The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2017, 03:17 AM   #76
VeniceRockStar
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darren Drozdov

I'm starting to think our scouts swiped Foster's test tube and poured cannabis oil into it...
VeniceRockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:41 AM   #77
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
So, Foster gets into a fight with a medical employee and pisses hot -- at the combine of all places -- and that doesn't raise any concerns for you guys? Nah, nothing to worry about there.
He didn't piss hot, the sample was diluted and he admits to it. Nothing nefarious about that.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #78
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Carmelo is gonna get ****ed now.

/He doesn't care.

//Straight savage
If he's a Bronco I would be ecstatic
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #79
The.Underdog
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Indicia of savagery.

Want.

/Actually, I'm not sure we can justify a move up for a position that isn't OL or DL or TE in terms of pressing need.
Always go BPA, its not just about 2017 its about the career of the prospects.

No one is gonna to give us brownie points in 2020 if we took a tackle (in a weak group) and passed up on a potential pro bowl player.
The.Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #80
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

I wouldn't hesitate to take Foster @ 20, Mixon in the 2nd and look OT, TE, DL or WR with our 2 3rd round picks.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #81
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝

Chicks dig the deep ball.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
🎯#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
He didn't piss hot, the sample was diluted and he admits to it. Nothing nefarious about that.
Starling Marte had a similar excuse recently, too. He just got an eighty-game suspension. Foster is now in the drug program before he's even drafted, but it was only a diluted sample, right? Some solid excuse about how it was tainted only because of his illness... sounds legit.

If it was based on his play alone; I would love to have him. Look at the energy and time and money these players and agents spend to shave half a second or get just a tiny bit improved in an exercise for the combine. They train their body for months along with practicing interviews, just for this event. Foster not only gets tossed for fighting a medical person, but gets himself in the NFL's drug program to boot. Wow! We are trying to improve our draft stock here, dude. It's comical how badly he went the other way.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 AM   #82
Rabb
Ring of Famer

When 20 rolls around, Foster is there then Denver doesn't take him...the Mane will explode.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #83
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Starling Marte had a similar excuse recently, too. He just got an eighty-game suspension. Foster is now in the drug program before he's even drafted, but it was only a diluted sample, right? Some solid excuse about how it was tainted only because of his illness... sounds legit.

If it was based on his play alone; I would love to have him. Look at the energy and time and money these players and agents spend to shave half a second or get just a tiny bit improved in an exercise for the combine. They train their body for months along with practicing interviews, just for this event. Foster not only gets tossed for fighting a medical person, but gets himself in the NFL's drug program to boot. Wow! We are trying to improve our draft stock here, dude. It's comical how badly he went the other way.

Do you have a problem with Shany Ray playing for us. He actually got arrested, with Weed.

Foster did not get arrested and did not test positive for weed. If youre cool with ray but not foster I think you are more upset that these kids have something happen right before the draft. If so, sure that makes sense, but you still jump all over the pick if he falls within range.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #84
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝

Chicks dig the deep ball.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
🎯#13

It just shows how stupid he is and projects a strong likelihood that he will continue to screw up in the future. I value bright/high character players that can become leaders for us. Of course, when you establish that culture in the locker room, you can sneak in the occasional questionable, yet talented guys. We weren't the best team in 2015, but we had amazing leadership and great locker room chemistry. It's possible players like Foster and Mixon mature, and despite making stupid decisions as youngins are chalkboard/football smart, but the evidence, as of this moment, doesn't look promising. Talented freaks drum out of this league and/or never materialize all the time. The lifestyle and the amount of information to digest weed some guys out, even the great talents. It just comes down to whether the talent trumps the risk, I guess. Most here say yes; I think there are similarly talented players that are much, much safer.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #85
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It just shows how stupid he is and projects a strong likelihood that he will continue to screw up in the future. I value bright/high character players that can become leaders for us. Of course, when you establish that culture in the locker room, you can sneak in the occasional questionable, yet talented guys. We weren't the best team in 2015, but we had amazing leadership and great locker room chemistry. It's possible players like Foster and Mixon mature, and despite making stupid decisions as youngins are chalkboard/football smart, but the evidence, as of this moment, doesn't look promising. Talented freaks drum out of this league and/or never materialize all the time. The lifestyle and the amount of information to digest weed some guys out, even the great talents. It just comes down to whether the talent trumps the risk, I guess. Most here say yes; I think there are similarly talented players that are much, much safer.
I don't know man, I look at Von and he could have EASILY gone the Aldon Smith route. We got lucky there honestly, so did he as a person.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #86
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
When 20 rolls around, Foster is there then Denver doesn't take him...the Mane will explode.

Probably.

But will he really fall that far? I could see him dropping 5 or 6 spots with this news, but all the way to 20? Now if he had an injury issue to go along with the character concerns, we might be in business....
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #87
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

Probably.

But will he really fall that far? I could see him dropping 5 or 6 spots with this news, but all the way to 20? Now if he had an injury issue to go along with the character concerns, we might be in business....
There is talk of him not passing his medical recheck and needing more surgery on his torn rotator cuff . Who knows around draft time.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #88
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Well, I'll say one thing about Foster. I haven't seen a guy hit that hard and that consistently, play after play and game after game, since Jack Lambert. Maybe since Dick Butkus. A linebacking corps that contained Miller, Marshall, Ray and Foster would really light some people up.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #89
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!

Mike Lombardi says Foster will still be available at the beginning of round 2.

After this team has shown they could care less about off field problems, there's no reason he's not taken at 20.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mlombardi...92042834624512

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 04-21-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #90
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

After this team has shown they could care less about off field problems, there's no reason he's not taken at 20.

And lol at the guys saying he won't drop any spots at all.............LMAO. I don't know he'll make it to the 2nd round, but I don't think the chances are high that he goes in the first 15 picks.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #91
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!

Greatest win/loss of all-time

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Imagine if Foster and Little Mac are there and the team goes Dion Dawkins as an LT reach at 20. We're talking all time great Mane meltdown
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #92
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Imagine if Foster and Little Mac are there and the team goes Dion Dawkins as an LT reach at 20. We're talking all time great Mane meltdown
No joke, I think it would reach a level surpassing Tebow and the current Trevor/Paxton rift.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #93
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
I don't know man, I look at Von and he could have EASILY gone the Aldon Smith route. We got lucky there honestly, so did he as a person.
That was one of the reasons Elway focused on getting the locker room right. You can support troubled players if the core of your team is set and you have the right leaders.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #94
4HorSeimian
Ring of Famer

Go pound salt Panther Nation!

Guy is nasty on the field but he has had a few miss steps lately. It would worry me if I were a team and traded up and took him. If he fell all the way to us (he won't I don't think) it's a tough choice. Let's just say "hey mr ware how bout one more year"
4HorSeimian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #95
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!

Greatest win/loss of all-time

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
No joke, I think it would reach a level surpassing Tebow and the current Trevor/Paxton rift.
The web site will likely crash and be down until the 2nd preseason game.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:20 AM   #96
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Given it was from an overdose of water/gatorade and not drugs. I dont believe it should hurt him much from falling that far.

Our LT situation is a mess, but if Foster is there at 20, idk how you pass on him.

Last edited by LikeABoss5820; 04-22-2017 at 08:22 AM..
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #97
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Given it was from an overdose of water/gatorade and not drugs. I dont believe it should hurt him much from falling that far.

Our LT situation is a mess, but if Foster is there at 20, idk how you pass on him.
It's Mike Lombardi....
Old 04-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #98
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

After hearing this news, its important to know if he has failed other test. Was this a one time thing or some sort of pattern. Its the same thing with Mixson. Is it a pattern or a one time thing.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #99
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Can we crowd fund to buy a million twitter bots to keep posting that Foster beats dogs while listening to the audiobook of Mein Kampf?

Let's guarantee the drop.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #100
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

PRODIGIOUS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

The FO took a chance on Ray. I would love if they took a chance on Foster if he's available at 20. He's a top ten talent IMO.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote