The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #76
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Sounding more and more like Herbert might not declare after this season...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #77
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Then 2019 is perfect for the Swag experiment.

What happened to the Montez hype?
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #78
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Then 2019 is perfect for the Swag experiment.

What happened to the Montez hype?
It's still there. It's just that McIntyre is a moron who won't use him correctly.
Wildcat without Shenault? Wow that's idiotic. Montez is better than any COL player with his legs or his arm in that situation and they don't use him. Dumb.
To not have faith in Montez to get 3 yards with either his arm or legs is just plain stupid. There's no excuse for crap like that and it's why they lost yesterday.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #79
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
It's not like Denver ever had a shot at him anyways.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #80
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Probably not, no. But never say never!
Old 10-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #81
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He's been saying he wants to play with his brother who coming in as a freshman TE next year.
Perfect time for Swag to get his shot. If he don't look like he's legit, I can just see Elway moving up to get Lock. I can just feel it. Don't make any fart bets this time, Req. Elways got QB fever.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #82
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Herbert is on his third head coach and third offensive system since he got there. Helfrich, Taggart and now Cristobal. They are all quite a bit different as far as philosophy goes offensively, but the kid has shown he can digest different offenses and be successful. He is a straight A student who has talked openly about wanting to finish school to earn his degree. On top of that, his brother is a top-tier TE commit to the Ducks and he has the chance to play with him next year if he stays.

He could use another year of seasoning and it would be nice for him to actually have some consistency in coaching to sharpen up his game. Unless he ****s the bed or gets hurt badly next year, he is going to be a top pick, even in a deeper QB class. He could still very well declare, but I honestly doubt it. That's why I wrote a counter to the "Suck for the Duck" article a colleague of mine wrote the other day at MHR. A handful of teams worse than Denver need a QB. With their win against Arizona, unless they sell the farm and one of those teams (like the Giants) wants to move down, it'd be virtually impossible. Denver got jumped by the Jets to get Darnold anyways, so an even larger move for a guy who probably won't even declare seems tenuous at best.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #83
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Herbert is on his third head coach and third offensive system since he got there. Helfrich, Taggart and now Cristobal. They are all quite a bit different as far as philosophy goes offensively, but the kid has shown he can digest different offenses and be successful. He is a straight A student who has talked openly about wanting to finish school to earn his degree. On top of that, his brother is a top-tier TE commit to the Ducks and he has the chance to play with him next year if he stays.

He could use another year of seasoning and it would be nice for him to actually have some consistency in coaching to sharpen up his game. Unless he ****s the bed or gets hurt badly next year, he is going to be a top pick, even in a deeper QB class. He could still very well declare, but I honestly doubt it. That's why I wrote a counter to the "Suck for the Duck" article a colleague of mine wrote the other day at MHR. A handful of teams worse than Denver need a QB. With their win against Arizona, unless they sell the farm and one of those teams (like the Giants) wants to move down, it'd be virtually impossible. Denver got jumped by the Jets to get Darnold anyways, so an even larger move for a guy who probably won't even declare seems tenuous at best.
Link? Good points. I'd love to read it.
Thanks, Req.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:38 PM   #84
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
He's been saying he wants to play with his brother who coming in as a freshman TE next year.
Perfect time for Swag to get his shot. If he don't look like he's legit, I can just see Elway moving up to get Lock. I can just feel it. Don't make any fart bets this time, Req. Elways got QB fever.
Lock? I certainly hope not. He has performed terribly the past four weeks outside of yesterday's game against Memphis. Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama destroyed him. Now he has Kentucky and Florida up next and I doubt he does that great against them. He has regressed this season. You don't sell the farm for Lock or even trade up for him. Based on his performances against good defenses this year, I'd probably give him a hard pass even if he was on the board when the Broncos picked. Not worth it to me.

As far as what I wrote, it's dated, but here it is. The article I referenced from Joe is linked within it.

Jason La Canfora talked about the Herbert stuff (leaning toward staying) earlier today.

As you knew, I was a huge Royce Freeman fan and I'm quite familiar with Oregon as a program. Never have felt the impression all year long that he would declare, just the exact opposite. The Ducks (after FSU and the Bison) are the other team I root for. Will be fun when NDSU goes to Eugene. It's kind of funny, Oregon was my top choice for college and the first school to accept me, but after finding out how expensive it was and the Twin Cities (U of Minnesota) putting me on a waitlist (a joke considering my test scores and grades), I just said **** it and went to Fargo. Go Bison!

Last edited by Requiem; 10-21-2018 at 03:46 PM..
Old 10-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #85
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Lock? I certainly hope not. He has performed terribly the past four weeks outside of yesterday's game against Memphis. Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama destroyed him. Now he has Kentucky and Florida up next and I doubt he does that great against them. He has regressed this season. You don't sell the farm for Lock or even trade up for him. Based on his performances against good defenses this year, I'd probably give him a hard pass even if he was on the board when the Broncos picked. Not worth it to me.

As far as what I wrote, it's dated, but here it is. The article I referenced from Joe is linked within it.

Jason La Canfora talked about the Herbert stuff (leaning toward staying) earlier today.

As you knew, I was a huge Royce Freeman fan and I'm quite familiar with Oregon as a program. The Ducks (after FSU and the Bison) are the other team I root for. Will be fun when NDSU goes to Eugene. It's kind of funny, Oregon was my top-choice for college and the first school to admit me, but after finding out how expensive it was an the Twin Cities putting me on a wait list (), I just said **** it and went to Fargo. Go Bison!
Yeah, I agree. Locks not worth it, but as you know, he's gonna get hyped cause of the rocket arm and he also has some upside as a 1st round QB. He's got some excuses too in terms of his schools offenses and the changes they have made.
I wouldn't like it, but I think Elway is gonna draft a QB high now until he hits on one. Glad you just went to NDSU. Go Bison!
Thanks for the links. Appreciate your work, man.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:35 AM   #86
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Rookie QB updated ratings:

QB rating:
29 Mayfield
31 Darnold
32 Rosen
33 Allen

QBR:
29 Mayfield
30 Darnold
31 Rosen
33 Allen
Old 10-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #87
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #88
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Yeah, if he's projected to be the first pick in the draft it would be almost criminally stupid to go back to school.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #89
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:

**** that. I want him.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:06 PM   #90
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

If we're waiting another year, there's always Tua.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:08 PM   #91
yerner
Ring of Famer

Tua’s sick.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:17 PM   #92
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Yeah I'm a little surprised at all this talk of waiting another year in anticipation of a quarterback not named Tua, honestly. Kinda figured he'd be the obvious target if we're tanking that far ahead. I haven't really scouted any of these guys or watched a ton of college football this year, though. Don't wanna have another near-Baker experience.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:19 PM   #93
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Anyway if we're trying to figure out who Denver will most likely roll with, just look for the biggest kid with the greatest amount of physical ability and the least amount of positional intangibles.

So probably, like, Drew Lock.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:22 PM   #94
yerner
Ring of Famer

Jake Locker 2
Old 10-24-2018, 11:23 PM   #95
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Tua’s sick.
I would wait for this guy. He's the next Russel Wilson.
Herbert is JAG.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #96
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I would wait for this guy. He's the next Russel Wilson.
Herbert is JAG.
I was thinking Steve Young. Broader shoulders though. Throws smoke.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:28 PM   #97
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Anyway if we're trying to figure out who Denver will most likely roll with, just look for the biggest kid with the greatest amount of physical ability and the least amount of positional intangibles.

So probably, like, Drew Lock.
I could see this all day. Rocket arm, nothing else. He's Jay Cutler 2.0.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:30 PM   #98
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I was thinking Steve Young. Broader shoulders though. Throws smoke.
The guy is cash money. He's a good pocket passer, he throws bullets, he's really good throwing on the run, he can run and scramble. It's all there.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:06 AM   #99
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The guy is cash money. He's a good pocket passer, he throws bullets, he's really good throwing on the run, he can run and scramble. It's all there.
Christ, you were so right, we should have traded all the picks for Darnold. I might be dead before we see another Super Bowl.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #100
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
If we're waiting another year, there's always Tua.
Trevor Lawrence too. Both these kids are naturals.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote