The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #3826
Flacko
UDFA

3x Champions

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I didn't like the trade, but I liked what I saw from him last year.

27 TD's and 7 INT's in the first year of a new system. Think Reid had a good idea of him in his system.

Also has 9 TD's and 0 INT's in 3 playoff games. I think he showed a lot last year. But honestly you don't need an elite QB to win the SB. Flacco and Wilson showed us that.
Since the Chiefs defense and Alice's supporting cast is soooo awesome. Take away Jamaal Charles that offense is bottom of the barrell.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #3827
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
Since the Chiefs defense and Alice's supporting cast is soooo awesome. Take away Jamaal Charles that offense is bottom of the barrell.
Weren't they bottom of the barrel even with Charles?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #3828
boltaneer

Quote:

27 TD's and 7 INT's in the first year of a new system. Think Reid had a good idea of him in his system.

Also has 9 TD's and 0 INT's in 3 playoff games. I think he showed a lot last year. But honestly you don't need an elite QB to win the SB. Flacco and Wilson showed us that.
I think Charger, Bronco and Raider fans are all hoping for Smith to get that big contract extension.

And I'll just leave it at that.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #3829
Flacko
UDFA

3x Champions

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Weren't they bottom of the barrel even with Charles?

Took one post. I wanted to see what bs KCdud would come up with. Like maybe Bowe is leagues better than DT and how Smith is the best in the West.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #3830
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

#MeToo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VJ's headset

Quote:
It has to be the biggest beatdown in team history. Denver never stood a chance. Not for 1 minute of that game. There was not 1 play of that game where they weren't behind and struggling to do something about it.

But oh well last season is over. Elway knows the Manning window is quickly closing and is doing everything possible to get the ring.

But the problem is, what happens when Manning retires? It's going to be very interesting seeing Elway's true colors when Manning isn't doing all the work for him.

He lucked out in year 1 with Tebow. Will be interesting to see who takes over the QB position.
When Manning retires, we will be like the Chiefs.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #3831
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

this thread could go for another 20 years and a dozen thousand pages, and the truth would still be the same. THE CHIEFS SUCK!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #3832
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
Remember that one time Charles got a concussion and Alex Smith led the offense to 44 points without him?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #3833
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Very few teams without an elite QB win the superbowl.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #3834
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Very few teams without an elite QB win the superbowl.
That's funny because the last two Super Bowl winning QBs aren't elite.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #3835
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
this thread could go for another 20 years and a dozen thousand pages, and the truth would still be the same. THE CHIEFS SUCK!!!
Yep. I think of this thread as "The Walking Thread". It's never gonna die.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #3836
Bronc0guy

Quote:
Remember that one time Charles got a concussion and Alex Smith led the offense to 44 points without him?
Lol. How could anyone ever forget that game?
Old 04-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #3837
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why don't you list the last 20 winners? I think it is fair to say Wilson is a franchise QB. It is possible to do when you got an all time great D that is in the history books. Should I go dig up that thread where you got your panties in a bunch when I said Seattle and Carolina D were better than the queefs and you thought I was crazy. KC D in reality wasn't very good.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 04-06-2014 at 02:38 PM..
Old 04-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #3838
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why don't you list the last 20 winners? I think it is fair to say Wilson is a franchise QB. It is possible to do when you got an all time great D that is in the history books. Should I go dig up that thread where you got your panties in a bunch when I said Seattle and Carolina D were better than the queefs and you thought I was crazy. KC D in reality wasn't very good.
I think there are only a few truly elite franchise QB's. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees.

I don't think Wilson is on their level. He's an above average QB who does everything well and has the luxury of playing on the most loaded team in the nfl.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #3839
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think there are only a few truly elite franchise QB's. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees.

I don't think Wilson is on their level. He's an above average QB who does everything well and has the luxury of playing on the most loaded team in the nfl.
Please list the last 20 SB winners. There are very few Brad Johnsons, Dilfers, Flaccos.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #3840
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Please list the last 20 SB winners. There are very few Brad Johnsons, Dilfers, Flaccos.
Doesn't mean that it's not possible to have a chance to win with them. Along w Flacco and Wilson, guys like Kaepernick and Grossman led their team to the SB.

It's becoming more common.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #3841
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Doesn't mean that it's not possible to have a chance to win with them. Along w Flacco and Wilson, guys like Kaepernick and Grossman led their team to the SB.

Plenty of mediocre QB's have made the SB that is nothing new.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #3842
Cutler Throw That Ball
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wilson was only in his second year. He still could be elite. He has a lot of football yet. Was Brady elite in 2001?
Cutler Throw That Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #3843
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It has to be the biggest beatdown in team history. Denver never stood a chance. Not for 1 minute of that game. There was not 1 play of that game where they weren't behind and struggling to do something about it.

But oh well last season is over. Elway knows the Manning window is quickly closing and is doing everything possible to get the ring.

But the problem is, what happens when Manning retires? It's going to be very interesting seeing Elway's true colors when Manning isn't doing all the work for him.

He lucked out in year 1 with Tebow. Will be interesting to see who takes over the QB position.
It wasn't any worse then the '89 Super Bowl. Not going to be an apologist for the game, as what you said is true. Denver was manhandled in the game and beat by a superior team.

Far as the rest of your post, I'm more of a live in the moment type of person. And currently Denver is likely the best team in the AFC. They have made some changes to their team to give them a better chance of winning against a team like San Francisco or Seattle. There are a lot of things that could derail that, but they certainly have a chance (and as far as the AFC goes, the best chance of anyone probably).

Obviously, there will likely be a drop off when Manning retires, so you are not saying anything that anyone being honest about it hasn't expected. That was a given from the moment Denver signed him. It's a short window but one that any sane Chiefs fan would kill to have.

Still, I don't think it's safe to assume they are going to be complete dog **** after Manning retires either. I do think Denver will find a way to get a competent QB behind center, whether that is someone on the roster already or someone that Elway will add late.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #3844
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I think Flacco, Wilson and Kaep are all superior QB's to Alex Smith. Regardless, it is KC's horrid pass defense that would be a much bigger concern to me as far as expecting to go on a long playoff run.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #3845
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose

Quote:

Smith lost his NFC Championship game before getting benched the next year for a better QB who repeated the same feat. SF will benefit from the 2 - 2nd round picks they got from kFc for Alice in this years draft while kFc will be hamstrung and likely forced to trade back to pick up a 2nd 2nd round pick or another 3rd round pick. THey have a ton of holes to fill and little to fill with.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #3846
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Smith lost his NFC Championship game before getting benched the next year for a better QB who repeated the same feat. SF will benefit from the 2 - 2nd round picks they got from kFc for Alice in this years draft while kFc will be hamstrung and likely forced to trade back to pick up a 2nd 2nd round pick or another 3rd round pick. THey have a ton of holes to fill and little to fill with.
Alex smith didn't lose that game. Kyle Williams fumbled the punt and giving NYG an easy chip shot FG for the win.

Good God you don't even watch the games do you?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #3847
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
I think Flacco, Wilson and Kaep are all superior QB's to Alex Smith. Regardless, it is KC's horrid pass defense that would be a much bigger concern to me as far as expecting to go on a long playoff run.
Lot of SF will disagree about Kaep, esp after the terrible decisions he made in the SEA game.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #3848
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Alex smith didn't lose that game. Kyle Williams fumbled the punt and giving NYG an easy chip shot FG for the win.

Good God you don't even watch the games do you?
I hate to say it, so so much, but after two and a half years on this board this tool is finally right about this one.

canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #3849
Bronc0guy

Quote:
Lot of SF will disagree about Kaep, esp after the terrible decisions he made in the SEA game.
No niner fan with a brain would rather put kaep back on the bench and have Alice back starting. Not a one. Riddle me this, as a chiefs fan going forward, would you rather have smith or kaep?

Last edited by Bronc0guy; 04-06-2014 at 10:08 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #3850
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
No niner fan with a brain would rather put kaep back on the bench and have Alice back starting. Not a one. Riddle me this, as a chiefs fan going forward, would you rather have smith or kaep?
After watching Kaepernick make incredibly dumbass throws and decisions, i'd take Alex. Good thing he has an elite run blocking line, because he's better with his feet than with his arm

Last edited by KCStud; 04-07-2014 at 07:44 AM..