The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stop-s...into-his-hands

Stop Saying Trump Committed ‘Treason.’ You’re Playing Into His Hands.

Quote:
The Trump-Putin relationship is not of concern merely to liberal snowflakes. On the contrary, it ought to be of even greater concern to conservative patriots, which is why the Helsinki press conference has been condemned even by Fox News.

Those of us who also can’t stand Trump’s misogyny, kleptocracy, and vulgarity need to set those issues to the side right now. The issue is not the Trump Baby, but the president of the United States failing to defend the country against attacks by a foreign power, and siding with the leader of that foreign power against his own intelligence services.

It’s neither true nor helpful to shout “treason” at Trump. On the contrary, it’s the kind of sloppy falsehood that Trump himself would use.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,667
Default

Semantics...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #53
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Semantics...
...

Quote:
Even when Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were convicted of spying for the Soviet Union, they weren’t charged with treason, because the Cold War was undeclared, and not a formal “war.” Nor were other Russian spies such as Aldrich Ames and Robert Hanssen.

In fact, the only indictment of treason since World War II was of American-born al Qaeda supporter Adam Gadahn. Unlike Russia, al Qaeda is a formal “enemy” of the United States, because Congress authorized war against it. And in fitting with war, Gadahn was killed in a U.S. airstrike in 2015.

...
First, as indicated by the Constitution’s use of the word “only,” and the fact that treason is defined in the Constitution in the first place, the Framers were very concerned about the loose use of “treason” to describe all kinds of activities. (Indeed, the Constitution goes on to set forth detailed requirements for establishing the crime in court.) The king of England did that often, with bad results. It’s an easy way to crack down on political dissent.

Progressives should share that concern today. Critics of the United States are more likely to be suspected of treason than are conservatives; Trump is an anomaly. Just a few years ago, it was whistleblower Edward Snowden whom politicians from John Bolton to Dianne Feinstein were accusing of treason. The word has been carelessly applied to and is frequently in the QAnon conspiracy. In the 20th century, it was regularly lobbed at ’60s activists, suspected communists, and even the state of California.

This is not a word that people who care about civil liberties should use loosely.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #54
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,667
Default

Finally, now is also a time for bipartisan unity against a severe threat to our nation’s integrity and status in the world community. The word “treason” increases the volume and decreases the meaning of the accusation. It makes it too easy for Republicans to say, essentially, “there you go again, hysterically yelling at President Trump.” And it makes it harder for moderate Republicans to get on board with Democrats against Trump.

As we have seen ample proof of over the last couple of days, there are no "moderate" Republicans and nobody in the Republican Party has the will, or the guts, to stand up to Donald Trump (*except, of course, for those who are leaving office). Don't worry. The Dems appear to be just as gutless. The intense danger America faces right now is not just that Trump is a lying traitor. It's that Trump is a lying traitor and the Congress is entirely dysfunctional. Let's face it, all that McConnell and Ryan care about is their party holding onto power. All that Pelosi and Schumer care about is their party getting back into power. There is no such thing as "bipartisan."

Trump is going to keep "winning" until somebody with balls stands up and puts and end to his bull****. Hopefully, Mueller steps up to the plate soon and indicts the POS.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #55
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 32,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
...
The guy under investigation for collusion with the Russians, suspected of being a Russian puppet, just went to see Putin...alone...with nobody else in the room.

Who gives a rat's ass what you call it?

He's a traitor. He's sold this country out, either for money or because of blackmail. You elected the worst human on the planet to run this country, now you want to quibble about words and semantics?

If this ****stain isn't a traitor, then no such thing exists.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #56
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 16,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Finally, now is also a time for bipartisan unity against a severe threat to our nation’s integrity and status in the world community. The word “treason” increases the volume and decreases the meaning of the accusation. It makes it too easy for Republicans to say, essentially, “there you go again, hysterically yelling at President Trump.” And it makes it harder for moderate Republicans to get on board with Democrats against Trump.

As we have seen ample proof of over the last couple of days, there are no "moderate" Republicans and nobody in the Republican Party has the will, or the guts, to stand up to Donald Trump (*except, of course, for those who are leaving office). Don't worry. The Dems appear to be just as gutless. The intense danger America faces right now is not just that Trump is a lying traitor. It's that Trump is a lying traitor and the Congress is entirely dysfunctional. Let's face it, all that McConnell and Ryan care about is their party holding onto power. All that Pelosi and Schumer care about is their party getting back into power. There is no such thing as "bipartisan."

Trump is going to keep "winning" until somebody with balls stands up and puts and end to his bull****. Hopefully, Mueller steps up to the plate soon and indicts the POS.

TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #57
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

"Resolution."

Balls of steel.

Dems: "Why, goddamn it! I'm inflamed! I'm pissed! I'm outraged! I'm going to propose a resolution!!!"

Republicans: "We block it."

Dems: "Oh. Okay."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #58
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,822

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

Quote:
The issue is not the Trump Baby, but the president of the United States failing to defend the country against attacks by a foreign power, and siding with the leader of that foreign power against his own intelligence services.

It’s neither true nor helpful to shout “treason” at Trump. On the contrary, it’s the kind of sloppy falsehood that Trump himself would use.
That doesn't make any sense. Describe treason, and then say it's not treason?
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #59
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

Man. Look at that pic!

"Should I get on my knees now, master?"
"No. Not yet. Good boy."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #60
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That doesn't make any sense. Describe treason, and then say it's not treason?
Well if 'failure to defend' against it is Treason, you guys had better call up the prior admin as well.

Obama couldn't even convince his own party to let the FBI look at their servers.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #61
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 76,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Well if 'failure to defend' against it is Treason, you guys had better call up the prior admin as well.

Obama couldn't even convince his own party to let the FBI look at their servers.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #62
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 83,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That doesn't make any sense. Describe treason, and then say it's not treason?
Beaver's not faring much better than nyuKKK today in his attempts to deflect and spin Benedict Donald's treason away.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Denver Broncos