The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #26
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPupiak View Post
All of this talk about how "he's not ready" is BS.

Was PFM ready his first year when he threw 28 INTs? Was Elway ready his first year when he was pretty lousy? Was Goff ready when his stat line was 5 TDs and 7 INTs in 7 games? What made Mahomes so much more ready than Kelly considering they are both in their second year [besides the fact that Reid is a far superior coach]? The point is that you have to play the man to see what you have.

Their is zero question that Kelly has superior skills than Keenum, just needs experience. Lets pull the plug on this madness already.

-Gary
How do we know unless we do? Keenum doesn't look ready either so what's the harm?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:32 PM   #27
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I'd stick with Keenum for the full year, broncos can win with him if other things get sorted out. Give Kelly time to get ready for next year.
Get ready for next year? By sitting on the bench and watching the starting QB suck? He did that the entirety of LAST year! Don't forget, he's not a rookie. He's had PLENTY of time observing from the bench. He doesn't need more time watching and "getting ready," he needs to be on the field because that's where he will learn the most.

Kelly will be far more ready to lead this team in 2019 if he plays 10 games this season than if his first start is Week 1 of next year.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #28
GaryPupiak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Get ready for next year? By sitting on the bench and watching the starting QB suck? He did that the entirety of LAST year! Don't forget, he's not a rookie. He's had PLENTY of time observing from the bench. He doesn't need more time watching and "getting ready," he needs to be on the field because that's where he will learn the most.

Kelly will be far more ready to lead this team in 2019 if he plays 10 games this season than if his first start is Week 1 of next year.
^^^x1000.

A lot of folks act like he is a rookie when he is not
GaryPupiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
I'd stick with Keenum for the full year, broncos can win with him if other things get sorted out. Give Kelly time to get ready for next year.
Kelly was a redshirt last year, they need him to start now. Keenuts is a complete waste as a starter, he would be fine as a backup who never had to see the field or maybe had to play a game or 2 here and there.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #30
Black96WS6
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!??

Wait what were we talking about?
Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #31
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...ankings-week-6

"Guess who the Broncos had as their highest rated QB in that draft class? Was it Mahomes? NOPE, it was CHAD FíING KELLY!!!"

"If the freaking Browns and Cardinals can figure it out, then the Broncos need to be able to or weíre even worse than those two teams have been (and theyíve been baaaaaaaad). "

Go SwaGoat
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #32
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If he was their top rated QB, they wouldn't have waited until the last round.

That said, we clearly know nothing about QB evaluation.. so even if that is true, which i doubt, how much stock would you put into that?

PFM started because he was a franchise caliber prospect.

These first round QBs are starting because their teams believe that to also be true about their QBs.

If you are the coaching staff, and you think Chad has shown enough to think that he could be a franchise QB at some point, then yeah it's time to start thinking about it. From my perspective, i doubt he amounts to anything and would like to continue to try and work through this with Case.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #33
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Can someone explain why they didn’t put Kelly in during garbage time last week? He could use in-game reps. I didn’t see any need to have Keenum finish the game when the outcome was already decided.
qbronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #34
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Can someone explain why they didnít put Kelly in during garbage time last week? He could use in-game reps. I didnít see any need to have Keenum finish the game when the outcome was already decided.
They put Kelly in and the crowd will go crazy if he doesn't start next week. They want to make the decision of when he begins his play.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:51 PM   #35
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I'd rather watch paint dry than one more week of sober Orton.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #36
GaryPupiak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
They put Kelly in and the crowd will go crazy if he doesn't start next week. They want to make the decision of when he begins his play.
When Keenuts struggles on Sunday it's gonna get ugly. Once the crowd turns on him they won't have any choice but to put in Swagg
GaryPupiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #37
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPupiak View Post
When Keenuts struggles on Sunday it's gonna get ugly. Once the crowd turns on him they won't have any choice but to put in Swagg
Damn. Must suck when someone on the hometeam thinks they are walking in to a buzzsaw.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #38
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
From my perspective, i doubt he amounts to anything and would like to continue to try and work through this with Case.
Are you a Chiefs fan?
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #39
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
I'd say that the time to play Kelly is this year, when they have nothing to lose. If he doesn't play at all, I can't see them going into next year with him being the guy. Over the offseason they'll be looking for another QB because Keenum would have been cut and they would have no idea what they have in Kelly. So get him a large sample size this year so they can make a decision on him over the offseason.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #40
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:

That said, we clearly know nothing about QB evaluation.. so even if that is true, which i doubt, how much stock would you put into that?

These first round QBs are starting because their teams believe that to also be true about their QBs.

If you are the coaching staff, and you think Chad has shown enough to think that he could be a franchise QB at some point, then yeah it's time to start thinking about it. From my perspective, i doubt he amounts to anything and would like to continue to try and work through this with Case.
There's not much to work out with Keenum. We know how this story is going to end. Maybe 5 wins. We'll be focused on the draft before Thanks Giving again. So why continue with him. Go to the next option to see what's there. If Kelly doesn't show anything, get another QB over the offseason.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #41
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I'd say that the time to play Kelly is this year, when they have nothing to lose. If he doesn't play at all, I can't see them going into next year with him being the guy. Over the offseason they'll be looking for another QB because Keenum would have been cut and they would have no idea what they have in Kelly. So get him a large sample size this year so they can make a decision on him over the offseason.
Really the only F-up the Broncos have avoided is the scenario where they don't play Chad and pull some mid-tier talent in the offseason and trade Chad where he goes on to an uber successful career. Not playing him is looking like A) a mistake and B) VJ's afraid that this is his last ride and he isn't going to stake it on a close to rookie QB.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #42
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

There's no need to throw Kelly out there when he's going to get his ass beat.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #43
razorwire77
Great week of practice!!!

Leader of Men

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I don't think you throw him to the wolves next week. After that pretty much all bets are off (although my guess is if he gets a shot, it will be after the bye).
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #44
kappys
Ring of Famer

ďIt will be of little avail to the

Quote:

Given that they had just drafted Paxton probably didn't bother looking at any first or 2nd round projected QB's which meant that he was probably just their top rated mid to late round flyer at QB
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #45
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Why Elway and VJ are so afraid to bench Keenum. It's not like he is manning or Brady.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #46
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
There's no need to throw Kelly out there when he's going to get his ass beat.
Why not? Keenum is going to get his ass beat with certainty.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #47
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Why Elway and VJ are so afraid to bench Keenum. It's not like he is manning or Brady.
I imagine itís pretty hard to admit you have made an $18M mistake. Hopefully, they suck up their pride and do the right thing. I donít know if Kelly is the answer, but itís becoming clearly evident that Keenum is not.
qbronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #48
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
I imagine itís pretty hard to admit you have made an $18M mistake. Hopefully, they suck up their pride and do the right thing. I donít know if Kelly is the answer, but itís becoming clearly evident that Keenum is not.
I donít think anyone would hold it against the Broncos for kicking the tires on a kid with actual physical tools.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:52 PM   #49
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Fckng eh.. Bench grandma arm basket Case Keenum.
Fire grandma faced and torso'd yet lacking the wisdom of an old woman VJ.

Then send Jake the Snake Plummer to tell Swag he won the job at Casa Bonita.

Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:11 AM   #50
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

https://www.change.org/p/denver-bron...-qb-chad-kelly

RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote