The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2015, 06:53 AM   #14151
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

I don't get the KC hype. Comparing the teams straight up, Broncos have a demonstratably better defense - significantly better in yards, basically the same in points. Better vs the run, better vs the pass. Better line, better secondary, better linebackers. Broncos have better stats in spite of having faced tougher competition (yes, it's only 2 games, but those 2 games are Brady and Luck vs Tyrod Taylor and Brian Hoyer).

Chiefs have a better OL, Broncos have better skill position players. QB is roughly a push at this point.

Broncos are a better team right now than KC because of defense. That D ain't going no-where... They will be better than KC next year too. And, any rational observer would have to see room for Bronco offensive improvement - 2nd year in scheme, 2nd year starting for Osweiler, more continuity for the OL. Of course, Charles will be back, but he will be a 30 year old speed-back with significant injury baggage - no guarantee he returns to form.

As far as average age goes - the chiefs are, on average, 0.36 years younger. Big whoop. I would expect that gap to tighten once a 39 year old QB exits stage left.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:55 AM   #14152
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Haha




You guys' win over Cincy was no better than the KC win over Cleveland.
Now I have heard it all.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:55 AM   #14153
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Haha

A great team?

With a backup QB
on a retarded play by Burfict in OT that drew a 15 yard penalty that swung the whole game
A missed FG to put Cincy up 17-0 at the half

Gimme a break.

You guys' win over Cincy was no better than the KC win over Cleveland.
Your honor, I would like to submit this post as exhibit A.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:56 AM   #14154
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Haha

A great team?

With a backup QB
on a retarded play by Burfict in OT that drew a 15 yard penalty that swung the whole game
A missed FG to put Cincy up 17-0 at the half

Gimme a break.

You guys' win over Cincy was no better than the KC win over Cleveland.
Lol.

A win vs an 11-3 team desperately fighting for a bye-week is no better than a win vs a 3-11 team that threw in the towel?

Are you high?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:57 AM   #14155
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 16,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I don't get the KC hype. Comparing the teams straight up, Broncos have a demonstratably better defense - significantly better in yards, basically the same in points. Better vs the run, better vs the pass. Better line, better secondary, better linebackers. Broncos have better stats in spite of having faced tougher competition (yes, it's only 2 games, but those 2 games are Brady and Luck vs Tyrod Taylor and Brian Hoyer).

Chiefs have a better OL, Broncos have better skill position players. QB is roughly a push at this point.

Broncos are a better team right now than KC because of defense. That D ain't going no-where... They will be better than KC next year too. And, any rational observer would have to see room for Bronco offensive improvement - 2nd year in scheme, 2nd year starting for Osweiler, more continuity for the OL. Of course, Charles will be back, but he will be a 30 year old speed-back with significant injury baggage - no guarantee he returns to form.

As far as average age goes - the chiefs are, on average, 0.36 years younger. Big whoop. I would expect that gap to tighten once a 39 year old QB exits stage left.
Rep. Great post.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:58 AM   #14156
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow2 View Post
This board is funny. I had some good banter leading up to the cincy game and when I talked the same smack while the score was 14-0 I got banned. Lol




Going to be fun Sunday. If we meet in the playoffs, I will be so into it, I won't have time to post.....until after we win.
You weren't banned you are just a chicken **** that disappeared after talking smack.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:58 AM   #14157
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Haha

A great team?

With a backup QB
on a retarded play by Burfict in OT that drew a 15 yard penalty that swung the whole game
A missed FG to put Cincy up 17-0 at the half

Gimme a break.

You guys' win over Cincy was no better than the KC win over Cleveland.

Quoting again because this is just..... Wow..... I mean..... I don't even have the words for this.


I bet even Chiefs fans think this is an embarrassing post.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #14158
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 16,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Lol.

A win vs an 11-3 team desperately fighting for a bye-week is no better than a win vs a 3-11 team that threw in the towel?

Are you high?
This is how dumb LossChief is. Really, really dumb. Forgetting to breathe sometimes-level dumb. He's dumb at a molecular level.

I really wish folks would stop quoting him, as it makes the entire board's IQ drop by 10 points every time (and let's face it: with Papa John running this place, it isn't exactly a Mensa meeting to begin with), but here we are.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #14159
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You weren't banned you are just a chicken **** that disappeared after talking smack.
I have never seen or heard of a two day ban come to think of it. Mods? Is there such a thing?

Please tell me this loser is also a liar!

PLEASE!
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #14160
BossChief
AFCCG or bust
 
"Next year" is finally here!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Lol.

A win vs an 11-3 team desperately fighting for a bye-week is no better than a win vs a 3-11 team that threw in the towel?

Are you high?
Why did the Chiefs jump 3 spots in the NFL power rankings all the way to 4 while Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8, then?

Maybe because people that aren't homers agree with me.
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:02 AM   #14161
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Lol.

A win vs an 11-3 team desperately fighting for a bye-week is no better than a win vs a 3-11 team that threw in the towel?

Are you high?
How does one top the "best d since the 85 bears" and "the Chiefs secondary is the best in the league"?

With this.


My god.


Boss chief is unintentional comedy gold.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #14162
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I have never seen or heard of a two day ban come to think of it. Mods? Is there such a thing?

Please tell me this loser is also a liar!

PLEASE!
They do that at CP so he is just saying they do it here. He talked the talk, but tucked his tail and walked. Their forum is just like their fans. Soft, sensitive, wimps who have banned any fans fairly quick in the past. Now they have to go find them on other boards to pump up their KC special of beating bad football teams and backup QBs.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #14163
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Why did the Chiefs jump 3 spots in the NFL power rankings all the way to 4 while Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8, then?

Maybe because people that aren't homers agree with me.
because power rankings are retarded constructs created to generate page views?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #14164
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 16,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Why did the Chiefs jump 3 spots in the NFL power rankings all the way to 4 while Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8, then?

Maybe because people that aren't homers agree with me.
I opened this post... and... wow.

Power rankings! POWER RANKINGS! MEANINGLESS POWER RANKINGS!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, I'm dying over here from laughter.

Power rankings.

Holy Jesus, that's a new level of ****ing stupidity that we don't often get here. And this is the Mane!

One great feature of the ignore list: you can open a single post to read the idiocy if you want to, and the guy remains on ignore. It's just marvelous.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #14165
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Why did the Chiefs jump 3 spots in the NFL power rankings all the way to 4 while Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8, then?

Maybe because people that aren't homers agree with me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH


POWER RANKINGS!!!!!


YOU ARE USING POWER RANKINGS AS A DEFENSE?!?!?


Dude, seriously, walk away from the keyboard for a bit. Reality is hurting your soul so much it's making you crack emotionally.

We are better. Just accept it. It's ok. One of these days you guys will get a real QB and be competitive.

Just be patient. But for the love of god this delusion is really tearing you apart and it's sad to watch.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:06 AM   #14166
BossChief
AFCCG or bust
 
"Next year" is finally here!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Quoting again because this is just..... Wow..... I mean..... I don't even have the words for this.


I bet even Chiefs fans think this is an embarrassing post.
Tell me why KC jumped 3 spots all the way to 4th in power rankings for beating the lowly 3-11 Browns when Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8th overall for beating the great 11-3 Bengals team giving it their all and trying to win HFA...

Maybe because people that actually, you know, watch the games agree with me.

Cleveland was a totally different team with Manziel.
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #14167
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I opened this post... and... wow.

Power rankings! POWER RANKINGS! MEANINGLESS POWER RANKINGS!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, I'm dying over here from laughter.

Power rankings.

Holy Jesus, that's a new level of ****ing stupidity that we don't often get here. And this is the Mane!

One great feature of the ignore list: you can open a single post to read the idiocy if you want to, and the guy remains on ignore. It's just marvelous.
Great minds think alike obvi
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #14168
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Tell me why KC jumped 3 spots all the way to 4th in power rankings for beating the lowly 3-11 Browns when Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8th overall for beating the great 11-3 Bengals team giving it their all and trying to win HFA...

Maybe because people that actually, you know, watch the games agree with me.

Cleveland was a totally different team with Manziel.
OMG HE IS DOING IT AGAIN YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #14169
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 16,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
OMG HE IS DOING IT AGAIN YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Doubling down on power rankings. Absolute Embarrass.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #14170
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Tell me why KC jumped 3 spots all the way to 4th in power rankings for beating the lowly 3-11 Browns when Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8th overall for beating the great 11-3 Bengals team giving it their all and trying to win HFA...

Maybe because people that actually, you know, watch the games agree with me.

Cleveland was a totally different team with Manziel.
****ing power rankings? Really? You know that was a pathetic effort by KC at home vs the poop stains. Why don't you tell us what KC/Denver record is against teams with winning records this year?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:09 AM   #14171
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 50 Champs

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,423
Default

They jumped in the power rankings?

Holy **** Chiefs going to the Rosebowl!!!!111!!!!
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:12 AM   #14172
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,496

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Why did the Chiefs jump 3 spots in the NFL power rankings all the way to 4 while Denver only jumped 1 spot to 8, then?

Maybe because people that aren't homers agree with me.
Yay! Meaningless dribble. Would have thought that after preseason you would have given up the pr queen act. Oh btw, these guys don't agree:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/rankings?src=desktop
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:12 AM   #14173
OABB
Internet Warrior
 
OABB's Avatar
 
Battle tested.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 19,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

I have been an Internet warrior for many a moon. I have been involved in some of the most epic battles ever forged on the landscape of 1's and 0's.

I killed my first man when I was just a boy over a beautiful girl.... (She ended up being a disgusting fatty, but in those days we weren't as prepared for catfish defense).


I have never, ever, and I mean NEVER battled with an enemy that EVER posted something more inane than boss chief has this morning.

It is a post that will live in infamy.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:13 AM   #14174
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 29,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
OMG HE IS DOING IT AGAIN YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
They were undefeated in preseason you guys.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:13 AM   #14175
BossChief
AFCCG or bust
 
"Next year" is finally here!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I don't get the KC hype. Comparing the teams straight up, Broncos have a demonstratably better defense - significantly better in yards, basically the same in points. Better vs the run, better vs the pass. Better line, better secondary, better linebackers. Broncos have better stats in spite of having faced tougher competition (yes, it's only 2 games, but those 2 games are Brady and Luck vs Tyrod Taylor and Brian Hoyer).

Chiefs have a better OL, Broncos have better skill position players. QB is roughly a push at this point.

Broncos are a better team right now than KC because of defense. That D ain't going no-where... They will be better than KC next year too. And, any rational observer would have to see room for Bronco offensive improvement - 2nd year in scheme, 2nd year starting for Osweiler, more continuity for the OL. Of course, Charles will be back, but he will be a 30 year old speed-back with significant injury baggage - no guarantee he returns to form.

As far as average age goes - the chiefs are, on average, 0.36 years younger. Big whoop. I would expect that gap to tighten once a 39 year old QB exits stage left.
You do realize that we've been playing largely with backups on defense, right?

Houston has been out over a month
Hali has had a broken thumb
Allen Bailey is just getting back after missing a month or so
Abdullah has been out a month or so
(Also, Gaines has been on IR since September)

With the exception of Hali, we are getting healthy at the right time.

If you guys lost Miller, Ware, Jackson, Bruton and Roby...you'd be struggling.

(And yes, I know Ware and Bruton have missed time)
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Denver Broncos