The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #14851
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy

Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Eh. 34 year old RB who hasn't done much the last few years. I guess he might be a good guy to share some carries, but I don't think he's much of a game changer at this point. It is interesting that the Pats also contacted him when he was released.
I'm thinking Jackson and Lynch have about 500 touches left in them, and they're both good backs if used in tandem. Better than Micheal and Lynch, or Turbin and Lynch. We shall see.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #14852
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
no, he's not even the best S on his own team. and a healthy Berry is better S than Kam
Just curious, how did you grade this to come out with that outcome?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #14853
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
watching film on Johns Gruden's inflatable mattress whilst eating 3-day-old Chinese Food.

probably interned with the Grudes while you were banned from the OM so no biggie you didn't hear about it.

AWOOOOOOOOO!
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #14854
BossChief
AFCCG or bust

"Next year" is finally here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Some people, you know...watch football.

Berry plays box safety
Single high
Corner
Locks down TEs

He does a lot more than Kam does....and can do a lot more than asked of him, as well.
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #14855
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...herman-thomas/

It's just crazy the jump KC had in total pass defense missing Berry. 25th to 2nd. Makes you wonder how good Ron Parker is in this argument.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #14856
Shattuck
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Interesting I never thought it was even debatable that Thomas was the best free safety in the NFL and Chancellor was the best Strong safety until I came here guess I need to watch more games I only ever heard of Berry when he got cancer.

I remember last year many guys here thought Peterson was better than Sherman. Do any of you still feel that way? Just curious I thought Revis was about washed up at the start of last year so I'm no expert either.
Shattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #14857
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Berry is a good safety. I'm just getting hung up on how he is better than Cam and it's not even close.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 09-08-2015 at 07:41 PM..
Old 09-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #14858
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Day late and probably MOON but longtime colt reggie wayne asked to be released by the pats two weeks after signing a year contract and days after final cuts were made. It's great to see players with some integrity.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...gland-patriots
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #14859
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattuck View Post
Interesting I never thought it was even debatable that Thomas was the best free safety in the NFL and Chancellor was the best Strong safety until I came here guess I need to watch more games I only ever heard of Berry when he got cancer.

I remember last year many guys here thought Peterson was better than Sherman. Do any of you still feel that way? Just curious I thought Revis was about washed up at the start of last year so I'm no expert either.
I agree with you on the safeties, although I really like Weddle but As far as CB's go Harris leapfrog Sherman and by default leapfrogged revis last year too according to me, most of the mane, and PFF.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #14860
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

my post to DB was obviously in jest, but Thomas is the best S in the league FS or SS. His play, his contract and his coach basically echo those sentiments.

As far as Berry/Kam, I wasn't one who said it wasn't close. However, I did say a healty Berry is better and I think it's true because he's better in coverage, better deep and can still play in the box. Kam's the best in-the-box S in the league and he's good in coverage. However, I think Berry is *better* in coverage and more is required of Berry as Kam has more clearance to play a pseudo rover role over the middle of the field while Thomas is the eraser.

Both are probably top-5 S, but Berry's ability to play deep or in the box at a high level makes him more valuable imo.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #14861
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Maybe Kansas City and Seattle will find a way to swap them so we can know for sure!
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #14862
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

No, don't do it!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #14863
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
Day late and probably MOON but longtime colt reggie wayne asked to be released by the pats two weeks after signing a year contract and days after final cuts were made. It's great to see players with some integrity.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...gland-patriots
Likely probably more because he is aged and was running the wrong routes, had no steps left to lose and knew it was time to call it a career. Plus I think he still got a $450k signing bonus out of them.

Would be nice if it were because of integrity but if that were the case he wouldn't have gone there at all.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #14864
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Berry or Kam is just one person's opinion. I feel Berry can do more but Kam makes a lot more big time plays in clutch situations. I personally would take Kam. Berry probably has a longer career.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #14865
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I'm thinking Jackson and Lynch have about 500 touches left in them, and they're both good backs if used in tandem. Better than Micheal and Lynch, or Turbin and Lynch. We shall see.
Buffalo 2009 2.0. Jackson is a stud and a great role model for the community.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #14866
BossChief
AFCCG or bust

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
I agree with you on the safeties, although I really like Weddle but As far as CB's go Harris leapfrog Sherman and by default leapfrogged revis last year too according to me, most of the mane, and PFF.
Hahaha

Oh **** some of you guys' takes are hilarious.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #14867
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

The biggest problem with using PFF as an indicator is that it simply grades execution and on an extremely subjective level. Guys like Sherman and Harris were not asked to do all the different things that Revis and Peterson were for their teams. The same applies to the safeties.

As with all these arguments, context is King and most people lack the technical knowledge of football to understand the differences. Sherman is a complete Badass playing a simple cover 3 scheme. Make him cover the Slot or follow the other teams best WR in any of the formations and his performance numbers will likely not be so impressive.

The same with the safeties. Earl Thomas range is what makes that Cover 3 in SEA so dominant. The other guys can simply trust him to cover over the top and do their jobs and be aggressive in pass coverage. Berry's scheme and players under Sutton are not set up as well to take advantage of his talents as SEA is in letting Thomas do his Job. In short, SEA has constructed a very simple Defense, not unlike the Cover 2 used to be, that has the perfect players playing the roles they excel at. The length and speed of SEA is why the are hard to beat, and they are also damn physical up front against the run. That is how a dominant defense works. They play to the strengths of the players through scheme, and cover any weaknesses with simplicity and toughness.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #14868
BossChief
AFCCG or bust

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
The biggest problem with using PFF as an indicator is that it simply grades execution and on an extremely subjective level. Guys like Sherman and Harris were not asked to do all the different things that Revis and Peterson were for their teams. The same applies to the safeties.

As with all these arguments, context is King and most people lack the technical knowledge of football to understand the differences. Sherman is a complete Badass playing a simple cover 3 scheme. Make him cover the Slot or follow the other teams best WR in any of the formations and his performance numbers will likely not be so impressive.

The same with the safeties. Earl Thomas range is what makes that Cover 3 in SEA so dominant. The other guys can simply trust him to cover over the top and do their jobs and be aggressive in pass coverage. Berry's scheme and players under Sutton are not set up as well to take advantage of his talents as SEA is in letting Thomas do his Job. In short, SEA has constructed a very simple Defense, not unlike the Cover 2 used to be, that has the perfect players playing the roles they excel at. The length and speed of SEA is why the are hard to beat, and they are also damn physical up front against the run. That is how a dominant defense works. They play to the strengths of the players through scheme, and cover any weaknesses with simplicity and toughness.
Totally agree on Berry.

I dispise the fact they have used him mostly as a box safety.

He should have been used as a physical FS like Brian Dawkins in Philly/Denver was.

By using him the way they have, they totally neutralized his 4.4 speed, open field tackling ability and his opportunities to take the ball away.

I'll always say that Eric Berrys career was sent on a ban path once Monte Kiffen took over the defense at Tennesseee and made Berry a box safety when he was an unbelievable playmaker until that point.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #14869
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #14870
BossChief
AFCCG or bust

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...herman-thomas/

It's just crazy the jump KC had in total pass defense missing Berry. 25th to 2nd. Makes you wonder how good Ron Parker is in this argument.
Parker is damn good in his SHS role. 4.3 speed and excellent instincts paired with our pass rush made teams reluctant to throw deep on us.

He's a terrible tackler, though...for a safety.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #14871
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Good for Ben. Ride her till she bucks.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #14872
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Sometimes, it almost seems as if Pete Carroll knows what he's doing.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #14873
BossChief
AFCCG or bust

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Sometimes, it almost seems as if Pete Carroll knows what he's doing.
And he traded a 5th rounder for our 6th best safety and then signed one of our CBS to his practice squad.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #14874
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Of course Parker runs a 4.3. He plays for the queefs.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #14875
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
And he traded a 5th rounder for our 6th best safety and then signed one of our CBS to his practice squad.
How many times has this happened now?