The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #826
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
We assume that Kelly is a better option than Keenum because we only have his performance in Training Camp and Preseason to judge. But, based on those metrics many of us assume he would be a superior options to Keenum. However, that may not in fact be the case. At this point, I would prefer to roll with Kelly for the rest of the season as an extended Audition. But, I don't have any insight into his ability beyond the glimpses we all saw in preseason. It is very possible that he would actually be far worse than Keenum. But, even if that were the case. I would say give Kelly at least two games, and if he completely s***** himself on the field, we can always go back to Keenum.
No one is assuming anything like that. What we are saying is Kelly cant be WORSE than Keesum.
The only reason Keesum is playing is because Elway gave him 32 MIL.
Keesum is horrible. Hes plain bad.
Kelly cant be worse than this. And if he is, who cares? Then DEN knows they BOTH suck and they can move on.
People keep saying that posters here think Kelly is BETTER than Keesum. Or hes some really, really good QB. Nobody knows that.
BUT!! We want to find out.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say I'm pretty sure Kelly can complete 14 passes in a game and have at least one INT in EVERY game for the season.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #827
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 10,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
No one is assuming anything like that. What we are saying is Kelly cant be WORSE than Keesum.
The only reason Keesum is playing is because Elway gave him 32 MIL.
Keesum is horrible. Hes plain bad.
Kelly cant be worse than this. And if he is, who cares? Then DEN knows they BOTH suck and they can move on.
People keep saying that posters here think Kelly is BETTER than Keesum. Or hes some really, really good QB. Nobody knows that.
BUT!! We want to find out.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say I'm pretty sure Kelly can complete 14 passes in a game and have at least one INT in EVERY game for the season.
Didn't we just go through the whole..."He can't be worse", game last season? They can ALWAYS be worse.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #828
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Didn't we just go through the whole..."He can't be worse", game last season? They can ALWAYS be worse.
They COULD, but I don't understand your point.

Are the Broncos a super bowl contender? No. Is Case Keenum part of the future? No. Might Chad Kelly be part of the future? Maybe! So, knowing this, I'd rather see what we have in Kelly sooner than later. If they want to wait till they are eliminated, fine. I get that. But its not secret that Kelly is A LOT more physically talented than Keenum.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #829
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Didn't we just go through the whole..."He can't be worse", game last season? They can ALWAYS be worse.
9 INTS in 7 games. Kelly cant be worse. He might be as bad, but he cant be worse.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #830
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Didn't we just go through the whole..."He can't be worse", game last season? They can ALWAYS be worse.


Itís more about finding out if he can or canít. Not getting stuck in the offseason of figuring out what you have with no real game reps/film.


If heís worse, they know to move in a new direction come March. If heís better, they have a jump on 2019.


The end result this year is no playoffs. Wasting time with Keenum, who will be gone in the near future anyway.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #831
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 10,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
9 INTS in 7 games. Kelly cant be worse. He might be as bad, but he cant be worse.
Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Peterman, Derek Anderson, Carr, Mariota, Bortles, Winston...lots of guys playing as bad or worse than Case right now. Notice that most of them are first year guys as well, just like Kelly.

I still think there is something to be said for trying to compete. I know everyone here is so sure they know how the team is going to perform, and you may be proven right. Patience is still the smart play. No one is running away with the AFC yet, and despite the feelings of a lot of fans on here...the team has actually been competitive.

I agree that if things are legitimately lost, then they do need to see what Chad can bring, but that is 4th quarter of the season stuff. Assuming he has detoxed by then.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #832
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Peterman, Derek Anderson, Carr, Mariota, Bortles, Winston...lots of guys playing as bad or worse than Case right now. Notice that most of them are first year guys as well, just like Kelly.

I still think there is something to be said for trying to compete. I know everyone here is so sure they know how the team is going to perform, and you may be proven right. Patience is still the smart play. No one is running away with the AFC yet, and despite the feelings of a lot of fans on here...the team has actually been competitive.

I agree that if things are legitimately lost, then they do need to see what Chad can bring, but that is 4th quarter of the season stuff. Assuming he has detoxed by then.


Only Bortles Mayfield and Mariota lower than Keenum right now. Iíd take every one of those QBs over Keenum. Keenum just handcuffs the team with his limited skills. And when those skills donít work, you get this. This is just who he is. And the coaching staff keeps using him like a top tier.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #833
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,601

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Peterman, Derek Anderson, Carr, Mariota, Bortles, Winston...lots of guys playing as bad or worse than Case right now. Notice that most of them are first year guys as well, just like Kelly.
Peterman and Bortles were benched. Darnold, Rosen, Allen are rookies. Carr and Winston have a higher passer rating than Keenum. Derek Anderson, I believe, was pulled off the street and has played one game.

So, yea, I don't know if I would go with "lots of guys" are playing worse.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #834
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,942
Default

Keenum is the man!!!


TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #835
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Keenum is the man!!!


How many are rushes?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #836
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
How many are rushes?
Most, probably. I was being sarcastic, in case it wasn't obvious!
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #837
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,942
Default

We know the Broncos aren't in the top 10 nor the bottom 5 in allowing pressure on the QB...


TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #838
Papa-pwn
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 238

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
How many are rushes?
We have 28 passes of over 20 yards, so 15 runs over 15. Though almost all of the 20+ yard passes are YAC.

Last edited by Papa-pwn; 10-24-2018 at 11:29 AM..
Papa-pwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #839
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
We have 28 passes of over 20 yards, so 15 runs over 15. Though almost all of the 20+ yard passes are YAC.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Denver Broncos