screen passes which SEA threw quite a bit to close out the half but those even superb interior DTs like Fletcher Cox cover screen passes.

His whole premise is flawed and actually non-existent when discussing Chubb role this game.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:21 AM   #52
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I watch the condensed 45 minute replay. A couple times he stood up as a mush rusher to keep Russ from scrambling but that was by design. Never once did I see Chubb drop back off the LOS (like Von did in the AFCC game to pick Brady ) except on the first TD. He occasionally would cover screen passes which SEA threw quite a bit to close out the half but those even superb interior DTs like Fletcher Cox cover screen passes.

His whole premise is flawed and actually non-existent when discussing Chubb role this game.
Agreed. I also saw what looked like a zone blitz type concept that is used to confuse the QB; I have no issues with changing it up on defense. In fact, I prefer it.

Only Harris, Simmons, and Stewart had 100% of the snaps on defense. Chubb got 54 snaps at 95%. Von had 50 snaps. It is obvious that the coaching staff is microwaving Chubb to get him up to speed.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #53
itswutz4dinna
Siemster's Union Member

Catch the ball, Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Freeman will never be as good as CJ? Are you serious?

Call me crazy.....I think he'll be far better.
This pretty much proves my point; nobody can agree on RBs and everyone here undervalues Denver RBs.

CJ was the hardest RB in the league to bring down, had excellent vision, blocking, and receiving skills, and never fumbled. Only thing he didn't have was CJ2K speed; Freeman is faster but probably worse at everything else. I still think he's really good, but CJ is just a tough act to follow.

Also, why do people keep saying Carroll got screwed by not being allowed to waste a challenge and TO on an obvious Denver recovery? Just wanting to challenge a play doesn't mean you will win.
itswutz4dinna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #54
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
The refs may have given Denver a huge gift on the first TD drive.
Replay showed Royce fumbled at the Denver 48 and Carroll threw the flag a fraction of a second before the play right in front of the side judge but the ref chose to let the play continue.

I just watched the play several times.
Didnít he also recover that fumble
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #55
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I liked CJ, but I think you are greatly overrating him. There were plenty of RBs with more yards on less carries. He was a workhorse, but he was an average workhorse. Last year was his first breakout year, he was solid last year. But that is just one year. His best, solid, breakout year.. just over 1k yards and rated 9th in the league. Not bad. Only 3 TDs, just at 4 yards a carry.. so statwise, nothing special honestly.

I liked CJ too.. just not sure why some people were so gaga over him. He was usually very very average, and one solid year doesn't makes him a keeper imo. We'll be much better off with the pair of RBs we have now I think.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:24 AM   #56
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The refs may have given Denver a huge gift on the first TD drive.
Replay showed Royce fumbled at the Denver 48 and Carroll threw the flag a fraction of a second before the play right in front of the side judge but the ref chose to let the play continue.

I just watched the play several times.

Royce recovered the fumble though. He was also touched by the D player before the D player stripped him of the ball, thus making him down by contact.

The refs actually did Pete Carroll a favor because had they challenged the play they would have seen royce fumble, recover, be touched down by contact and then ultimately after down by contact for a few moments have the ball taken from him. Long after the play is over.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #57
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
I liked CJ, but I think you are greatly overrating him. There were plenty of RBs with more yards on less carries. He was a workhorse, but he was an average workhorse. Last year was his first breakout year, he was solid last year. But that is just one year. His best, solid, breakout year.. just over 1k yards and rated 9th in the league. Not bad. Only 3 TDs, just at 4 yards a carry.. so statwise, nothing special honestly.

I liked CJ too.. just not sure why some people were so gaga over him. He was usually very very average, and one solid year doesn't makes him a keeper imo. We'll be much better off with the pair of RBs we have now I think.
Yeah I agree with this. He wasn't a very sharp route runner, and he didn't have great speed. He was a good back but he was wearing down.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #58
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

My god the overhyping of CJ by some is ridiculous. Hardest RB in the LEAGUE to bring down? Give me a break. Dude was average at best. We won't miss him.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #59
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
This pretty much proves my point; nobody can agree on RBs and everyone here undervalues Denver RBs.

CJ was the hardest RB in the league to bring down, had excellent vision, blocking, and receiving skills, and never fumbled. Only thing he didn't have was CJ2K speed; Freeman is faster but probably worse at everything else. I still think he's really good, but CJ is just a tough act to follow.

Also, why do people keep saying Carroll got screwed by not being allowed to waste a challenge and TO on an obvious Denver recovery? Just wanting to challenge a play doesn't mean you will win.
Is it undervaluing a Denver RB to say that a Denver RB is better than him?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #60
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

Is this for real?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #61
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
My god the overhyping of CJ by some is ridiculous. Hardest RB in the LEAGUE to bring down? Give me a break. Dude was average at best. We won't miss him.
There's a wide gap between "hardest in the league" and "average"

You're just as wrong as they are.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #62
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Guys, in a 3-4 defense the OLBs HAVE to drop into coverage from time to time. You already have three DL up front. If both OLBs literally crashed the line of scrimmage on every play, OCs would just exploit the short middle area of the field with quick passes. Additionally, dropping the OLBs into coverage on occasion gives the DC flexibility to disguise blitz packages. Now, I'd agree you wouldn't wanna see Chubb dropping back frequently. I haven't looked that closely at that aspect of the game; maybe it was excessive. But he's got to be able to do it on occasion.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #63
Shattuck
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
A Superbowl team? No. Last year we would have lost to this Seattle team. I believe we are steps above last years team. With Case, the young guys, better OL play, we will see how many steps by midseason.

Didn't have Von Miller Why would they make that case. You play who you play and are you good enough.
I think Iím chasing my tale. What Iím trying to say is in every game you could say well if this and this happened or if that didnít happen or if that guy wasnít hurt or the coach called the right play we would have blown them out. The score is the final result of everything that happened you can always go back and take away mistakes or anything and get the desired results.

Iím responding to the guys that say if they Denver didnít turn the ball over they would have blown Seattle out which I agree with but they did turn it over so thatís what was.
Shattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #64
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquette King

Quote:

Cecil Lammey? Is that you?
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote