The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #101
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
I wouldn't hesitate to take Foster @ 20, Mixon in the 2nd and look OT, TE, DL or WR with our 2 3rd round picks.
2 instant starters. Both are playmakers and add "juice" as VJ said.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #102
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
I wouldn't hesitate to take Foster @ 20, Mixon in the 2nd and look OT, TE, DL or WR with our 2 3rd round picks.
Eh, I'm ok with occasionally taking a player with some off field issues if the talent is too good to pass up, but if you make it a habit, you can turn into the Bengals pretty quickly.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:28 PM   #103
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

IDK, glad I am not a GM.

I think if he is a guy they have on their board and he close I would have to go up and get him. We could use an ILB who can start day 1 and cover some of the big body TE's we have to face in the AFC and we need the run support help.

I think the dilution sample is a plausible. I had the same thing happen to me some 20 years ago when I started a new job. It was my 1st piss test and I drank a lot of water before hand and had to go back and retake it. I could see a young guy being sick drinking a lot of water, not sure how often they test kids in college if at all.

Seems like the incident at the combine wasn't really an incident at all and is a non-factor now.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #104
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Max Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Mike Lombardi says Foster will still be available at the beginning of round 2.

After this team has shown they could care less about off field problems, there's no reason he's not taken at 20.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mlombardi...92042834624512
I disagree with Lombardi I think the Raiders would take him at there pick If he falls that far.
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #105
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
IDK, glad I am not a GM.

I think if he is a guy they have on their board and he close I would have to go up and get him. We could use an ILB who can start day 1 and cover some of the big body TE's we have to face in the AFC and we need the run support help.

I think the dilution sample is a plausible. I had the same thing happen to me some 20 years ago when I started a new job. It was my 1st piss test and I drank a lot of water before hand and had to go back and retake it. I could see a young guy being sick drinking a lot of water, not sure how often they test kids in college if at all.

Seems like the incident at the combine wasn't really an incident at all and is a non-factor now.
They test far more in college than they do the NFL; at least in my experience in college. We had team testing every fall and spring and then random NCAA and team testing throughout the season. I guess the team testing could vary based on the program.

IIRC the NFL only tests once unless a player is already in the program for failing.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #106
Bronco Yoda

Relax... I got this!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I don't care if he's wearing a gas mask and holding a bong in the green room. If Reuben Foster is there at 20, you give a Tiger Woods spots a Denny's skank fist pump and run to the podium.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #107
4Horsemen
Ring of Famer

Go pound salt Panther Nation!

Isn't he entering the league now w one strike and subject to random testing? I mean this is the guy who has had some strange moments the last few weeks right, unless I am mixing him up w some other high profilers?
4Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote