The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #126
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
A.J. Derby

I'm thinking about getting an iPad or Nexus. Any recommendations?
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #127
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

One of the best purchases I ever made was getting my Macbook Pro.

They are just way better than PC's...

Easier to use
Less issues with viruses
Less issue...period.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #128
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I'm thinking about getting an iPad or Nexus. Any recommendations?
I like how customizable the nexus is, but the experience is not as streamlined as ipad and it you do root it you need to work a bit harder to upgrade the OS.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #129
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

As a Mac Book Pro user I get a kick out of PC users saying after tweaking their NEW PC's they hardly ever crash anymore. I have used my Mac Book Pro out of the box for 4 years now and I don't even know what a crash looks like.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #130
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Macs are horrible. I'm a professional web designer and illustrator and the Mac I had at my last day job crashed several times a day. Once I switched to Windows 7 at that job my production went through the roof. I'm now on Windows 8 and I LOVE it. I will NEVER use OSX or a Mac computer again, ever.

However, Apple's iOS products are leaps and bounds better than anything else on the market right now. Why? Because iOS has the development base that Microsoft lacks. If Microsoft took their head out of their ass and paid to port Adobe's creative suite to Windows 8's Metro paradigm they would run away with the market. It's my opinion that PCs running Windows are much better than Macs running OSX.

Go Windows or go home. Macs blow. Yes, I'm as much a Microsoft fan boy as much as you guys are Apple fanbois. And yes, I think Steve Jobs, no matter how brilliant, was a horrible excuse for a human being. He's dead and I send my condolences to his family but good grief, the man was a world class a-hole.

http://youtu.be/yg7Xh0m_Oco

Last edited by MaloCS; 04-13-2014 at 01:54 PM..
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #131
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
PhD candidate in electrical engineering. Apple is a joke to the research community. Companies like IBM and Microsoft perform real, valuable research that advances society and improves lives. Apple is a marketing company that has done nothing for the world. Therefore, I would never give them my money when it could be better spent elsewhere. Steve Jobs was a prick, and was not revered by anybody but the media.
Just because it hasn't made a huge impact in a particular field, doesn't mean it hasn't done anything for the world. The reality is, Apple has done a lot for the world and have made huge impacts in many fields.

For starters, being a solid competitor as an legitimate alternative to Windows/PC, thus pushing those companies forward, is far more important than anything Microsoft/IBM can do on their own.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #132
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
One of the best purchases I ever made was getting my Macbook Pro.

They are just way better than PC's...

Easier to use
Less issues with viruses
Less issue...period.
Fact is I don't want to pay what it would cost for a like Mac system.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #133
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
As a Mac Book Pro user I get a kick out of PC users saying after tweaking their NEW PC's they hardly ever crash anymore. I have used my Mac Book Pro out of the box for 4 years now and I don't even know what a crash looks like.
I have crashed every mac I have worked with the last 5 years - and I always get the same response, that is weird it never does that when I use it.

If it wasn't so expensive and more software ran on mac OS I would consider it, but it is just too limited for me.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #134
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I have crashed every mac I have worked with the last 5 years - and I always get the same response, that is weird it never does that when I use it.

If it wasn't so expensive and more software ran on mac OS I would consider it, but it is just too limited for me.
Good we have choices.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #135
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

My macbook pro crashes fairly regularly, btw. More than my PC did. It also sounds like a fricking 747 half the time after two years of use.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:23 PM   #136
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

Yep, I helped my friend who is also my guitar teacher buy an iMac 27" last year, she paid well over $3k for it. Got it unboxed and set up and it locked up right away after we installed Office on it. I give it credit, after a couple of lockups it did finally work.

Her old mac crashed hard when doing an OS upgrade to Leopard so she broke down and bought a new one.

But Mac's are perfect...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote