The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2018, 08:01 AM   #1
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default NRA TV... really?? LOL

Angry over diversity in children's show, NRA TV depicts 'Thomas & Friends' in KKK hoods

Using a jarring image to blast increased diversity on a children's TV show, a National Rifle Association online show depicted characters from "Thomas & Friends" in white, Ku Klux Klan-style hoods on burning train tracks.

Host of NRA TV's "Relentless," Dana Loesch went after the classic children's character Thomas The Tank Engine after its maker, Mattel, joined forces with the United Nations in efforts to increase gender diversity and representation on the program and include new characters from around the globe.

Loesch, a conservative spokeswomen for the gun rights group, specifically called out one new character – Nia, a steam engine from Kenya.

"That's where it gets really strange to me," Loesch says on Friday's episode. "Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white? Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity? I mean they had to paint what I guess they thought was some sort of African pattern on the side of Nia's engine."

The program cut to an image with three trains wearing white hoods and tracks on fire. "Fair, I get it," Loesch sarcastically says. "Thomas the Tank Engine has been a blight on race relations for far too long. Clearly this is overdue."

complete article

Last edited by Guess Who; 09-13-2018 at 08:05 AM..
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Why would the NRA be anti-diversity. don't they feel everyone should own guns or only white people?

Maybe they are just a fringe organization for white hate.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote