The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #8526
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

It's hard for me to think of a player who I enjoy seeing fail more than Tom Brady.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #8527
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 18m
Ravens open to trading Arthur Brown per @RapSheet. 2nd round pick last year. Surprising.

I'm in favor of a 2nd year MLB. He appears to be a bust but maybe test the waters with a late round pick next year.
Ravens "may" be in the market for a RB. We have one in the doghouse (who most of us think sucks but may have value to league personnel). Maybe Ozzie would take Hillman off our hands in exchange? Then we elevate Kapri to #4. Cut Tony Carter to make space :-).
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #8528
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He sucked week one. He said he would retire when "he sucked". I suppose he meant over the course of a season though
Well, to be fair, he pretty much sucked last year.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #8529
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Ravens open to trading Arthur Brown per @RapSheet. 2nd round pick last year. Surprising.

I'm in favor of a 2nd year MLB. He appears to be a bust but maybe test the waters with a late round pick next year.
I think Nate Irving graded out pretty well in his first game at MLBer.

Do not need
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #8530
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Was going to suggest this. Swap 2nd round busts at higher need spots for each team.

Fresh start might do them both good.
Trade Hillman...Yes.. Take their scraps...No. We don't need another LB right now. They can pay for Hillman with a third or 4th next year or find someone else.

Watch out that they don't try to poach Bibbs off the PS.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #8531
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:

Was this the kid from K State, that everyone (including myself) was in full meltdown mode because we didn't draft him. I thought for sure he was going to be a beast and we missed out on something big.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #8532
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Was going to suggest this. Swap 2nd round busts at higher need spots for each team.

Fresh start might do them both good.
I like it.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #8533
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I actually don't hate Tom Brady. He's not a bad person. He's a good football player. He's also been dicked over by Darth Hoody so many times it's embarrassing. As years have gone on, I hate good players less and less and realize it's their team's stupid trolling fans I hate. Players are just doing their jobs. There are dirty players like DJ Swearinger on the Texans who I quickly hope get mild to severe sinus infections, but overall my hatred of awesome players has changed to appreciation over the years.

I think Brady really did have some kind of leg injury and his lack of reps hurt his chemistry early in the season. I think his accuracy has begun to wane in recent years.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #8534
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Jay Cutler Was The Most Catastrophic Quarterback Of Week 1http://regressing.deadspin.com/jay-c...ee-1632009572/
Frown Cannon wins again!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #8535
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Frown Cannon wins again!
He really made some bad, un-clutch throws in that game.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #8536
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's not what SoCal would say!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #8537
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I thought this was pretty awesome from the Bengals as an organization.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ncer-research/
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #8538
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
Was this the kid from K State, that everyone (including myself) was in full meltdown mode because we didn't draft him. I thought for sure he was going to be a beast and we missed out on something big.
Yep that's him. I was so damn glad when the Ravens popped him. He is not a MLB to me. Didn't understand the hype then.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #8539
pricejj
jungle

Quote:

I remember BMore Manning wanted to pick this guy #28 overall. Wondered what they were going to do with him when they picked Mosley. But I wonder if they just picked Mosley to keep him from the Broncos. I didn't like Arthur Brown coming out, but haven't seen him play in preseason or anything.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #8540
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I remember BMore Manning wanted to pick this guy #28 overall. Wondered what they were going to do with him when they picked Mosley. But I wonder if they just picked Mosley to keep him from the Broncos. I didn't like Arthur Brown coming out, but haven't seen him play in preseason or anything.
They wanted Mosley because they need a stud MLB to make their defense work.
Losing Lewis would be like us losing Manning and having to replace him with a pure option QB and trying to run the same offense that Manning had.

Brown is a OLB in the NFL.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #8541
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
They wanted Mosley because they need a stud MLB to make their defense work.
Losing Lewis would be like us losing Manning and having to replace him with a pure option QB and trying to run the same offense that Manning had.

Brown is a OLB in the NFL.
He's either a 4-3 OLB, or a 3-4 ILB, which is where the Ravens have him on the depth chart. Right behind Mosley. Why would the Ravens pick Brown if they were going to give up on him so soon? Some really bad GM'ing going on over there. Neither Brown, Upshaw, Kindle, nor Jimmy Smith worked out.

Its like their whole mission in life is to keep LB's from the Broncos. Good luck with that philosophy. Its kind of like Belliche, spending too many high draft pick on LB's.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #8542
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
Yes. He was on my radar as well.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #8543
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
He's always thought he was better than everybody and could put the ball anywhere, no matter the situation. I like the gambler spirit. Elway certainly had it. But Cutler, I've always considered full of hubris and reckless. And then, when he does screw the pooch, he doesn't give a ****.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #8544
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Jay Cutler Was The Most Catastrophic Quarterback Of Week 1http://regressing.deadspin.com/jay-c...ee-1632009572/
Very typical throws by baby Jay. Off his back foot throwing against the grain, staring down WR, etc. He hasn't improved one bit since his second year in the league and he doesn't plan on it either.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #8545
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Flacco bailed him out with the 80 yard TD to Smith, because other than that play Flacco had to have had the most atrocious play by a "big name" QB.

Anyone see the end of the first half where he ran out the clock rather than give his team a chance for a FG? Mind blowing that guy has a $120M contract.
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #8546
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
He's either a 4-3 OLB, or a 3-4 ILB, which is where the Ravens have him on the depth chart. Right behind Mosley. Why would the Ravens pick Brown if they were going to give up on him so soon? Some really bad GM'ing going on over there. Neither Brown, Upshaw, Kindle, nor Jimmy Smith worked out.

Its like their whole mission in life is to keep LB's from the Broncos. Good luck with that philosophy. Its kind of like Belliche, spending too many high draft pick on LB's.
I think the Broncos and Ravens have similar interest in players but I doubt they are picking guys to keep them away from Denver.
I think Brown was simply overrated and now with the addition of Mosley he isn't needed and they want to move him for a piece they need.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #8547
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

I sincerely doubt they are drafting guys to keep them from the broncos
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #8548
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Flacco bailed him out with the 80 yard TD to Smith, because other than that play Flacco had to have had the most atrocious play by a "big name" QB.

Anyone see the end of the first half where he ran out the clock rather than give his team a chance for a FG? Mind blowing that guy has a $120M contract.
I saw it and it was AWESOME! Keep gettin' those checks, Flacco.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #8549
Bronco
Ring of Famer

Not your buddy

Bills have a new owner and are staying in buffalo.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/09/news...lo-bills-sale/
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #8550
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
I actually don't hate Tom Brady. He's not a bad person. He's a good football player. He's also been dicked over by Darth Hoody so many times it's embarrassing. As years have gone on, I hate good players less and less and realize it's their team's stupid trolling fans I hate. Players are just doing their jobs. There are dirty players like DJ Swearinger on the Texans who I quickly hope get mild to severe sinus infections, but overall my hatred of awesome players has changed to appreciation over the years.

I think Brady really did have some kind of leg injury and his lack of reps hurt his chemistry early in the season. I think his accuracy has begun to wane in recent years.
My Tom Brady hate comes from my friends baiting me trying to tell me he is(or should I now say WAS) a better QB than Elway.

Then Belly and mCd just caused it to snowball. The stupid pictures he finds himself in just make it easier to mock him but I am sure he doesn't care and enjoys cashing his checks and partying with his hot wife and her gay friends (not that there is anything wrong with having gay friends).
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote