The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2015, 01:14 PM   #15601
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Why in the hell is Roger Goodell in all caps and in bold like he is some kind of god?
Maybe it's his legal personality under deceleration of maritime law.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #15602
Maleficent
Fake ❤️
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,408
Default

@RapSheet:

The #Colts announced that both QBs -- Andrew Luck and Matt Hasselbeck -- are questionable for tomorrow's game vs #Texans
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #15603
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 33,055

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Safety first Goodell says! Thursday games blow.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #15604
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 40,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
@RapSheet:

The #Colts announced that both QBs -- Andrew Luck and Matt Hasselbeck -- are questionable for tomorrow's game vs #Texans
This is too precious. ****ty OL, no real running game, WR's who cannot handle physicality and without your top 2 QB's..... They really do want to fire Pagano.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #15605
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,320

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Broncos inquired about Vernon Davis after losing Julius Thomas, according to report.
The Denver Broncos entered this offseason with Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas as their two most notable free agents. The team placed the franchise tag on Demaryius, but they could not retain Julius. The latter Thomas signed a five year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Broncos replaced Julius Thomas with Owen Daniels, who they signed to a three year contract.

Daniels is a solid enough tight end who has dealt with some injuries. He should benefit tremendously playing with Peyton Manning. However, one report indicates the Broncos had their sights on a bigger target. According to Bejamin Allbright, the Broncos called the San Francisco 49ers to inquire about Vernon Davis, but were rebuffed.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/3/1...-julius-thomas


Anyone think this could get revisited soon? Sorry this is a old rumor, just thought it would be worth talking about with the need for a better TE outside the RZ.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 10-07-2015 at 11:01 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #15606
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,880
Default

But, but, virgil green.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:52 AM   #15607
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,716
Default

Manning is having trouble getting lots of guys targets.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #15608
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Let's Go Broncos!!!

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 35,498

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Manning is having trouble getting lots of guys targets.
This is not surprising with a patchwork O-line.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:26 AM   #15609
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
This is not surprising with a patchwork O-line.
Or learning a new Offense based on ball control, when you can't even run the ball, and face 3rd and 10 nearly every series.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:54 AM   #15610
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Let's Go Broncos!!!

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 35,498

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Or learning a new Offense based on ball control, when you can't even run the ball, and face 3rd and 10 nearly every series.
RB struggles are also (at least partially) due to O-line struggles, IMO -- and learning the new offensive scheme does understandably take a bit of time.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:29 AM   #15611
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 40,174
Default

Do I think it get revisited? No, because the Niners are a **** show and their brass thinks they have the answer to ever equation.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:03 AM   #15612
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Do I think it get revisited? No, because the Niners are a **** show and their brass thinks they have the answer to ever equation.
If they didn't understand that they were going to be rebuilding this year prior to the season, there is probably no helping them now. I would throw a 5th their way to see if they'll bite now.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:26 AM   #15613
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,468

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

The struggle over the NFL returning to LA continues: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...007-story.html
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #15614
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,594
Default

New York Jets brings its own toilet paper to England

Quote:
Ah, the comforts of home. The New York Jets football team landed in London today with their usual equipment, plus 350 rolls of good ol' 'Murican toilet paper. Apparently the toilet paper in London is too thin for them.
"Some may say that’s a little over the top or whatnot, but it didn’t really cost that much, so why not?” Aaron Degerness, the team's operations manager told the New York Times. “We’re basically trying to replicate everything that we’re doing here over there.”
Smart thinking, who knows what Limey tp they have over there... I bet they bring their own up to NE when they play the Pats*
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:08 AM   #15615
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,057

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

They use the same paper they use to serve fish and chips on, waxed paper. The advantage is it's reusable.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #15616
Gort
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
This is too precious. ****ty OL, no real running game, WR's who cannot handle physicality and without your top 2 QB's..... They really do want to fire Pagano.
never underestimate the evil that lurks in the soul of an Irsay.

i learned that lesson in March 1984.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #15617
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 40,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
never underestimate the evil that lurks in the soul of an Irsay.

i learned that lesson in March 1984.
Well said.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #15618
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 55,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Or learning a new Offense based on ball control, when you can't even run the ball, and face 3rd and 10 nearly every series.
We have had some big drops killing drives as well.

Manning looks vintage Manning when the OL allows him to set up where he wants to in the pocket and he has confidence in them.

If I were a DC I would bring pressure all the time from multiple angles.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #15619
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
We have had some big drops killing drives as well.

Manning looks vintage Manning when the OL allows him to set up where he wants to in the pocket and he has confidence in them.

If I were a DC I would bring pressure all the time from multiple angles.
Manning had plenty of time against Minnesota most of the time and struggled. This blaming the o-line thing is weak sauce.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:12 AM   #15620
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 11,119

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I assure you, I went to a better school and have more real world experience dealing with variables than you. You will have to take my word on it, as I'm not about to get into a dick-measuring contest here.

McD has zero success without Belichick, and lots of success with him. This isn't all that complicated.
Take your word on it? Your thought process can be seen through your posts which emit trash.

I already know you're a wannabe behind a keyboard, all you had to do is post your schooling and your real world experience, but you decide to just make a statement with no proof or evidence, and no information on my schooling or real world experience, and then make a fact out of this empty data. That shows that you are a poor thinker and have a poor mind.

Is Belichick the only different variable in which McDaniels has/has not had success? Or are there many others that follow?

You say it's not that difficult, but the business of the NFL is...if it wasn't you should be betting on football games and calling it a career after 1-2 years.

To be real with you, with the proof and evidence so far given of your posts, the value of your mind in the "real world" is probably not worth very much...low to mid 5 figures at best.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #15621
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

when FA goes right,....and wrong

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nf...demarcus-ware/
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #15622
Gort
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
the fact that Suh is already looking like little more than Haynesworth ver. 2.0 probably doesn't surprise too many people. i predict he'll end up in prison at some point, just like that guy from the Rams who had anger issues after his career was over and he tried to run down some kids one Halloween.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #15623
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Take your word on it? Your thought process can be seen through your posts which emit trash.

I already know you're a wannabe behind a keyboard, all you had to do is post your schooling and your real world experience, but you decide to just make a statement with no proof or evidence, and no information on my schooling or real world experience, and then make a fact out of this empty data. That shows that you are a poor thinker and have a poor mind.

Is Belichick the only different variable in which McDaniels has/has not had success? Or are there many others that follow?

You say it's not that difficult, but the business of the NFL is...if it wasn't you should be betting on football games and calling it a career after 1-2 years.

To be real with you, with the proof and evidence so far given of your posts, the value of your mind in the "real world" is probably not worth very much...low to mid 5 figures at best.
ok. Welcome to my ignore list. I've had it with your condescending tone in each and every thread. I'm not getting into a slap fight because it's worth it.

When you can discuss things in a civil manner, I'll be happy to talk to you but I have no interest in any discussion where you question the intelligence, education, and employment of whom you are talking to.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #15624
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
ok. Welcome to my ignore list. I've had it with your condescending tone in each and every thread. I'm not getting into a slap fight because it's worth it.

When you can discuss things in a civil manner, I'll be happy to talk to you but I have no interest in any discussion where you question the intelligence, education, and employment of whom you are talking to.
I'm fairly certain Action is in his early 20s, maybe graduated college, but not by more than 3 years.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #15625
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I'm fairly certain Action is in his early 20s, maybe graduated college, but not by more than 3 years.
I think so too, which is why I'm bowing out. I have neither the time, energy, nor disposition to get into an internet slap fight.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Denver Broncos